Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers full path of .profile in unix Post 302169694 by dba on Friday 22nd of February 2008 05:12:20 AM
Old 02-22-2008
Unix server shutdown after over heat

my unix server shutdown after over heat and refuse to come up.
what will i do

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modifying $PATH variable in /etc/profile

In my /etc/profile, my $PATH variable is set as follows: $PATH =/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/etc Then how do I add an additional directory to it? say /export/home/abd/rose Please advise. Thanks! Deepali (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepali
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Edited Path in Profile File

Definitely a unix dummy. I edited the paths in the /etc/profile file - following the instructions on an install package. Now can't use vi, cat pg ls or any other unix commands. Guess I'm in big trouble. Path reads MANPATH=/opt/hpnp/man PATH=/opt/hpnpl/bin LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/hpnp/lib ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thewetch
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display full unix path as part of the command line

Hi all, Does anyone know how to ammend the .cshrc file in $HOME for your session to display the path as part of the command line? So that I dont need to keep on typing pwd to see where I am? thanks Ocelot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting full path from relative path

given a relative path, how do i convert it into a full one. i.e. if i am in /home/polypus and i am given foo/bar then to get a full path i can just concatinate it with pwd, but what if i am given "../mama" how do i programmatically convert: /home/polypus and ../mama into ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: polypus
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve directory path from full file path through sh

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt which has contents in the form of full path file names i.e. $home> vi abcd.txt /a/b/c/r1.txt /q/w/e/r2.txt /z/x/c/r3.txt Now I want to retrieve only the directory path name for each row i.e /a/b/c/ /q/w/e/ How to get the same through shell script?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract strings from full path when full path is not fixed

/Path/snowbird9/nrfCompMgrRave1230100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird6/nrfCompMgrRave1220100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird14/nrfCompMgrRave920100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

profile PATH include subdirectories

I would like to modify my .profile PATH to include all subdirectories of the directory I specify. For example, right now I have PATH=$HOME/tier1 Tier1 has a tier2 directory in it. Right now I can execute files from tier1, but not tier2. I know I can add another path with $HOME/tier1/tier2,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Smed
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract directory name from the full directory path in UNIX using shell scripting

My input is as below : /splunk/scrubbed/rebate/IFIND.REBTE.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/rebate/IFIND.REBTE.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/loyal/IFIND.HELLO.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/triumph/ifind.triumph.txt From the above input I want to extract the file names only . Basically I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: IshuGupta
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify full path in argument

I have a small script to send copies of files to another computer used for tests but in the same location:pwd=`pwd` for i in "$@" do echo "rcp -p $i comp-2:$pwd/$i" rcp -p $i comp-2:$pwd/$i echo "Finished with $i" doneIs there a way I can check the parameter to see if it is a full... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding to the end of the path in .profile

Hi there, I have the following in my path: export PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/sbin But I want to change it programmatically(for the purpose of JBoss automatic(ansible) installs) to: export PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/jdk/jdk1.8.0_60 and after that I need to insert the JAVA_HOME programmatically,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hvdalsen
7 Replies
EXCHANGE2MBOX(1)					     OpenChange Users' Manual						  EXCHANGE2MBOX(1)

NAME
exchange2mbox - Convert Exchange mailbox to mbox file SYNOPSIS
exchange2mbox [-?|--help] [--usage] [-f|--database PATH] [-p|--profile PROFILE] [-P|--password PASSWORD] [-m|--mbox FILENAME] [-u|--update] [-d|--debuglevel LEVEL] [--dump-data] DESCRIPTION
exchange2mbox provides a way to synchronize an Exchange mailbox with a mbox file. The tool is developed so it only retrieves mails not already stored in the message ID index database and reflects changes back to the Exchange server if the local message copy are deleted. OPTIONS
--database -f Set the path to the profile database to use --profile -p Set the profile to use. If no profile is specified, exchange2mbox try to retrieve the default profile in the database. If no default profile has been set, exchange2mbox returns MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND . --password -P Set the password for the profile to use. This can be omitted if the password is stored in the profile. --mbox -m Set the mbox file full path --update -u Synchronize the local mbox file with the remote Exchange server mailbox. --dump-data Dump the hex data. This is only required for debugging or educational purposes. --debuglevel LEVEL -d Set the debug level. EXAMPLES
Create/Update the mbox file and indexes within the profile database: exchange2mbox Update the Exchange mailbox and indexes according to the changes made to the mbox file. exchange2mbox -u REMARKS
If no mbox file is specified, one will be automatically created in $(HOME)/.openchange/mbox . If you are using the default profile data- base path and have set a default profile (using mapiprofile --profile=profile_name -S ) you do not need to specify these parameters on the command line. AUTHOR
Julien Kerihuel <j.kerihuel at openchange dot org> Brad Hards <bradh at openchange dot org> OpenChange libmapi 0.8 2008-11-14 EXCHANGE2MBOX(1)