Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming New to C... questions about this code... ADTs... Post 302170089 by fpmurphy on Sunday 24th of February 2008 10:08:39 AM
Old 02-24-2008
Where are you declaring/defining itemType?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C questions

What does "extern" do? ex. extern int x; and another question, what about using static in functions? like: static void foo(), why? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
2 Replies

2. Programming

A few C questions

Hi guys. I'm writing a basic script in C# and there's a few areas where I am stuck, and I was wondering if you may be able to help me? 1) Can you embed an image into the source code so it will show in the windows GUI? 2) Can you change the background of the GUI? 3) How do you add an .ico to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayC89
5 Replies

3. Programming

Host to IP Source Code in C - Questions! Please Help

Hello, First of all, i want to say Hi! Glad to join your forum and be your member. I'm a newbie towards C/C++ especially on network programming. What is the definition of getaddrinfo()? int getaddrinfo(const char *node, const char *service, const struct addrinfo *hints, ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash. convert mpeg adts to normal mp3

I need script to convert many files of the format MPEG ADTS to a normal mp3. (because my net radio can't play ADTS, for example: file plik.mp3 plik.mp3: MPEG ADTS, layer III, v1, 128 kBits, 44.1 kHz, JntStereo not play file beautiful.mp3 beautiful.mp3: Audio file with ID3 version 23.0 tag,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stahoo23
6 Replies

5. Programming

Hi Folks please see the code and respond the questions!

Hi All. I have a package discreibed down. CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY IRISCOS_REFRESH_pkg AS PROCEDURE IRISCOS IS CURSOR cur_pci(c_myear number) IS Select cstc.cid, cstc.elid, p.first_name,p.last_name,p.email_id ,pl.plan_name, ptc.chair_id from person p, person_to_chair ptc,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Haque123
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

More ps questions.

Hey all, Thanks for all the help you have given me. Two more things I am trying to figure out. I need to issue a command..example ps -ef | grep <process> This would return about 10-15 running processes. I need to verify that there are x amount of processes running. What is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
7 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Just had a few questions

1) The lpr and sort utilities accept input either from a file named on the command line or from standard input. a)Name two other utilities that function in a similar manner. b)Name a utility that accepts its input only from standard input. 2) Explain the following error message. What... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: youngyou
10 Replies
lock_init(9r)															     lock_init(9r)

NAME
lock_init - General: Initializes a complex lock SYNOPSIS
#include <kern/lock.h> void lock_init( lock_t lock_structptr, boolean_t can_sleep ); ARGUMENTS
Specifies a pointer to the complex lock structure, lock. The lock structure is an opaque data structure; that is, its associated members are referenced and manipulated by the operating system and not by the user of the complex lock mechanism. Specifies a Boolean value that indicates whether to allow kernel threads to block (sleep) if the complex lock is asserted. You can pass to this argument only the value TRUE (allow kernel threads to block if the lock is asserted). DESCRIPTION
The lock_init routine initializes a complex lock. You identify this lock by declaring a pointer to a complex lock structure and passing it as the first argument. The complex lock structure pointer must be initialized before you can assert read and write operations on the com- plex lock. RETURN VALUES
None FILES
SEE ALSO
Routines: lock_done(9r), lock_read(9r), lock_terminate(9r), lock_try_read(9r), lock_try_write(9r), lock_write(9r) Data Structures: lock(9s) lock_init(9r)