Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Automatically mounting a filesystem after a reboot Post 302170679 by austin4397 on Tuesday 26th of February 2008 10:40:26 AM
Old 02-26-2008
Question Automatically mounting a filesystem after a reboot

Hi All,

I am new to AIX. I am having problems mounting a filesystem after a system reboot.

Steps:

1. Create and Map LUN to host

2. On the host, to detect/configure the LUN: /usr/sbin/cfgmgr

3. Create a filesystem: mkfs -V vxfs /dev/hdisk757

4. Create a mountpoint: mkdir -p /mnt/testlun; chmod 777 /mnt/testlun

5. Mount the filesystem: mount -V vxfs -o log=INLINE /dev/hdisk757 /mnt/testlun

6. Populate the /etc/filesystems:
echo '
/mnt/testlun:
dev = /dev/hdisk757
vfs = vxfs
log = INLINE
mount = automatic <--- Tried using "true"
check = false' >> /etc/filesystems

7. touch a file

8. ls /mnt/testlun
testfile1

9. reboot

After the system reboots, I don't see the filesystem in the df output.

Are the above steps correct?. Do I need to use some kind of container like volume group or diskgroup for veritas, before I can create a filesystem on it.?. Smilie

Thanks...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Mounting NTFS filesystem

I'm currently running dual boot Linux & Windows. Linux is Fedora core 3. I've downloaded and installed the rmp that was needed so that I could mount a NTFS filesystem. But when I go to mount the filesystem I'm still getting error's stating it does not support the NTFS filesystem. Also the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofie
9 Replies

2. Solaris

filesystem mounting

Hi all, I have a question regarding filesystem mounting. I have one Sun box(V240) and a NAS on a network. Sun machine shows the following output of df -k command. # df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 11094316 8509226 2474147 78% ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantchavan
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

mounting filesystem twice on Solaris

Hello, In a shared storage environment is their anything to stop being able to mount the same filesystem on two hosts by accident, a flag being set or something on the storage? If it did happen would one of the hosts panic? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Actuator
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Mounting Windows Filesystem

i am new to linux i want to know how to create ntfs partition and mount all windows drives in linux please help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkmohan18
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Need help on filesystem mounting

Hi techies, I am pretty new to Solaris. So the qstn might be a silly one. I had a local disk with Solaris installed. I have done ufsdump to a SAN disk and after that s3 and s7 slices are giving the following error : "UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY." I had the following... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojsomanath
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mounting filesystem

Could anyone help me please as I am stuck up. I want to mount /home/dun/maitree location of server A in server B to location /home/dun/tibco .Both server A and server B are Linux machine .The problem is that /home/dun/tibco of server B has some files and directory in it so after doing this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maitree
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run script automatically on reboot as root user?

Hi friends,,, I am running one server on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32-bit, some times my pc restarts automatically, with no reason, I have a script to start server which requires root password. in this directory /myserver/start_server.sh How can I do this ? and some scripts I am having that I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Mounting done only after reboot the machine in Solaris 9

Hi Team I am facing an issue on solaris machine as mounting a remote path is only done after reboot the machine. without rebooting its going to hanging state and no process either. i am using the following parameters for mounting NFS share.. mount -F nfs remote_path:/abc/ mount_point... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boby.kumar
1 Replies

9. AIX

How can we re-mount the RAM disk automatically after the reboot on AIX?

Hi All, I was trying to know more about RAM disk concept in AIX. I found something on IBM site. I was able to create and use/delete RAM disk as per IBM instructions. But as you guys know, this RAM disk is a temporary storage. (*when ever we reboot the AIX LPAR, content/RAM disk will be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
4 Replies

10. AIX

Mounting a directory in a filesystem

Hi All, Recently I came to know my / root file system is getting full because of application directory /siebel/ I have one option. 1) Down the application , take full backup 2)change the filesystem ownership 2)copy the contents into that filesystem cp -pr /siebel/* /siebelfs/* 3)Inform... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thala
9 Replies
MSDOSFS(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							MSDOSFS(5)

NAME
msdosfs -- MS-DOS file system SYNOPSIS
options MSDOSFS DESCRIPTION
The msdosfs driver will permit the FreeBSD kernel to read and write MS-DOS based file systems. The most common usage follows: mount -t msdosfs /dev/ada0sN /mnt where N is the partition number and /mnt is a mount point. Some users tend to create a /dos directory for msdosfs mount points. This helps to keep better track of the file system, and make it more easily accessible. It is possible to define an entry in /etc/fstab that looks similar to: /dev/ada0sN /dos msdosfs rw 0 0 This will mount an MS-DOS based partition at the /dos mount point during system boot. Using /mnt as a permanent mount point is not advised as its intention has always been to be a temporary mount point for floppy and ZIP disks. See hier(7) for more information on FreeBSD direc- tory layout. SEE ALSO
mount(2), unmount(2), mount(8), mount_msdosfs(8), umount(8) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
October 1, 2013 BSD