Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Linux Shell Question: how to print the shell script name ? Post 302170074 by zazzybob on Sunday 24th of February 2008 05:40:01 AM
Old 02-24-2008
Code:
#!/bin/bash
echo "$( basename $0 )"

Cheers,
ZB

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to print '*' triangle

plz tell me how to print * triangle like this * ** *** **** ***** (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to print date and no.of records

hi all, i want script to print the output in the following format filename yyyy/mm/dd count where count= no.of records in the file Thanks in advance hemanthsaikumar (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print backslash in shell script using awk?

I found that echo "aaa" | awk '{print ",\\";}' works, and it will give "\". but ddd=`echo "aaa" | awk '{print ",\\";}'`; echo $ddd will not work. Could anyone tell me why? thank you. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wxuyec
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me with shell script command to print

I have a file with similar line like below /u13/orabkup/u13/orabkup/abcd/arc82.123 Now I need to have only u13/orabkup/abcd/arc82.123 rather than /u13/orabkup/u13/orabkup/abcd/arc82.123 Kindly help me to print /u13/orabkup/ only once and the file name abcd/arc82.123.. Thanks & Regards... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anitha11889
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print 1 to 10 with space in shell script

Hi, I want to print 1 to 10 or upto any number sequentially with space in a single line. Like, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...... In shell script only.. Can anyone plz help me. Thanks: (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arup1980
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print statement in shell script

Hi All, when I executed the query in normal unix mode, the output is expected. if I executed the query using shell script, I am not getting the result. not sure whether I need to use dbms_output.put_line or echo. dbms_output.put_line("COUNTRY_CODE"||" "||"SUB_TYPE"||" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun888
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading XML file and print the values in the text file using Linux shell script

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
1 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-adfpqr] [-c command] [file] DESCRIPTION
script makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. Option: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -c command Run the named command instead of the shell. Useful for capturing the output of a program that behaves differently when associated with a tty. -d When playing back a session with the -p flag, don't sleep between records when playing back a timestamped session. -f Flush output after each write. This is useful for watching the script output in real time. -p Play back a session recorded with the -r flag in real time. -q Be quiet, and don't output started and ended lines. -r Record a session with input, output, and timestamping. The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is used by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. BSD
October 17, 2009 BSD