Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Add printer using hppi
Operating Systems HP-UX Add printer using hppi Post 302170347 by vbe on Monday 25th of February 2008 10:16:59 AM
Old 02-25-2008
What do call adding printer.. to port1?
Is it : a printer connected directly to a pc (on port 1)?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add Windows Printer

I have next to no knowledge of Unix, but have managed to do most of what I've needed to so far. I'm stuck however on adding a printer to the list of Unix printers that is a network printer. I have no printers connected directly to my Unix box, but need to be able to print from an application,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boydnapier
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

add printer on serial port

I want to add printer on a serial port can I get full details of all parameters like baudrate, parity,flow control, ... Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hegazy Mahdy
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add printer with IP address with lpadmin

Hi all, I'm tryin' to add a network printer with lpadmin (I don't have access to admintool) to a Solarisbox but I don't exactly know where to use the IP address. The thing is that this printer exists already with another printQ but I don't see any printerserver declared with lpsystem -l although... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nulnul7
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

add printer

Helooo I am trying to add a printer in sco unix but i found only serial ports how to define parallel ports? Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sak900354
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want to add a new printer to AIX

Hello. I would like to add an HP printer to my AIX (5.2) system. The printer is attached to a Windows PC via LPT1. We are using Novell as our LAN :) I am somewhat familiar with SMIT and printer queues. Still a bit of a newbie. I would like to be able to print from the AIX directly to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MILLERJ62
0 Replies

6. SCO

steps to add printer

hi, i want help plz i connect my xerox printer under sco os , someone can tell me by steps how i can add it ? what i need to do that ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
2 Replies

7. SCO

Cannot add printer to SCO OS 6

:( I am trying to add some printers under SCO OpenServer 6 and everytime I try to open the printer manager it returns a message that reads "Unable to get allowed/denied form users." "Failed to establish user authorizations." When I press the details button is gives me the following Error Details;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RicardoM
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with function to add printer

Requirement was to get the differences of printers on the prod server and the dev server Using the following awk, i was able to get the difference between two files. awk 'BEGIN {while ( getline < "sun5-printers.txt") {arr++ }}{ if (!($0 in arr ) ) {print} }' sun8-printers.txt I need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggoliath
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to add printer in Solaris

HI I am unable to add printer in solaris (architecture is SUN and OS is Solaris 10) as I try to print the file it gives following error Failed to contact service for erp-cljCP2025: not-found Need help Regards (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: smazshah
7 Replies
PAPSTATUS(8)							   Netatalk 2.2 						      PAPSTATUS(8)

NAME
papstatus - get the status of an AppleTalk-connected printer SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/papstatus [-d] [-p printer] [retrytime] DESCRIPTION
papstatus is used to obtain the current status message from an AppleTalk connected printer. It uses the Printer Access Protocol (PAP) to obtain the status information. If no printer is specified on the command line, papstatus looks for a file called .paprc in the current directory and reads it to obtain the name of a printer. The .paprc file should contain a single line of the form object:type@zone where each of object, :type, and @zone are optional. type and zone must be proceeded by `:' and `@' respectively. Blank lines and lines the begin with a `#' are ignored. type and zone default to LaserWriter and the zone of the local host, respectively. OPTIONS
-d Turns on a debugging mode that prints some extra information to standard error. -p printer Get status from printer (do not consult any .paprc files to find a printer name). The syntax for printer is the same as discussed above for the .paprc file. retrytime Normally, papstatus only gets the status from the printer once. If retrytime is specified, the status is obtained repeatedly, with a sleep of retrytime seconds between inquiring the printer. FILES
.paprc file that contains printer name SEE ALSO
nbp(1), pap(1) Netatalk 2.2 17 Dec 1991 PAPSTATUS(8)