Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Umask to ProFTPd
Operating Systems Solaris Umask to ProFTPd Post 302169699 by jess_t03 on Friday 22nd of February 2008 05:43:24 AM
Old 02-22-2008
Ok i'm read man-pages and repeat my task !

I wanna download my file:
-rwxrwxrwx somefile

to FTP server (ProFTPD Version 1.3.1rc2)
and after that, on FTP home directory i see my file with permissons
-rw-rw-r-- somefile

=\

Where is "eXecute" permission ?

I wanna download file with 777 to ftp. And on ftp this file must have 775

-rwxrwxrwx
to
-rwxrwxr-x

Last edited by jess_t03; 02-25-2008 at 01:01 AM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stop/Start proftpd

Hi everyone, I was wondering how to configure ftp access for one user when I found this board. After some searches I found my infos around proftpd (and the great config file proftpd.conf who answered to all my dreams...) but now I only need to stop proftpd and restart it (I guess it is needed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lomic
1 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

what tools can mange proftpd ?

i want to use proftpd to create a ftp server, does anyone have any good web manager tools to mange the ftp site ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yarx
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

proftpd: how to set MaxStoreFileSize to one user ?

hi,all: i set "MaxStoreFileSize 20 Mb" on proftpd.conf, this parameter limit everyone to upload file less than 20M, but i want to permit one user "fred" can upload file size more than 20 Mb, how to set it ? if i set: MaxStoreFileSize 20 Mb MaxStoreFileSize 100 Mb user fred but they... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yarx
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me Install Proftpd

Hi eveyone, Im newb in Unix. I just install solaris 10 on my VM. First program i install is midnight commander and did successful. The way i do is get binary packet from sunfreeware then add and edit the PATH variable. My next program is ProFtpd i did same way :D. Add packets... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
4 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris 10 proftpd with inetd and tcp_wrappers

If I use an old inetd based service that specified /usr/sbin/tcpd for proftpd, do I have to include that when I use inetconv to create the service manifest. For example. I currently use proftpd for ftp with tcp_wrappers. My old inetd line was ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csross
2 Replies

6. AIX

ProftpD on AIX 6.1

I need to install proftpd on AIX 6.1 . I cant compile it from source cod because of lacking gCC compiler.. so is there any AIX proftpd package to install (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwwzviadi
3 Replies

7. AIX

Proftpd and AIX 7

Hi. I want to install proftpd on an AIX 7.1, but the only proftpd-1.2.8-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm is available and it doesn't want on be installed : error: proftpd-1.2.8-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm cannot be installed Any help (other than compilation) ? tks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
0 Replies
PAM_MKHOMEDIR(8)						 Linux-PAM Manual						  PAM_MKHOMEDIR(8)

NAME
pam_mkhomedir - PAM module to create users home directory SYNOPSIS
pam_mkhomedir.so [silent] [umask=mode] [skel=skeldir] DESCRIPTION
The pam_mkhomedir PAM module will create a users home directory if it does not exist when the session begins. This allows users to be present in central database (such as NIS, kerberos or LDAP) without using a distributed file system or pre-creating a large number of directories. The skeleton directory (usually /etc/skel/) is used to copy default files and also sets a umask for the creation. The new users home directory will not be removed after logout of the user. OPTIONS
silent Don't print informative messages. umask=mask The user file-creation mask is set to mask. The default value of mask is 0022. skel=/path/to/skel/directory Indicate an alternative skel directory to override the default /etc/skel. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the session module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_CRED_INSUFFICIENT Insufficient credentials to access authentication data. PAM_PERM_DENIED Not enough permissions to create the new directory or read the skel directory. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User not known to the underlying authentication module. PAM_SUCCESS Environment variables were set. FILES
/etc/skel Default skel directory EXAMPLES
A sample /etc/pam.d/login file: auth requisite pam_securetty.so auth sufficient pam_ldap.so auth required pam_unix.so auth required pam_nologin.so account sufficient pam_ldap.so account required pam_unix.so password required pam_unix.so session required pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel/ umask=0022 session required pam_unix.so session optional pam_lastlog.so session optional pam_mail.so standard SEE ALSO
pam.d(5), pam(7). AUTHOR
pam_mkhomedir was written by Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@debian.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_MKHOMEDIR(8)