Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can't find /lib/libz.so.1
Operating Systems HP-UX Can't find /lib/libz.so.1 Post 302170337 by tariqjamal on Monday 25th of February 2008 09:35:16 AM
Old 02-25-2008
Thanks for the reply Jim,

I have re-installed zlib, and noticed that libz.sl was now created in the /usr/local/lib directory, which it wasn't before.

But, I wanted to know are .so and .sl files that zlib create the same, in terms of functionality.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

LIB question

a program on linux uses three libs: libutil.a libtermcap.a libpthread.a. If I want to transplant this program to Solaris, where can I get the three libs? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hewlet
2 Replies

2. Linux

ct-lib on Lynix

Hi Friends ! Where can I get free ct-lib for Lynix ?? My problem is something like this-- Sybase server is running on a Solaris machine. Now I trying to access the Sybase from a Lynix machine for which i need ct-lib. I tried by downloading some free ct-libs for Lynix on the net, but they... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrgubbala
2 Replies

3. Programming

To use lib or lib32?

A good day to you, dear experts, I am a newbie, I noticed in binutils or gcc there are lib and lib32 and lib64, to take binutils as an example, My system is sgi IRIX6.5, which is suggested to use "n32" flag during the compiling and linking, is that mean that I need to use lib32? Q1. which one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakeat
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how install lib...

i download a boost library from net on/by window machine...i am using telnet connection.then how can i untar/compile/install boost library to /usr/local/lib...on my unix machine. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prangin
1 Replies

5. Programming

where is the dymatic lib to find

hi all lyang0@lyang0:~$ ldd /bin/ls linux-gate.so.1 => (0xb7f1c000) librt.so.1 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/librt.so.1 (0xb7f02000) libselinux.so.1 => /lib/libselinux.so.1 (0xb7ee9000) libacl.so.1 => /lib/libacl.so.1 (0xb7ee1000) libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

ls: /lib/libattr.so.1: no version information available (required by /lib/libacl.so.1)

Hello, I'm experimenting a problem on my rh server. Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 8) 2.4.21-47.ELsmp #1 SMP i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux It started with a segmentation fault on #id root To resolve it, I've installed coreutils-4.5.3-28.4.i386.rpm But, I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

libz.so missing

Hi, This is a new problem that I have since few days back. I have a CVS working on HP Unix, which apparently needs libz.so. Suddenly this libz.so seems to be missing. $ cvs /usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unable to find library 'libz.so'. Killed almost like the file disappeared from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tibork
3 Replies

8. AIX

LIB Version

Hi...please help with command to find the library version on AIX server ---------- Post updated at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:31 PM ---------- AIX version is 6.1.Please (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanal
4 Replies

9. AIX

Lib files

Hi All, I am trying to install IIS Suite application on AIX box. It gave an error as below Ensure the following libraries do not exist: /usr/lib/libicuio.a, /usr/lib/libicuuc.a, /usr/lib/libicui18n.a. These libraries may cause uvsh to not work properly. I manually removed these files by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't CD to lib ??? why

Hi, I have root access and user name called prod. but it doesn't matter which user I log in as. But I can't CD to the directory. Can you advise. dr-xr-xr-x 1 root root 1 Sep 12 15:40 lib $id uid=4902(prod) gid=50(develop) $cd lib -bash: cd: lib: Permission... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
7 Replies
elksemu(1)						      General Commands Manual							elksemu(1)

NAME
elksemu - Embedded Linux Kernel Subset emulator SYNOPSIS
/lib/elksemu program [arguments] DESCRIPTION
Elksemu is a program that allows 8086 ELKS programs to be run under Linux-i386. These programs can be compiled using the bcc(1) C compiler. It is not usual to invoke /lib/elksemu directly, either the simple patch or kernel module distributed with it will cause the kernel to run /lib/elksemu with the correct arguments whenever the user tries to execute an ELKS executable directly. OPTIONS
There are no flag options to elksemu, the first argument is the name of the program to run the rest are arguments that are passed to the Elks program. The elksemu program is normally installed suid-root and in this event it is able to run execute only (chmod 111) elks executables and act correctly on the suid permission bits on those executable. This may be considered a security hazard so elksemu does not have to be installed suid-root. SEE ALSO
bcc(1), as86(1), ld86(1) BUGS
Elksemu is incomplete. The program may still have security bugs! Jan, 1997 elksemu(1)