Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need assistance ----SH schell script Post 302169696 by shahidbakshi on Friday 22nd of February 2008 05:28:55 AM
Old 02-22-2008
Thanks a lot.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing schell scripts

I am very new to Unix. I need to write a script that will grep some files, etc. When I write the script, do I need to know what shell I am using? If so, how do I do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssmiths001
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating reports using shell schell script

please advise..very urgent. purpose of my script is that it should generate a report by running a sql script which is stored in a directory and pull the information from DB.script shld be in such a way that I just need to pass a parameter and it shld generate the report and store it in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: complicated
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help(sh script)--schell scripting

Hello everybody. Result of my script is coming out to be as mentioned in the below format. Output:: Modified records are as follows = = @abc.core.admin.jonas_user@ = value221 @abccsd.core.admin.pltf_name@ = valuee991 = = ####################################### I need to get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahidbakshi
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script assistance please

When I run this command (showstatus <username> <dbname>) in the prompt, the following will be displayed in the screen: 1. Show processes 2. Start process 3. Stop process 4. Go back to prompt Once i choose/type Option "1" (which is Show processes), it will display the list of processes... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xinoo
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture Schell script error

I work on AIX 5.x. I have a script which does lot of processing & calls multiple child scripts. How do I capture the error of the parent script if it fails? Thanks Sumeet (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Assistance

I am looking for a shell script or command to automate a process of opening many files in a directory and changing a string of text. Example: I have a apache web server that uses virtual hosting. There are approximately 2300 vhost entries or files. So in the directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script assistance with shift J

Hey all, I need some assistance. I'm writing a script to eject tapes from a tape library, but the library is not a queued system and can only eject 15 tapes at a time. I added paste -d : -s so that it goes through full_tapes and puts each media_id on one line separated by the :. Now I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: em23
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a servlet from schell script

Hi All, I have deployed a servlet on my server and the u r l is http:// localhost:9080/ ExampleApp / TestJackServlet This works fine when i launch this URL from the browser I am looking for shell script to hit the servlet or hit the URL without launching the browser session. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack3698
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dummy script assistance

Hi, I am new in ksh scripting and if anyone can help that would be great. I'm writing a script which will SSH to several machines and then would append a certain file from a NAS to the /etc/sudoers file the problem i am having is after the script connects to a certain server the commands are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: galuzan
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need assistance in ksh script

requirement : I need to read a text file and find out which particular line has highest charcters on it using the shell script. I tried & was able to find out only for one line. I could not able to find out for the entire the line. sed -n '10 p' ctstest.sh | wc -w Please guide me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
5 Replies
NDISGEN(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						NDISGEN(8)

NAME
ndisgen -- generate a FreeBSD driver module from a Windows(R) NDIS driver distribution SYNOPSIS
ndisgen [/path/to/INF /path/to/SYS] DESCRIPTION
The ndisgen script uses the ndiscvt(8) utility and other tools to generate a FreeBSD loadable driver module and a static ELF object module from a Windows(R) NDIS driver, for use with the ndis(4) compatibility module. The ndisgen script is interactive and contains its own help section. Unless the paths to both files are supplied on the command line, the script will prompt the user for the .INF and .SYS files needed to generate the FreeBSD driver module. The script will also prompt for any firmware or other external files needed. SEE ALSO
ld(1), objcopy(1), ndis(4), kldload(8), ndiscvt(8) HISTORY
The ndisgen utility first appeared in FreeBSD 6.0. AUTHORS
The ndisgen utility was written by Bill Paul <wpaul@windriver.com>. BSD
April 24, 2005 BSD