Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to hide SSH version
Operating Systems Solaris How to hide SSH version Post 302170162 by Smiling Dragon on Sunday 24th of February 2008 07:13:36 PM
Old 02-24-2008
That's pretty cool Perderabo Smilie
Just to add a word of warning though: Be careful of Solaris packages etc here as the binary will no longer have the same checksum and could trigger warnings. Possible what you're seeing in your messages file?

I forget the commandline, but you can have the pkg database update itself with a new checksum for a modified binary.

It's also possible that a checksum test elsewhere in the code could trip up.

Just worth being careful you consider all the ramifications of fiddling with code like ssh.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ssh version

Which version of SSH is this ssh -V SSH Version Sun_SSH_1.0, protocol versions 1.5/2.0. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
2 Replies

2. Solaris

command to know ssh version

Hi, I want to know the command to know ssh version on solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH version of rlogin (ie without password prompt)

I have 3 Solaris 10 UNIX servers, the shadow and passwd file are all identical and are automatically sync every 5 minutes. A majority of the users do not have CLI access but rather use a menu. I currently have menu options that allows them to rlogin to another server and I need to have the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: creedonjm
1 Replies

4. AIX

SSH Protocol Version 1

SSH Protocol Version 1 Session Key Retrieval Disable compatibility with version 1 of the protocol can any one advice in this regard and how can I Disable compatibility with version 1 of the protocol Pls advice .. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to hide shell terminal and run prompt program after ssh login for specified user

Hey guys, I have some task from my office to lock user on the specified directory after the user logged on using ssh. And then run prompt program to fill the required information. Yeah, just like an ATM system. My question: How could I do those?? AFAIK I have to edit the ~./bashrc. But the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
1 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Disable SSH 1.99 version?

Hello. My security audit reconise SSH 1.99 protocol version allowed. But in my sshd_config config is only: SSH version: How can I disable support for ssh protocol 1.99 version? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jabalv
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

ssh version 1 problem please help

Hi guys please help with the following. $ssh -1 -vvv -l username -o "ForwardX11 yes" server.name netscape OpenSSH_5.8p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8r 8 Feb 2011 debug2: ssh_connect: needpriv 0 debug1: Connecting to server.address port 22. debug1: Connection established. debug1: identity file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: llcooljatt
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hide the output of spawn ssh user@server

Hi All, I have written one script, which is connecting 3 diffrent servers and executing script placed on those. It is smthing like: spawn ssh user@server1 expect "*? assword:" send "pw \r" expect "$" send " sh ./filename1 \r" expect "$" expect eof spawn ssh user@server2 expect "*?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDMishra
7 Replies

9. Programming

How to hide from UNIX strings - obfuscate or hide a literal or constant?

Hi, I need to somehow pipe the password to a command and run some SQL, for example, something like echo $password | sqlplus -s system @query01.sql To make it not so obvious, I decided to try out writing a small C program that basically just do echo $password. So now I just do x9.out | sqlplus... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do I remove or hide SunOS version/release from remote login prompt?

For any SunOS 5.XX release, it appears prior to the "login:" prompt (as if a "uname" command is run). Would anyone know where that initial display of SunOS release comes from upon a remote login and how I can stop if from displaying? Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssid61
4 Replies
SHA224SUM(1)                                                       User Commands                                                      SHA224SUM(1)

NAME
sha224sum - compute and check SHA224 message digest SYNOPSIS
sha224sum [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Print or check SHA224 (224-bit) checksums. With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. -b, --binary read in binary mode -c, --check read SHA224 sums from the FILEs and check them --tag create a BSD-style checksum -t, --text read in text mode (default) The following five options are useful only when verifying checksums: --ignore-missing don't fail or report status for missing files --quiet don't print OK for each successfully verified file --status don't output anything, status code shows success --strict exit non-zero for improperly formatted checksum lines -w, --warn warn about improperly formatted checksum lines --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit The sums are computed as described in RFC 3874. When checking, the input should be a former output of this program. The default mode is to print a line with checksum, a space, a character indicating input mode ('*' for binary, ' ' for text or where binary is insignificant), and name for each FILE. AUTHOR
Written by Ulrich Drepper, Scott Miller, and David Madore. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report sha224sum translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/sha224sum> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) sha2 utilities' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 SHA224SUM(1)