Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to deal with hardware
Top Forums Programming how to deal with hardware Post 302171141 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 27th of February 2008 04:26:42 PM
Old 02-27-2008
This is kind of vague.
For starters what platform and OS?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Great deal!

Okay, I don't know how this is funny, but it is. I found this while searching for Linux (please don't ask). :o (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnerd
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to deal with long records (> 8k)??

Still working on manipulating SQL statements. Some are very long (10-20k). I'm using a shell script to read the SQL statements that are stored in a DB2 table and writing the records out to a file on Unix. The records appear to be getting truncated at 8k. Is there any way for me to avoid the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bradtri2
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help to deal with empty string

Hi one to All i have written the code for searching the string in the file for specified path. its working fine, but my req:if the string is not available in the file , it should display the Message saying that , string is not available in the file. code is: echo "give the path where... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: saic
12 Replies

4. Solaris

Hardware faulty, but which hardware?

Hi folk, I have this hardware faunty message, but dont know which hardware is this ? can you guide me ? --------------- ------------------------------------ -------------- --------- TIME EVENT-ID MSG-ID SEVERITY ---------------... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
9 Replies

5. Hardware

Which desktop computer is the better deal?

I wasn't sure where to post this. Please move this as is fitting. My 10yr old laptop's (Dell, Latitude E5530, 4G ram, 2.5Ghz x 2 CPU) spin drive has died (currently running TinyCore Linux on USB in ram). I would be running Linux, compiling the kernel, and programming in C++. I do not do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bedtime
0 Replies
platform(n)						       Tcl Bundled Packages						       platform(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform ?1.0.4? platform::generic platform::identify platform::patterns identifier _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a machine running Tcl. Whilst Tcl provides the tcl_platform array for identifying the current architecture (in particular, the platform and machine elements) this is not always sufficient. This is because (on Unix machines) tcl_platform reflects the values returned by the uname command and these are not standardized across platforms and architectures. In addition, on at least one platform (AIX) the tcl_platform(machine) contains the CPU serial number. Consequently, individual applications need to manipulate the values in tcl_platform (along with the output of system specific utilities) - which is both inconvenient for developers, and introduces the potential for inconsistencies in identifying architectures and in naming con- ventions. The platform package prevents such fragmentation - i.e., it establishes a standard naming convention for architectures running Tcl and makes it more convenient for developers to identify the current architecture a Tcl program is running on. COMMANDS
platform::identify This command returns an identifier describing the platform the Tcl core is running on. The returned identifier has the general for- mat OS-CPU. The OS part of the identifier may contain details like kernel version, libc version, etc., and this information may con- tain dashes as well. The CPU part will not contain dashes, making the preceding dash the last dash in the result. platform::generic This command returns a simplified identifier describing the platform the Tcl core is running on. In contrast to platform::identify it leaves out details like kernel version, libc version, etc. The returned identifier has the general format OS-CPU. platform::patterns identifier This command takes an identifier as returned by platform::identify and returns a list of identifiers describing compatible architec- tures. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform 1.0.4 platform(n)