Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Text Manipulation.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Text Manipulation. Post 302169731 by fpmurphy on Friday 22nd of February 2008 08:56:06 AM
Old 02-22-2008
Try the following:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/awk -f

BEGIN {
   msg_id=""
}

{
   if ($1 != msg_id) {
      if (msg_id != "")
          print outstr
      msg_id=$1; stime=$2
      outstr=" "$1" "$2" "$3
   } else
      outstr=outstr" "$2" ("$3-stime"s) "
}

END {
   print outstr
}

which gives the following output from the sample data you supplied
Code:
 1JRkPs-0008m8-Fd 7230901  domain.com (1s)  abc.com (60s)
 1JRkaH-0009E0-VZ 7231546  domain.co.uk (1s)
 1JRl5D-000AMD-22 7229863  123.com (1s)
 1JRl66-000AOR-AZ 7229918  xyz.co.za (1s)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

text manipulation

I am tryin to figure out how to extract interested text from file example.txt blah blah blah a: child1 blah a: child2 blah b: parent1 blah blah blah .... blah a: child21 blah a: child22 blah a: child23 blah b: parent2 this kinda text repeats .. number of children is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkishore
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with text manipulation

Hi there, I have some text files in unix format that processed by a program in windows, and when I open them with less or vi in linux, a warn for opening binary file is prompted, and as shown in vi, between every two characters there was inserted a "^@". How can I fix this. Plus, there are over... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dustinwang2003
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text Manipulation

Greetings. Iīm a biologist and I donīt have mucho knowledge on Unix/Linux, but I need to use Cygwin to change some documents from a GenBank format to a FASTA format. GenBank format goes somthing like this: LOCUS NM_013964 2568 bp mRNA linear PRI 26-APR-2009... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanesa1230
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[HELP] Text manipulation... [HELP]

I need to know how can I remove all word after comma on each line. Like: jjkj,iiuiui,ijlkjkij,ookoo kijljlj,jhhkj,ijijkijkj,oijkijj kjkljlkj,kjkjlkjlkj,opok,okop to jjkj, kijljlj, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: slutb3
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

text manipulation help

Hello again unix.com How can I extract from a large file in format: steve@aol.com steve hawkins Location of this member is bla bla bla sun@hotmail.com Sun Ying This member is using browser bla bla bla to another text in format: steve@aol.com steve hawkins sun@hotmail.com sun ying ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: galford
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text Manipulation Help

Hello Unix.com, I have a text in format: john sara lee How can I make it: john:john john:john1 john:john12 john:john123 sara:sara sara:sara12 sara:sara123 and so on (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text manipulation help

Hello unix.com users, I have a ip file (line-by-line). How can I delete the ips that keep repeating by mark XXX.XXX.XXX.* ... I want to erase only the lines that keep repeating more than 2 times. Example: 1.2.3.1 1.2.3.2 1.2.3.3 I want to erase all ips blocks that are repeating by C... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text manipulation

i want to generate a list line-by-line of normal characters using letters . for example : dnds gnos mgod pets jnfp etc... i want to use all letters with all the posibilities is there a script that can do this ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suppliernr1
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text manipulation help

Hello again, I have a problem manipulating a large text document and there is no way I could edit this document by hand. Format is: Address : XXXX N 37 Ave, Hollywood, FL, 33021 Phone: XXX3190XXX Player: XXXXXX Character: Jaramillo DOB: June-14-1995 ----- Name: Alexandra Ticket... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help text manipulation

Hello Forum , I need a help about text manupulation. I have a text file and I have to manipulate this file. Let's say source.txt source.txt UNB+UNOC:3+O0013000005MAN MN RVS:91+0098006688:92+190304:2313+F004169241' UNH+8146848+DELJIT:D:96A:UN' BGM+307:::JIS_SYNCRO_FIRM+2019030423234101+9'... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cemokam65
8 Replies
catgets(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					       catgets(3C)

NAME
catgets - read a program message SYNOPSIS
#include <nl_types.h> char *catgets(nl_catd catd, int set_num, int msg_num, const char *s); DESCRIPTION
The catgets() function attempts to read message msg_num, in set set_num, from the message catalog identified by catd. The catd argument is a catalog descriptor returned from an earlier call to catopen(). The s argument points to a default message string which will be returned by catgets() if the identified message catalog is not currently available. RETURN VALUES
If the identified message is retrieved successfully, catgets() returns a pointer to an internal buffer area containing the null termi- nated message string. If the call is unsuccessful for any reason, catgets() returns a pointer to s and errno may be set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The catgets() function may fail if: EBADF The catd argument is not a valid message catalogue descriptor open for reading. EBADMSG The number of %n specifiers that appear in the message string specified by s does not match the number of %n specifiers that appear in the message identified by set_id and msg_id in the specified message catalog. EINTR The read operation was terminated due to the receipt of a signal, and no data was transferred. EINVAL The message catalog identified by catd is corrupted. ENOMSG The message identified by set_id and msg_id is not in the message catalog. USAGE
The catgets() function can be used safely in multithreaded applications as long as setlocale(3C) is not being called to change the locale. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gencat(1), catclose(3C), catopen(3C), gettext(3C), setlocale(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) International Language Environments Guide SunOS 5.11 22 Mar 2002 catgets(3C)