Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Add printer using hppi
Operating Systems HP-UX Add printer using hppi Post 302170347 by vbe on Monday 25th of February 2008 10:16:59 AM
Old 02-25-2008
What do call adding printer.. to port1?
Is it : a printer connected directly to a pc (on port 1)?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add Windows Printer

I have next to no knowledge of Unix, but have managed to do most of what I've needed to so far. I'm stuck however on adding a printer to the list of Unix printers that is a network printer. I have no printers connected directly to my Unix box, but need to be able to print from an application,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boydnapier
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

add printer on serial port

I want to add printer on a serial port can I get full details of all parameters like baudrate, parity,flow control, ... Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hegazy Mahdy
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add printer with IP address with lpadmin

Hi all, I'm tryin' to add a network printer with lpadmin (I don't have access to admintool) to a Solarisbox but I don't exactly know where to use the IP address. The thing is that this printer exists already with another printQ but I don't see any printerserver declared with lpsystem -l although... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nulnul7
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

add printer

Helooo I am trying to add a printer in sco unix but i found only serial ports how to define parallel ports? Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sak900354
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want to add a new printer to AIX

Hello. I would like to add an HP printer to my AIX (5.2) system. The printer is attached to a Windows PC via LPT1. We are using Novell as our LAN :) I am somewhat familiar with SMIT and printer queues. Still a bit of a newbie. I would like to be able to print from the AIX directly to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MILLERJ62
0 Replies

6. SCO

steps to add printer

hi, i want help plz i connect my xerox printer under sco os , someone can tell me by steps how i can add it ? what i need to do that ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
2 Replies

7. SCO

Cannot add printer to SCO OS 6

:( I am trying to add some printers under SCO OpenServer 6 and everytime I try to open the printer manager it returns a message that reads "Unable to get allowed/denied form users." "Failed to establish user authorizations." When I press the details button is gives me the following Error Details;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RicardoM
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with function to add printer

Requirement was to get the differences of printers on the prod server and the dev server Using the following awk, i was able to get the difference between two files. awk 'BEGIN {while ( getline < "sun5-printers.txt") {arr++ }}{ if (!($0 in arr ) ) {print} }' sun8-printers.txt I need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggoliath
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to add printer in Solaris

HI I am unable to add printer in solaris (architecture is SUN and OS is Solaris 10) as I try to print the file it gives following error Failed to contact service for erp-cljCP2025: not-found Need help Regards (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: smazshah
7 Replies
lprsetup(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       lprsetup(8)

Name
       lprsetup - printer spooler set up program

Syntax
       /etc/lprsetup

Description
       The command provides an interactive easy-to-use facility for administrating the line printers on your system.  The program contains on-line
       help and default answers to questions about adding, deleting, or changing the characteristics of any of the line printers on  your  system.
       Whenever  a  question  is  asked,  the  default	selection  is given in ] .  You can press Return in response to the question to accept the
       default, or enter an alternate value for the given parameter.

The program knows about all of the possible symbols in the file.  See for a current list.  After you have entered a printer  specification,
       and  have  verified  that  it  is  correct,  then creates the spooling directory, links the output filter, and creates an entry for the new
       printer.

If the printer is connected to your system, you must specify the printer device name which is in the lp printcap entry.

If lp is set to nn you are prompted to choose between or If your printer is connected to a port on your system, choose the default setting,
       If you choose you are prompted for the baud rate, br.  The default is the recommended baud rate for the printer.

If  you	want  to set up your printer to a LAT line, choose the option.	At this point, proceeds only if you have chosen a valid LAT device
       for lp.	It assumes that the LAT device has been configured for host initiated connections using If it has not, you must do this before the
       queue works.  For information about how to set up a LAT line, see Chapter 3 of the Guide to Ethernet Communications Servers.

If  lp  is  set	to another device, for example the program assumes that you are setting up a printer with a parallel port, for example, It
       does not prompt you for device type information, and serial port specific entries are not put into the entry.

See Also
       printcap(5), lpc(8), MAKEDEV(8)
       Guide to Ethernet Communications Servers
       Guide to System Environment Setup

lprsetup(8)