Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Static Routes question
Operating Systems AIX Static Routes question Post 302170387 by jyoung on Monday 25th of February 2008 12:41:14 PM
Old 02-25-2008
Static Routes question

I added a static route through smit using:
Communications applications and Services ==>
TCIP/IP ==>
Further Configuration ==>
Static Routes ==>
Add a Static Route ==>
Route Type of host
Filled in Destination Address, Default Gateway Address and Network Interface of en0.

This works fine and am able to FTP to this address, but after a few minutes the static route is no longer there. What would cause this to be removed and what do I have to do to make it permanent? Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to add 2 gateway routes?

I need some help adding routes in sco. I am using SCO Openserver 5.0.4. Basically I have 2 gateways here. The first is 10.15.1.1 and allows me access to the rest of the computers in the office and in other offices. The other gateway is 10.15.10.2 and is the sonicwall that will allow access... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
3 Replies

2. Debian

Setting Routes and such

Ok, I made changes to my routing tables..... which file do I modify to make the routes initialize correctly when the machine boots up? I work with all flavours of Unix/Linux... but this is an older box... Linux, Release 2.2.14-5.0. I did a grep for the default route in /etc, but didnt find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djsal
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Where are routes stored ?

Hi there When adding a route (or indeed deleting a route) which file is amended ? I am moving a box from one network to another and when it starts up it tries to connect run 'add net 192.x.x.x' etc etc ...but i dont want it to do that where do I edit these route additions cheers (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Add Static Routes to new physical address

Hi, I need help to add new route: 10.252.0.138, GW 10.252.0.129 to e1000g1 and 10.252.0.10, GW 10.252.0.1 to e1000g2 tnx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
4 Replies

5. IP Networking

I need HELP to Set up Coyote Linux router with 1 static IP & 64 internal static IP

hello, i need help on setting my coyote linux, i've working on this for last 5 days, can't get it to work. I've been posting this message to coyote forum, and other linux forum, but haven't get any answer yet. Hope someone here can help me...... please see my attached picture first. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlwoaud
0 Replies

6. Programming

Question about what Static Libraries are...

im used to windows dll which gets loaded at runtime, are static libraries the same? the ones i link with -l on gcc? i mean, if my app used libpng for example, and i compiled it to a single ELF executable and took it to another pc that have no libpng on it, will it work? or it will complain... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JonhyM
2 Replies

7. Programming

Even the Static cURL Library Isn't Static

I'm writing a program which uses curl to be run on Linux PCs which will be used by a number of different users. I cannot make the users all install curl on their individual machines, so I have tried to link curl in statically, rather than using libcurl.so. I downloaded the source and created a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrandonShw
8 Replies

8. SCO

Static routes in SCO

Hi, Just a question of thought. Why one needs to add static routes on Unix servers ? If I had ethernet card, it already has the settings for gateway for incoming and outgoing requests. We donot have to explicitly set the route it should take. Then what is the use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dextergenious
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Centos-quick way to check if static routes are persistent

Hi All, Is there a quick way to check whether the current routes on my centos are persistent or not before rebooting ? i can take a route -n output but i may completely lost access to my server if the routes are gone. thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolatt
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

How to set static routes for packets, within the same Network?

I have three systems A,B,C. I want to configure A in such a way that all packets from A to C goes via B. I tried: 1. ip route add 'ip of C' via 'ip of B' 2. route add -net 'net address' netmask gw 'ip of B' These commands work initially when I try a ping or traceroute and expire after... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanak
2 Replies
Route classifier in tc(8)					       Linux						 Route classifier in tc(8)

NAME
route - route traffic control filter SYNOPSIS
tc filter ... route [ from REALM | fromif TAG ] [ to REALM ] [ classid CLASSID ] [ action ACTION_SPEC ] DESCRIPTION
Match packets based on routing table entries. This filter centers around the possibility to assign a realm to routing table entries. For any packet to be classified by this filter, a routing table lookup is performed and the returned realm is used to decide on whether the packet is a match or not. OPTIONS
action ACTION_SPEC Apply an action from the generic actions framework on matching packets. classid CLASSID Push matching packets into the class identified by CLASSID. from REALM fromif TAG Perform source route lookups. TAG is the name of an interface which must be present on the system at the time of tc invocation. to REALM Match if normal (i.e., destination) routing returns the given REALM. EXAMPLES
Consider the subnet 192.168.2.0/24 being attached to eth0: ip route add 192.168.2.0/24 dev eth0 realm 2 The following route filter will then match packets from that subnet: tc filter add ... route from 2 classid 1:2 and pass packets on to class 1:2. NOTES
Due to implementation details, realm values must be in a range from 0 to 255, inclusive. Alternatively, a verbose name defined in /etc/iproute2/rt_realms may be given instead. SEE ALSO
tc(8), ip-route(8) iproute2 21 Oct 2015 Route classifier in tc(8)