Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fax to printer from unix?
Operating Systems HP-UX fax to printer from unix? Post 302170782 by jgt on Tuesday 26th of February 2008 04:04:10 PM
Old 02-26-2008
Exactly what make and model are the printers?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fax Software

Do you know of any good and inexpensive Fax Software Package that can run on Unix and AIX? I will be using an external Modem attach to one of the system's serial port. I will be using it for sending faxes “only” Thanks for your help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: falcon2460
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

TCPIP Printer in Unix

How do we install a Printer connected directly to network with a private IP of 192.9.168.109 on a SUN system with IP of 192.9.168.2 so that we can use it with the lp command. The printer is a standard Line Matrix Printer. I would like to know how to add it from COMMANDLINE also. Thanx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: /etc/passwd
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fax on Solaris

Hi all, I am running an application on Solaris 8. I want to send the output from this application as fax. To achive this i need to do add the fax as a printer on the unix machine. I want to know is : - What are the settings required to be done in order to make my server able to send fax... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding Printer in unix

I am trying to find the list of printers(names) in the network from unix server. can anybody help me . I need the command. Thanks in advance. :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijisenthil
2 Replies

5. Solaris

fax hardware

hiho, do you know a hardware vendor which provide certified hardware for sun solaris/sparc with Class 2 or Class 1 compatible faxmodems pci-cards? i found many software for that purpose but no hardware... :( and the hcl on bigadmin only speaks about x86... thanks a lot greetings PRESSY (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fax Component

I would like to build a small fax component in Java or Perl. I have the javax.comm. (rxtx gnu.io) for Java for serial connection and get send a message to my fax were the light goes on and port is taken, but after that I am in the dark. Does anyone have some reference as to where I can get some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: photon
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to allow unix regular user to disable a unix printer

HI, I'm trying to create a script that a regular unix user can run from a unix menu and disable and enable a unix printer. Any help will be very helpful. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: miguelpza
0 Replies

8. AIX

fax

aix5.3 - how do i test moden that just install/configure in aix5.3, and also how do i send fax ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fax problem

Using the sendmail or other commands i need to send the attachment files for the Fax? Please provide the some example. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can we send fax to remote fax machine by lpr?

Hi all, Our application has to send Fax to our cutomer Fax number . I am using lpr -P faxser:test-fax <<dos format file>> I tested on our network Fax numbers . Its working fine. But when i try to send outside our network , its not sending all files are sitting in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: help_need
1 Replies
cups-driverd(8) 						    Apple Inc.							   cups-driverd(8)

NAME
cups-driverd - cups driver daemon SYNOPSIS
cups-driverd cat ppd-name cups-driverd list request_id limit options DESCRIPTION
cups-driverd shows or lists PPD files. It is run in response to CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer or CUPS-Get-Devices requests. The first form ("cups-driverd cat ppd-name") writes the named PPD file to stdout. The output format is an uncompressed PPD file. The second form lists the available manufacturers or PPD files to stdout as indicated by the options argument. The output format is an IPP response message. The request_id argument is the request ID from the original IPP request, typically 1. The limit argument is the limit value from the original IPP request - 0 means no limit. Finally, the options argument is a space-delimited list of attributes ("name=value name=value ...") that were passed in with the request. Currently cups-driverd looks for the ppd-make and requested-attributes attributes and tailors the output accordingly. DRIVERS
Drivers can be static PPD files under the /usr/share/cups/model directory or programs under the /usr/lib/cups/driver directory. Static PPD files must conform to the Adobe PPD File Format Specification version 4.3 and may be compressed using the gzip(1) program. Driver programs must implement the command-line interface shown in the next section. DRIVER PROGRAMS Driver programs provide a interface to dynamically-generated PPD files. The following arguments are currently defined: drivername list Lists the supported PPD files to stdout. drivername cat ppdname Writes the named PPD file to stdout. Driver programs MUST NOT query hardware or make other long-term operations that would delay the return of a driver list. See the NOTES sec- tion below for specific recommendations. LISTING FILES (drivername list) When run with the single argument "list", the program must list the available PPD files it can generate to stdout using the following for- mat: "drivername:ppdname" language "make" "make and model" "drivername:ppdname" language "make" "make and model" "1284 device id" "drivername:ppdname" language "make" "make and model" "1284 device id" "(PPD product)" "drivername:ppdname" language "make" "make and model" "1284 device id" "(PPD product)" "PostScript version" "drivername:ppdname" language "make" "make and model" "1284 device id" "(PPD product)" "PostScript version" "type" Drivername is the name of the driver program. Ppdname is the name used to select the given driver. Language is the locale associated with the default language of the PPD file, typically "en". Make is the Manufacturer name from the PPD file. Make and model is the NickName name from the PPD file. 1284 device id is the 1284DeviceId from the PPD file, if any. (PPD product) is the Product string as it would appear in the PPD file or from a PostScript query. PostScript version is the PSVersion string as it would appear in the PPD file or from a PostScript query. Type is "postscript" for PostScript printers, "pdf" for PDF printers, "raster" for raster printers, or "fax" for facsimile devices. WRITING FILES (drivername cat ppdname) When the driver program is run with the "cat ppdname" arguments, it must write the named PPD file to stdout, uncompressed. If the named PPD file does not exist, the driver program must not write any output to stdout and report the error to stderr instead. DRIVER ERROR MESSAGES Error messages can be relayed back to cupsd by writing them to stderr. The following prefixes are recognized: DEBUG: [drivername] Debugging messages ERROR: [drivername] Error messages INFO: [drivername] Informational messages NOTES
Due to performance considerations, driver programs have been officially deprecated and should not be used for new development. Currently only the CUPS web interface and lpinfo(8) command will request lists from all driver programs. SEE ALSO
cupsd(8), cupsd.conf(5), cupstestppd(1), lpinfo(8), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2013 by Apple Inc. 6 January 2011 CUPS cups-driverd(8)