Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting set variable with another variable? c shell Post 302170003 by wxornot on Saturday 23rd of February 2008 02:10:58 PM
Old 02-23-2008
Looks like I was just over thinking the issue. Thanks. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set Path variable in c shell

I set my path environment variable in c shell, using the syntax below setenv PATH "${PATH}:/usr/local:/usr/local/bin" and placed this in $HOME/.login $HOME/.cshrc and /etc/.login /etc/.cshrc but when I issued echo $PATH or set command the output does not reflect changes made to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Export command giving Variable Name vs the Value set for the Variable

I'm having an issue when I export within my program. I'm getting the variable name, not the variable value. I have a configuration file (config.txt) that has the values of the variables set as so: set -a export ARCHIVEPOSourceDir="/interfaces/po/log /interfaces/po/data" export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ParNone
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in getting the path of environment variable set in bashrc in my shell script

hi all i have joined new to the group. i have set an variable in my bashrc file. .bashrc PROGHOME=/home/braf/braf/prog export PROGHOME but while using it in my shell script its path is not taken and i had to explicitly give the export command to set the path. in my script... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: krithika
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make nawk to set a shell variable

Below is the content of the file I am parsing bash-2.03$ cat rakesh cpio: Cannot write "reloc/lib/gcc-lib/i386-pc-solaris2.7/2.95.2/gmon.o", errno 28, No space left on device cpio: Cannot write "reloc/lib/gcc-lib/i386-pc-solaris2.7/2.95.2/include/README", errno 28, No space left on device... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set/Export Env Vars from with Shell Script With Input Variable

I have a shell script I want to run that will set environment variables based on the value of an input variable submitted when the shell script is called. For example: $ mgenv.sh prod This would set environment variables for prod $ mgenv.sh test This would set environment variables... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brtaylor73
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign awk's variable to shell script's variable?

Dear All, we have a command output which looks like : Total 200 queues in 30000 Kbytes and we're going to get "200" and "30000" for further process. currently, i'm using : numA=echo $OUTPUT | awk '{print $2}' numB=echo $OUTPUT | awk '{print $5}' my question is : can I use just one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger2000
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to store command inside a shell variable, and run the variable

Hi, I am trying to do the following thing var='date' $var Above command substitutes date for and in turn runs the date command and i am getting the todays date value. I am trying to do the same thing as following, but facing some problems, unique_host_pro="sed -e ' /#/d'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvinayagam
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to set/get shell env variable in python script

greetings, i have a sh script that calls a python script. the sh script sets an env variable BIN: export BIN=bin64i need to get that BIN variable's value and use it within this python script. anyone know how to do this? thanx in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set shell variable from command

shell script has a command inside back quotes in method update_TABLE I need to store the count of number of Rows updated and store it in shell script variable "num" num = 0; Update_TABLE Update_TABLE() { `echo " set verify off feedback off echo off pagesize 0 head off... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: finder255
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

set variable with square brackets in c shell!

Hi Guys, I want to set a variable which happend to have square brackets in them. I tried multiple ways that is by escaping it with quotes (both single and double ) but it didn't help. All I want is: set x = slicearray.slice\.post My failed attempts were: set x = "slicearray.slice\.post"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dixits
3 Replies
OBEX_TEST(1)							   User commands						      OBEX_TEST(1)

NAME
obex_test - interactive test application for the openobex library SYNOPSIS
obex_test [[-s port] | [-r port] | [-i] | [-b [address] [channel]] | [-u interface]] DESCRIPTION
obex_test is a test application for the openobex library. It uses an interactive mode but the access method is selcted with command line arguments. This program is designed to be an example application for the openobex library. OPTIONS
-s This is the default. It selects cable obex. The port argument is optional (default: /dev/ttyS0) -r Select cable obex for the Ericsson R320 mobile phone. The port argument is optional (default: /dev/ttyS0) -i Select obex over IrDA. -b Select obex over bluetooth. Both, address and channel are actually optional. Default channel is 4, default address is ANY. -u Select usb obex (CDC). If the interface argument is omitted, a list of available interface is written to stdout. INTERACTIVE MODE
: COMMANDS c connect to the remote side (client mode) d disconnect from the remote side g issue a GET request p issue a PUT request q quit the program s go into server mode t change the path on the remote side x issue a PUSH request AUTHOR
Hendrik Sattler <post@hendrik-sattler.de> initial version of manpage openobex 1.4 2008-11-23 OBEX_TEST(1)