Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Need An Idea On How Solaris Work Post 302170887 by dba on Wednesday 27th of February 2008 02:54:10 AM
Old 02-27-2008
Need An Idea On How Solaris Work

PLS AM A NEWBE IN SOLARIS AND I NEED A GOOD MATERIAL ON HOW SOLARIS WORK.ie, THE INTERNAL WORKINGS OF SOLARIS.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Limitations of awk? Good idea? Bad idea?

Keeping in mind that I'm relatively comfortable with programming in general but very new to unix and korn/bourne shell scripts.. I'm using awk on a CSV file, and then performing calculations and operations on specific fields within specific records. The CSV file I'm working with has about 600... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rcp on solaris doesn't work

Hi I have 2 Solaris boxes A and B, A running solaris 9, and B running solaris 6. when i try to use rcp on A like this:- A> rcp file.txt B:/path/file.txt I get into standard input and nothing happens!! Then On the target machine B, if i try, B> rcp otherfile.txt B:/path/otherfile.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Mouse can not work in Solaris 10

Dear friends, My mouse can not work in my Solaris 10 machine. The mouse itself is OK, i can use it without problems in my colleagues' Unixs. I outstationed for a few weeks, after came back, it can not work already. The cursor will float in the centre of my screen and can never move,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dunhill_Zhao
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mouse can not work in Solaris 10

Dear frends, My mouse in Solaris 10 machine has just failed today. The mouse itself is physically Ok, I can use it in my colleagues' Unix. In my own box, the cursor is just floating in the centre of screen. Any suggestions? Any method to check / modify hardware in solaris 10? thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dunhill_Zhao
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls -d doesn't work on Solaris

Hello, the ls -d command to only list directories in a directory doesn't seem to work on Solaris and the man command says to use that combination: ls -d Anyone have the same problem and find a resolve? Thanks BobK (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
9 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

HD Controller does not Work in Solaris

Hi, I'm attempting to build a raid Z NAS using solaris, but I only have 4 sata ports on my MB, so I bought a Rosewill RC-211 PCIe controller (adds 2 sata II ports). I'm new to solaris, but I understand that to add a new drive, you first run #devfsadm, which puts the files into /dev/dsk. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciscocbee
3 Replies

7. Solaris

grep -e doesn't work on solaris

grep -e doesn't work in Soalris. Same script with grep -e worked on AIX/HP/LINUX.. I would like to search a list of patterns on "log.txt" like ... grep -e FATAL -e ERROR log.txt I get the error message as grep: illegal option -- e Usage: grep -hblcnsviw pattern file . . . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmkraja
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Domain and work groups in solaris 10

Hello all, In solaris 10 can we create domains and workgroups like Active directory in windows? If that is possible, can some one please advise the procedure.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhargav90
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep -o does not work in Solaris

I am using the code below to grep through a list of files (TEMPFILE) and look for rsync, rdist, rsh, ftp, etc. in each file. Do a count of each, and output that to a logfile. This works great in Linux, but not at all in Solaris because the EGREP -o option does not exist. Anyone have an idea... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Redirection does not work in Solaris

Hi all, i have been trying to direct o/p of one command to file, but i don get any entries in file but ouptput get displayed on command prompt. I have tried many options but still , it does not work. please guide. here is the command -bash-3.00$ /usr/local/bin/sudo lpstat -p | grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies
BP_BIBLIO(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     BP_BIBLIO(1p)

NAME
biblio.PLS - bioperl client for accessing and querying a bibliographic repository. SYNOPSIS
Usage: biblio.PLS [vh] biblio.PLS [bcFgOpq] [-l <URL>] biblio.PLS [abcdDeFknmOpqrs] [-l <URL>] -i <collection-ID> biblio.PLS [abcdDeFknmOpqrs] [-l <URL>] - -find <keywords> [-attrs <attrs>]... biblio.PLS [Vq] [-l <URL>] biblio.PLS [FOq] [-f <filename>] DESCRIPTION
A client showing how to use Bio::Biblio module, a module for accessing and querying a bibliographic repository. It also shows how to use modules Bio::Biblio::IO::medlinexml Bio::Biblio::IO::medline2ref which converts XML MEDLINE citations into a simple hash table and into full Perl objects. It has many options in order to cover as many methods as possible. Because of that, it can be also used as a fully functional command-line client for querying repository and retrieving citations from it. OPTIONS
What service to contact: -l <URL> ... a location where a Bibliographic Query service is provided as a WebService (default: http://www.ebi.ac.uk/openbqs/services/MedlineSRS) What query collection to use: Some options do not need to specify a collection, some do. -i <collection_id> ... the collection ID can be obtained in a previous invocation by specifying argument '-p' (print ID) -find <keywords> [-attrs <attrs>] ... create a collection from citations containing given keywords - either in all default attributes, or only in the given attributes; it is possible to repeat it, for example: -find brazma -attrs authors -find -study (the repetitions refine previous results) both <keywords> and <attrs> may be comma-delimited multi-values; note that '-find' must be separated from the rest of options by '-'; note that this script is a bit stupid regarding quoted keywords, or keywords containing commans... TBD better what XML format is used for citations: -Fm ... MEDLINE (default) -Fp ... PubMed What to do (with the query collection): -g <id> ... get citation <id> -c ... get count (a number of citations) -p ... print collection ID (which may be used in the next invocation as an '-i' argument); it implies also '-k' -b ... print citations in a non-XML format (TBD) Other options can be used only on a sub-collection - which can be obtained directly by specifying '-i' argument, or indirectly by specifying one or more queries by '-find' arguments: -d ... get all citation IDs -n ... get next citation -m [<how_many>] ... get 'how_many' more -r ... reset iteration to the first citation in the collection (now you can use '-n' or '-m' again) -a ... get all citations - as an array -s ... as '-a' but get it as one string -e ... check if given collection exists and has more citations -k ... keep resulting collection persistent (makes sense only when collection IDs are being printed otherwise you would not know how to contact the persistent collection next time) -D ... destroy given collection (makes sense together with '-i') Options specifying output format of the results: -Ox ... output in XML format (default) -Oo ... output as Biblio objects -Or ... output as a raw hashtable The options above can be used also for converting an XML MEDLINE local file without using any SOAP connection at all; -f <filename> ... an XML file to be read and converted Options dealing with controlled vocabularies: -Vn ... get all vocabulary names -Vv::<name> ... get all values from vocabulary <name> -Va::<name> ... get everything from vocabulary <name> -Vd::<name>::<value> ... get description of <value> from vocabulary <name> -Ve::<name>::<value> ... return 1 if <value> exists in vocabulary <name> And the remaining options: -h ... get help -v ... get version -q ... be quiet (less verbose) EXAMPLES
biblio.PLS - -find Java -attrs abstract -find perl Several separate invocations sharing the same query collection: biblio.PLS -p -q - -find Brazma,Robinson > b.tmp biblio.PLS -i `cat b.tmp` -d MEDLINE2005/10693778 MEDLINE2005/10977099 MEDLINE2005/11726920 MEDLINE2005/12225585 MEDLINE2005/12227734 biblio.PLS -i `cat b.tmp` -g 10693778 <MedlineCitation Status="Completed"> ... </MedlineCitation> biblio.PLS -i `cat b.tmp` -e Exists: 1 Has next: 1 biblio.PLS -i `cat b.tmp` -D Destroyed OK. biblio.PLS -i `cat b.tmp` -e Exists: 0 Has next: 0 Access to controlled vocabularies: biblio.PLS -Vn MEDLINE2005/JournalArticle/properties MEDLINENEW/resource_types MEDLINE2005/resource_types MEDLINE2005/Person/properties MEDLINE2005/*/publication_type MEDLINENEW/JournalArticle/properties repository_subsets MEDLINE2005/*/citation_subset biblio.PLS -Vv::MEDLINE2005/JournalArticle/properties AllText ID PMID ISSN ... Converting local XML MEDLINE file: biblio.PLS -g 10693778 > a_file.xml biblio.PLS -f a_file.xml -Oo ... to Perl objects biblio.PLS -f a_file.xml -Or ... as a raw hash ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
HTTPPROXY = <HTTP proxy server> Use this if you use this script on a machine which needs to access remote HTTP targets via a proxy server. For example: export HTTPPROXY=http://128.243.220.41:3128 biblio.PLS -c FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to the Bioperl mailing list. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug trackingi system to help us keep track of the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Martin Senger Email martin.senger@gmail.com HISTORY
Written February 2002 Updated July 2005 perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 BP_BIBLIO(1p)