Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk with mulitple FS
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk with mulitple FS Post 302170507 by matt.d on Monday 25th of February 2008 08:54:50 PM
Old 02-25-2008
I think you are getting that because the % is not the delimiter for every field.

If I do
Code:
df -kP | awk '{print $5}'

I get all the capacities. What output are you looking for?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing to mulitple printers

I want to send a single report from my application to mulitple printers with one command. I tried using a synomym and assigning it to different printers, but it stops when it finds the first hit. Has anyone done this at the unix level through printcap? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on Mulitple files mutliple actions

Hi all, I have mistkanely gzipped twice an entire folder and sub folders, and also renamed the files during that process. I am trying to undo this, and I need help to create the batch to work on it. All folders are under my images directory, I have a output.txt file that holds all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saariko
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Opening Mulitple files using For loop in Perl

Hi All, I have a total of ten file to open in the Perl script and i am using a for loop to open each file and capture some strings inside each file. Unfortunately, i encounter the below syntax error. I think there should be something wrong with this term reports_${counting}_${_}.txt but i do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

opening mulitple different videos with mplayer and placing them in x,y coordinates?

howdy. can you place mplayer windows on the screen anywhere? i would like to open four movie files from command line and make them show up on screen like this ----- ----- | 1 | | 2 | ----- ----- | 3 | | 4 | ----- ----- hopefully my ascii representation makes some sense. and i would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danpaluska
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mulitple grep using tail

I have a basic tail/grep question. I have logs that are generated & kept in a directory called alert_audit. I am using "tail" to see the logs that are coming in, but I only need logs that contain the IP address 10.249.185. or 10.247.231. Here is the command I have, but it pulls all IP... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertson1995
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Mulitple Zones on Dual NIC host

Greetings Forumers! I am running into an issue with multiple zones on an M5000 with 2 NICs. The NICs are on separate VLANs. These zones are using the 2 NICs to communicate with other systems but when they need to communicate with a zone on the same system, but different NIC, the application... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mulitple rows update by sed command

Hi All, I need to update 2 rows in my file. But i can do only one row update by sed command. Please help me how can i change mutltiple rows in single sed commana my i/p file: (example.txt) record integer (10) present_id; string (10) first_name; string (10) last_name; string... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdathu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

substitution to mulitple files

Hello all, I am trying to make a script that will apply a substitution to any number of files given on the command line. Example would be ~/Unix/script/subst car boat myFile1.txt myFile2.txt myFile3.txt This is the code I have so far but it does not function as needed. PAT=$1 shift... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramn214
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and replace mulitple charaters in filenames

I have a virtual pdf printer set up on my server which produces files with the following prefix: smbprn_00000044_Microsoft_Word_-_OriginalFilename.pdfthe number in the center of the file increase by one for each new file. I want to remove all the charaters infront of OriginalFilename.pdf using... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What will be the effect of environment variable, when mulitple sessions are opened by same login?

Hello, What will be the effect of environment variable, when mulitple sessions are opened by same login? Following code snippet is part of a shell script. Environment : HP-UX B.11.31 U ia64 For Example EXECUTION_DIR=`pwd`/ EXECUTION_DIR_RT=${EXECUTION_DIR}RT/ export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)