Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: part of a filename
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting part of a filename Post 302171138 by flame_eagle on Wednesday 27th of February 2008 04:17:07 PM
Old 02-27-2008
I'll do the modification later, it never hurt to be more rigorous Smilie

Also, to make things clearer, let's say there is a file named ".tap_profile_SIT02old", I don't need it in the resulting file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

detecting the part of a filename

I like to have the date in the 2008-09-01 format at the beginning of my filenames. I then hyphenate after that and then have my filename. I have a script that creates this for me. However, I may be working on files that already have the date format already in there and so I don't want to have a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mainegate
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strip part from filename

I've many file like this 01-file 01_-_file 01_-_file 01_-_file 01_-_file 01-file I would remove bold part from filename. Suggestions?Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cv313x
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting part of a filename

Hi All, I'm trying to get part of a filename and my skill with regular expression are lacking. I know I need to use SED but have no idea how to use it. I'm hoping that someone can help me out. The file names would be: prefix<partwewant>suffix.extension the prefix and suffix are always 3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imonkey
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut the some part in filename

Hi All, I have the file & name is "/a/b/c/d/e/xyz.dat" I need "/a/b/c/d/e/" from the above file name. I tryning with echo and awk. But it not come. Please help me in this regard. Thanks & Regards, Dathu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdathu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert part of a filename in a textfile

Hi All, I've got a textfile that i've stripped and edited using sed and want to insert part of the filename (original filename consists of: fw0204.txt.ncat_report.txt) but there are multiple files being delivered by an application to the data directory The part of the filename that I need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: etquart
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My Requirement: 1) There are some set of files in a directory like given below OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_acc.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_faf.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_prom.csv... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
0 Replies

7. Programming

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My code: if then set "subscriber" "promplan" "mapping" "dedicatedaccount" "faflistSub" "faflistAcc" "accumulator"\ "pam_account"; for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8;... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a part of a filename containing a particular word

Hi All, Thanks in Advance Shell Script or Perl Script I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My Requirement: 1) There are some set of files in a directory like given below OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_acc.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_faf.csv... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing part of filename

Hi guys! I have quite a lot of files like all_10001_ct1212307460308.alf* and I want to get rid of the first number for all at once like: all_ct1212307460308.alf* How can I do this in the shell? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: TimmyTiz
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the part of a filename

Hi, I am writing an ebuild for Gentoo Linux operating system. Writing an ebuild is about Bash scripting where I am a newbie. So, my ebuild must find a part of a specific filename. Such a filaname my look like this: libvclient_release_x64.so.740and I must to find the number at the and of... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: csanyipal
18 Replies
cm2hmm(1)							  Infernal Manual							 cm2hmm(1)

NAME
cm2hmm - build a rigorous HMM-based filter from an existing covariance model (CM) SYNOPSIS
cm2hmm cmfile hmmfile background [background parameters] HMMtype optimizer [optimizer parameters] DESCRIPTION
cm2hmm reads a covariance model (CM) from cmfile, constructs a hidden-Markov model (HMM) that preserves some information of the CM and saves the HMM to hmmfile. The HMM can be used as a rigorous pre-filtering step to searching with the CM. The CM file must be in the standard format output used by Infernal. OPTIONS
--help Print brief help; includes summary of command-line parameters. background [background parameters] Select the model of background sequence. uniform gives all bases equal probability (25%). gc <fraction> specifies the G+C content. <fraction> should be a number between 0 and 1. file <filename> loads the base distribution from a file in a specific format. HMMtype Specify the type of HMM to be used; options are compact and expanded. Compact-type models are generally faster, but expanded-type models may provide better filtering. optimizer [optimizer parameters] Specify which mathematical optimizer is to be used to create the final model. Currently the only option is cfsqp which takes two paramters: <B> <C>. B=0, C=1 are reasonable choices. (See the CFSQP manual for further details.) SEE ALSO
For complete documentation, see the User's Guide (Userguide.pdf) that came with the distribution; or see the Infernal web page, http://infernal.janelia.org/. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 HHMI Janelia Farm Research Campus. Freely distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPLv3). See the file COPYING that came with the source for details on redistribution conditions. AUTHOR
Eric Nawrocki, Diana Kolbe, and Sean Eddy HHMI Janelia Farm Research Campus 19700 Helix Drive Ashburn VA 20147 http://selab.janelia.org/ Infernal 1.0.2 October 2009 cm2hmm(1)