Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fax to printer from unix?
Operating Systems HP-UX fax to printer from unix? Post 302171055 by tariqjamal on Wednesday 27th of February 2008 01:00:37 PM
Old 02-27-2008
Here are 3 that are Fax printers.

RICOH Aficio 2045

RICOH Aficio 2020D

And Dell MFP 1815

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fax Software

Do you know of any good and inexpensive Fax Software Package that can run on Unix and AIX? I will be using an external Modem attach to one of the system's serial port. I will be using it for sending faxes “only” Thanks for your help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: falcon2460
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

TCPIP Printer in Unix

How do we install a Printer connected directly to network with a private IP of 192.9.168.109 on a SUN system with IP of 192.9.168.2 so that we can use it with the lp command. The printer is a standard Line Matrix Printer. I would like to know how to add it from COMMANDLINE also. Thanx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: /etc/passwd
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fax on Solaris

Hi all, I am running an application on Solaris 8. I want to send the output from this application as fax. To achive this i need to do add the fax as a printer on the unix machine. I want to know is : - What are the settings required to be done in order to make my server able to send fax... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding Printer in unix

I am trying to find the list of printers(names) in the network from unix server. can anybody help me . I need the command. Thanks in advance. :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijisenthil
2 Replies

5. Solaris

fax hardware

hiho, do you know a hardware vendor which provide certified hardware for sun solaris/sparc with Class 2 or Class 1 compatible faxmodems pci-cards? i found many software for that purpose but no hardware... :( and the hcl on bigadmin only speaks about x86... thanks a lot greetings PRESSY (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fax Component

I would like to build a small fax component in Java or Perl. I have the javax.comm. (rxtx gnu.io) for Java for serial connection and get send a message to my fax were the light goes on and port is taken, but after that I am in the dark. Does anyone have some reference as to where I can get some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: photon
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to allow unix regular user to disable a unix printer

HI, I'm trying to create a script that a regular unix user can run from a unix menu and disable and enable a unix printer. Any help will be very helpful. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: miguelpza
0 Replies

8. AIX

fax

aix5.3 - how do i test moden that just install/configure in aix5.3, and also how do i send fax ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fax problem

Using the sendmail or other commands i need to send the attachment files for the Fax? Please provide the some example. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can we send fax to remote fax machine by lpr?

Hi all, Our application has to send Fax to our cutomer Fax number . I am using lpr -P faxser:test-fax <<dos format file>> I tested on our network Fax numbers . Its working fine. But when i try to send outside our network , its not sending all files are sitting in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: help_need
1 Replies
PRINTER_LIST(3) 							 1							   PRINTER_LIST(3)

printer_list - Return an array of printers attached to the server

SYNOPSIS
array printer_list (int $enumtype, [string $name], [int $level]) DESCRIPTION
The function enumerates available printers and their capabilities. PARAMETERS
o $enumtype -$enumtype must be one of the following predefined constants: o PRINTER_ENUM_LOCAL: enumerates the locally installed printers. o PRINTER_ENUM_NAME: enumerates the printer of $name, can be a server, domain or print provider. o PRINTER_ENUM_SHARED: this parameter can't be used alone, it has to be OR'ed with other parameters, i.e. PRINTER_ENUM_LOCAL to detect the locally shared printers. o PRINTER_ENUM_DEFAULT: (Win9.x only) enumerates the default printer. o PRINTER_ENUM_CONNECTIONS: (WinNT/2000 only) enumerates the printers to which the user has made connections. o PRINTER_ENUM_NETWORK: (WinNT/2000 only) enumerates network printers in the computer's domain. Only valid if $level is 1. o PRINTER_ENUM_REMOTE: (WinNT/2000 only) enumerates network printers and print servers in the computer's domain. Only valid if $level is 1. o $name - Used with PRINTER_ENUM_NAME. o $level -$level sets the level of information request. Can be 1,2,4 or 5. RETURN VALUES
Return an array of printers. EXAMPLES
Example #1 printer_list(3) example <?php /* detect locally shared printer */ var_dump(printer_list(PRINTER_ENUM_LOCAL | PRINTER_ENUM_SHARED)); ?> PHP Documentation Group PRINTER_LIST(3)