Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to save files in /tmp???? Post 302170170 by Perderabo on Sunday 24th of February 2008 09:31:53 PM
Old 02-24-2008
You can't save stuff in /tmp on solaris unless you change /tmp to be ufs or something like that. Any files in a normal solaris /tmp present immediately after a reboot must have been put there during the reboot.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

monitoring /tmp and /var/tmp for suspicous activity

Hello, does anyone have a script that can check the contents of the /tmp directory and for example e-mail the directory content if anything other than session files are present? Maybe there are better ways to monitor suspicous /tmp and /var/tmp activity, if so I'm listening :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamesbond
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

K shell /tmp/sh$$.* files problem

Hi, I am encountring this problem from some time now... ksh creates temp files /tmp/sh$$.* . Sometimes if some of my shell script crashes or I kill it... these temp files remain in the /tmp directory. At some later time when some script gets the same PID it tries to create files in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitkr
5 Replies

3. AIX

set permission to files in /tmp

Trying to setup user to have the ability to delete any files (regardless of owner) in /tmp. I've tried almost everything... the permission on the folder is drwxrwxrwt 10 bin bin, and at one point I give all the possible permission (short of root) I can give to the user, and he still can't delete... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cchiang12
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to pin files to /tmp

Hi all, Am currently working on editing a startup script that need me to copy a certain file from cdrom to /tmp (its a live cd am working on)and mount if from there to certain place.. Now i know that nothing can be stored in /tmp permanently ,however mechanism to load the file to /tmp on... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
19 Replies

5. AIX

what is creating the files in /tmp

How do I find what is creating these bunch of zero byte files under /tmp directory every few minutes. AIX - 5.3 TL05 # ls -l /tmp -rw-r--r-- 1 root system 0 Nov 05 16:54 n83n7a -rw-r--r-- 1 root system 0 Nov 05 16:54 ZO3S7a -rw-r--r-- 1 root system ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to make a script to delete files not in use in /tmp

I need to make a script to delete files not in use in /tmp Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raulochi
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls or find files under /tmp/*

what is proper syntax to ls all files under /tmp/*, and wc -c ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
4 Replies

8. AIX

Unknown files in /tmp

I have a lot of files with the following names in /etc /tmp/<num>.mktcpip like /tmp/934030.mktcpip Anyone knows which process creates these files? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petervg
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirecting tmp files of SORT into different directory

Hey Guys, I am facing an annoying scenario, fewer times when I execute the sort command, it throws out on error saying that "No Space on available on /var/tmp/<temp file name>. May be it is set to /var/tmp directory. I was wondering, if I cant redirect the temporary file creation to any other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Can all files under /tmp be safely removed

I wanted to know whether all files under /tmp can be safely removed. I guess that /tmp may also have temporary files for applications currently being worked on, so at the most those applications may just shut down. I hope that my question is clear whether all files under /tmp can be safely... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
5 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)