Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming sigaction structure + compilation prob Post 302170151 by JamesGoh on Sunday 24th of February 2008 04:16:12 PM
Old 02-24-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by manikantants
I am not comfortable with signal progrraming. But looking at the error, i think you missed to include the header file, where sigaction structure is declared. Did you include signal.h in your code ?
Sorry, I should have pointed out in my previous post the code I wrote down was only a portion of the entire program. Also to answer ur original question, yes I did include signal.h

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

prob

When i am trying to $uncompress tress.dmp.Z I am getting tress.dmp.Z permission denied. What action i have to perform to unzip or uncompress It has rw-r--r-- permissions When i am trying to change the permissions chmod 744 it says. chmod: Warning: can't change tress.dmp.Z Just... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep prob

hi, how can i saerch for foll pattern the line contains many entries: xxx xxxx ddd ffff gggg 30% rr eeee eeee rrrr rrrr 100% rr eeee eeee rrrr rrrr 43% how can i display lines having size greater than 40%?what pattern shud i use in grep? thanks! regards vivek.s (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying a Directory Structure to a new structure

Hi all Is it possible to copy a structure of a directory only. e.g. I have a file with the following entries that is a result of a find :- /dir1/dir2/file.dbf /dir1/dir2/dir3/file1.dbf /dir1/file.dbf I want to copy these to a directory and keep the structure however starting at a new dir... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
8 Replies

4. AIX

memory prob

There is problem in my system whenever i run a command lsattr -El mem0 it shows 3gb memory and when i run lscfg -vp | grep Size it shows 8 modules of 512 mb. it means it shows 4 gb how is it possible. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vjm
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

prob with ssh

I am executing this on say host1 export dn=/home/abhi export fn=file\"*\" file_path=$dn/$fn set -A files $(ssh host2 "eval echo $file_path") echo files= ${files} So the purpose is to store in array "files" .. the o/p of cmd executed in host2... this script works fine if the files r... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abzi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting prob

Hi I have a directory having following three set of files as follows: test.20060804 test.20060801 test.20060802 I want to list the latest file which is less than 20060803. in this case, it will be test.20060802. How can i achieve the same? Any pointers to above will be appreciated. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vikas Sood
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MV files from one directory structure(multiple level) to other directory structure

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will move all the files from source directory structure(multiple levels might exist) to destination directory structure. If a sub folder is source doesnot exist in destination then I have to skip and goto next level. I also need to delete the files in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srmadab
4 Replies

8. Programming

Search attributes in one structure using the values from another structure

Hello Groups I am trying to find out ways of comparing a value from a 'c' structure to a value in another 'C' structure. the 'C' structure can be a List or liked list as it contains lot many records. if we loop it in both the structures it is going to consume time. I am looking for a simple... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NFS prob

Hi all, i want mount directory with permission #NFS Server = FreeBSD /etc/export = /data -alldirs -network 192.168.0.0 -mask 255.255.255.0 #NFS Client = Ubuntu 192.168.0.8:/data /dir nfs intr but i m unable to create folder in /dir whts the wrong? Please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagnikam
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 8 prob

Pls tell me how can i recover adeleted user in solaris 8. Please help me I'm a newby thanks aamer (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aamer
4 Replies
sigsetops(3C)															     sigsetops(3C)

NAME
sigemptyset(), sigfillset(), sigaddset(), sigdelset(), sigismember() - initialize, manipulate, and test signal sets SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
initializes the signal set pointed to by set, to exclude all signals supported by HP-UX. initializes the signal set pointed to by set, to include all signals supported by HP-UX. Applications must call either or at least once for each object of type before using that object for anything else, including cases where the object is returned from a function (for example, the oset argument to -- see sigprocmask(2)). adds the signal specified by signo to the signal set pointed to by set. deletes the signal specified by signo from the signal set pointed to by set. tests whether the signal specified by signo is a member of the signal set pointed to by set. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns a value of 1 if the specified signal is a member of the specified set, or a value of 0 if it is not. The other functions return a value of 0 upon successful completion. For all of the above functions, if an error is detected, a value of -1 is returned and is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
and fail if the following is true: [EINVAL] The value of the signo argument is out of range. WARNINGS
The above functions do not detect a bad address passed in for the set argument. A segmentation fault is the most likely result. AUTHOR
and were derived from the SEE ALSO
sigaction(2), sigsuspend(2), sigpending(2), sigprocmask(2), signal(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
sigsetops(3C)