Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Writing to a File using pl/sql Post 302169720 by jim mcnamara on Friday 22nd of February 2008 07:45:34 AM
Old 02-22-2008
You need to read the Oracle docset, what you are asking is more than we can do in the forum:
Quote:
1. Learn what %ROWTYPE is for
2. Learn about declaring a cursor
3. declare two ROWTYPE variables, one for each cursor (SELECT statement)
4. Call UTL_FILE to open an output file
5. open a cursor, fetch with a FOR LOOP into the rowtype you created, then format the ouput,
use UTL_FILE to write to the file
6 Repeat for the other cursor
7. UTL_FILE close the open file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

conditional writing of sql code

Hello again... I have a request from another department to list for them all the columns and tables we use in this certain database. I have spooled the oracle stored procedured into 1 file. I need a way to write out parts of that file. The criteria is to to start the block to be written when... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kburrows
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute PL/SQL function from Unix script (.sql file)

Hi guys, I am new on here, I have a function in oracle that returns a specific value: create or replace PACKAGE BODY "CTC_ASDGET_SCHED" AS FUNCTION FN_ASDSCHEDULE_GET RETURN VARCHAR2 AS BEGIN DECLARE ASDSchedule varchar2(6); ASDComplete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reptile
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing the output of SQL into one file

Hi All, Please help me writing the below script. I have two sql queries. 1. Select count(1),Client_id from TABLE_A group by Client_id; 2. Select count(1),Client_id from TABLE_B group by Client_id; I need the output of above two sql queries in a single file. The output 2nd query should be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 46019
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sql data file in unix csv file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi , I used the below script to get the sql data into csv file using unix scripting. I m getting the output into an output file but the output file is not displayed in a separe columns . #!/bin/ksh export FILE_PATH=/maav/home/xyz/abc/ rm $FILE_PATH/sample.csv sqlplus -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing sql results to file using ksh -nevermind

I'm having problems with writing my sql results to a file: sqlplus -S username/password@DB <<!! set echo off set verify off set showmode off set feedback off set timing off set linesize 250 set wrap off set pagesize 0 set newpage none set tab off set trimspool on set colsep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avillanueva
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To create a file writing a SQL into it from another file

Hi, I have a file in which I have database information along with 1 SELECT statement. Only 1 statement would be there. I want to grep this SELECT STATEMENT only and write into a separate file. Input File format: Database_Name:<database> Schema_Name:<schema> Table_Name:<table> Select *... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ustechie
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for Log / Bad file and Reading and writing to a flat file

Need to develop a unix shell script for the below requirement and I need your assistance: 1) search for file.log and file.bad file in a directory and read them 2) pull out "Load_Start_Time", "Data_File_Name", "Error_Type" from log file 4) concatinate each row from bad file as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - writing matching pattern to a new file and deleting it from the current file

Hello , I have comma delimited file with over 20 fileds that i need to do some validations on. I have to check if certain fields are null and then write the line containing the null field into a new file and then delete the line from the current file. Can someone tell me how i could go... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column not allowed, when I am writing sql in UNIX

Please advice to rectify below error #!/bin/ksh X=$(sqlplus -s user/pass << EOSQL set serveroutput on; set heading off feedback off serveroutput on trimout on pagesize 0 INSERT INTO TEST(df) VALUES('a'); COMMIT; EXIT; EOSQL) echo $X echo $? ERROR at line 2: ORA-00984: column not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
1 Replies

10. Programming

Help writing SQL query

Hello All, I hope I'm posting this in the right section. I have zero sql query writing skill, in fact, I've never done it before, but for some reason, a request came across my desk to get information from one of our databases. I have about 200 ticket numbers that have no information attached,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
8 Replies
FBSQL_READ_CLOB(3)							 1							FBSQL_READ_CLOB(3)

fbsql_read_clob - Read a CLOB from the database

SYNOPSIS
string fbsql_read_clob (string $clob_handle, [resource $link_identifier]) DESCRIPTION
Reads CLOB data from the database. If a select statement contains BLOB and/or CLOB columns FrontBase will return the data directly when data is fetched. This default behav- ior can be changed with fbsql_set_lob_mode(3) so the fetch functions will return handles to BLOB and CLOB data. If a handle is fetched a user must call fbsql_read_clob(3) to get the actual CLOB data from the database. PARAMETERS
o $clob_handle - A CLOB handle, returned by fbsql_create_clob(3). o $ link_identifier -A FrontBase link identifier returned by fbsql_connect(3) or fbsql_pconnect(3).If optional and not specified, the function will try to find an open link to the FrontBase server and if no such link is found it will try to create one as if fbsql_connect(3) was called with no arguments. RETURN VALUES
Returns a string containing the specified CLOB data. EXAMPLES
Example #1 fbsql_read_clob(3) example <?php $link = fbsql_pconnect("localhost", "_SYSTEM", "secret") or die("Could not connect"); $sql = "SELECT CLOB_COLUMN FROM CLOB_TABLE;"; $rs = fbsql_query($sql, $link); $row_data = fbsql_fetch_row($rs); // $row_data[0] will now contain the clob data for the first row fbsql_free_result($rs); $rs = fbsql_query($sql, $link); fbsql_set_lob_mode($rs, FBSQL_LOB_HANDLE); $row_data = fbsql_fetch_row($rs); // $row_data[0] will now contain a handle to the CLOB data in the first row $clob_data = fbsql_read_clob($row_data[0]); fbsql_free_result($rs); ?> SEE ALSO
fbsql_create_clob(3), fbsql_read_blob(3), fbsql_set_lob_mode(3). PHP Documentation Group FBSQL_READ_CLOB(3)