Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: authentication of new user
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems authentication of new user Post 302169890 by Perderabo on Friday 22nd of February 2008 08:37:16 PM
Old 02-22-2008
Please don't post your email address. You can resend your confirmation email as many times as you want by clicking on the link that you found. Adjust your spam filter and try again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

User Authentication

Ok i need a little help... I have 20 Solaris 8 machines and I would like to have these machines do user authentication through one machine acting as server instead of having to maintain a user list on every machine. What can I do to achieve this? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meyersp
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP- Non-interactive user authentication

Hi All, sftp -b script.txt <hostname> user-authentication through non-interactive way is desired. But, its failing to do so. Could anyone kindly advise. Thanks for any/all help at the earliest. Regards, Dheeraj. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dheeruchakri
1 Replies

3. Web Development

User authentication for some Perl CGI scripts

Hi, I am trying to create a web interface with Perl CGI with 2 pages. The content of these pages is dependent on the user accessing it. Thus, I need some kind of authentication to identify WHO is logging in but I DO NOT WANT to be restricting the pages to a few. What is the best way to prompt... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Iplanet LDAP User Authentication on Solaris

Dear Friends, I have recently installed iplanet directory server on my Solaris 10 machine.I was able to successfully install and configure ldap on my system.Furthermore, was also able to add user entries to the LDAP database server.But now I am finding it difficult to authenticate LDAP users... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raunaqnilekani
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX: How to check which authentication method we are using for a user?

In /etc/security/user, we can set which authentication method we use for each user. for example: test: admin = false rlogin = false SYSTEM = "NONE" I want to test whether SYSTEM=NONE (without ") is acceptable. How can I verify it? and How can we check which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quanba
1 Replies

6. AIX

LDAP user authentication issue

Hello everyone, hoping you can provide some incite with a little problem I'm having.. I have the LDAP client configured and running on my AIX 5.3 server, which is authenticating against an eDirectory LDAP server. I can login via LDAP no problems on the AIX server with newly created users,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_aix
4 Replies

7. Programming

Questions about user authentication in my application

Hi, all, I am a newbie to linux authentication part. Questions below really puzzle me: How to authenticate users from local storage(passwd shadow) and nis server? (Without PAM) getpwnam_r() will return a '*' in the pw_passwd field of "struct passwd". I can parse /etc/shadow. But how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mythmgn
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl LWP user authentication

Hello all.. i am new to perl scripting.. i wanted to parse a text file, encode the parsed text and attach in url.. please point me to right resources if you know any..This is my major problem. Now i try to get a url running and save it in a text file using LWP module in perl, I used following... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

I want to centralize user authentication

Right now it is just a simple environment consisting of a small number of CentOS boxes, but I would like to set up central user authentication to make things easier, especially as we expand (I've already budgeted to triple our local infrastructure and we will be also expanding geographically to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xdawg
1 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Users Access - AD Authentication - User can't log in?

I have a user who's having troubles logging into one of my servers, that is authenticating with AD. After glancing over /etc/passwd, I found the users account is different than mine and others who aren't having any issues. What's the difference between these two accounts? What's the "1 60 14 60" ?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nvizn
1 Replies
icapnotify(1M)															    icapnotify(1M)

NAME
icapnotify - Test email connectivity to HP for Instant Capacity (iCAP) systems. Request a confirmation response email from HP. Turn config- uration change notification and asset reporting on or off. SYNOPSIS
icapnotify <reply_address> icapnotify -a on|off icapnotify -n on|off Obsolescent: icod_notify <reply_address> icod_notify -a on|off icod_notify -n on|off DESCRIPTION
When a reply_address is specified, sends an asset report via email to HP, root, and the specified email address. Confirmation email is sent from HP to the specified reply email address indicating that HP received the asset report email. Note that asset reporting is optional but can be useful for viewing complexwide asset information at the HP Utility Pricing Solutions por- tal (http://www.hp.com/go/icap/portal). The deprecated command provides identical functionality to the command and is maintained for backward compatibility. For detailed information on email configuration and requirements, see the located at /usr/share/doc/icapUserGuide.pdf. Options The command recognizes these options and arguments: -a on|off Turns email asset reporting on or off. This option is used to specify if the Instant Capacity software should send asset reports to HP via email. The command displays the present setting for this option. -n on|off Turns configuration change notification on or off. If specified on, executing the command results in a configuration change notification email sent to the system contact email address summarizing any configuration change. Configuration change notification email can be turned off by specifying off. Configuration change notifications are not sent if the system contact email address is not set. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables o LANG determines the locale to use for the locale categories when both LC_ALL and the corresponding environment variable (begin- ning with LC_) do not specify a locale. If LANG is not set or is set to the empty string, a default of C is used (see lang(5)). o LC_CTYPE determines the interpretation of single- and multiple-byte characters. o LC_MESSAGES determines the language in which messages are displayed. If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, icapnotify behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to C (see environ(5)). International Code Set Support Single- and multiple-byte character code sets are supported. RETURN VALUE
The command exits with one of these values: 0 Command succeeded. >0 Command failed; error message sent to STDERR. EXAMPLES
Test email connectivity with HP by sending an asset report to HP, root , and super_user@corp.com, and request a confirmation email from HP to be sent to super_user@corp.com: icapnotify super_user@corp.com Turn email asset reporting on: icapnotify -a on Turn email asset reporting off: icapnotify -a off Turn configuration change notification on: icapnotify -n on Turn configuration change notification off: icapnotify -n off AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
icapmodify(1M), icapstatus(1M), icapmanage(1M), icapd(1M), icap(5). icapnotify(1M)