Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Script : Split given month into weeks Post 302169689 by rikxik on Friday 22nd of February 2008 04:52:34 AM
Old 02-22-2008
Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh
echo ${1:-`date "+%d/%m/%y"`} | awk -F'/' '{print $2" 20"$3}' | \
        cal | awk '(NR>2)&&/[0-9]/{printf("week %d : %2d and %2d\n",NR-2,$1,$NF)}'

Output:
Code:
$ mth2wk
week 1 :  1 and  2
week 2 :  3 and  9
week 3 : 10 and 16
week 4 : 17 and 23
week 5 : 24 and 29
$
$ mth2wk 01/02/08
week 1 :  1 and  2
week 2 :  3 and  9
week 3 : 10 and 16
week 4 : 17 and 23
week 5 : 24 and 29

HTH

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Isolating the Month in Perl

munt=`date '+%m` will isolate the month in digit form 02 = Feb Trying to get the same out of perl just cant see it $stimx = localtime($^T); print ((split/ /,$stimx)); (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get split output of a file, using perl script

Hi, I have file: data.log.1 ### s1 main.build.3495 main.build.199 main.build.3408 ###s2 main.build.3495 main.build.3408 main.build.199 I want to read this file and store in two arrays in Perl. I have following command, which is working fine on command prompt. perl -n -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashvini
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script error to split huge data one by one.

Below is my perl script: #!/usr/bin/perl open(FILE,"$ARGV") or die "$!"; @DATA = <FILE>; close FILE; $join = join("",@DATA); @array = split( ">",$join); for($i=0;$i<=scalar(@array);$i++){ system ("/home/bin/./program_name_count_length MULTI_sequence_DATA_FILE -d... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to counting a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month etc

Hello All, I am trying to come up with a shell script to count a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month and the month before. I need to produce this report and email it to customer. Any ideas would be appreciated! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnara2
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to split the filename

In PERL script I have few files named theme1.htm,theme2.htm,theme3.htm and so on. now I need to write perl code to split the the filename and store only that particular digit. Example -------------- filename is theme1.htm output should be 1 another example ---------------... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to split the text file after every 4th field

I had a text file(comma seperated values) which contains as below 196237,ram,25-May-06,ram.kiran@xyz.com,204183,Pavan,4-Jun-07,Pavan.Desai@xyz.com,237107,ram Chandra,15-Mar-10,ram.krishna@xyz.com ... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl : searching for month and storing the date and time in an array

I am writing the code in perl. I have an array in perl and each variable in the array contains the data in the below format Now I need to check the below variable w.r.t system month I need to store the date and time(Tue Aug 7 03:54:12 2012) from the below data into file if contains only 'Aug'... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add decimal month to some month in sql, php, perl, bash, sh?

Hello, i`m looking for some way to add to some date an partial number of months, for example to 2015y 02m 27d + 2,54m i need to write this script in php or bash or sh or mysql or perl in normal time o unix time i`m asking or there are any simple way to add partial number of month to some... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: bacarrdy
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

File Size Split up based on Month

Hi, I have a directory in Unix and there are folders available in the directory. Files are created on different month and now i have a requirement to calculate size of the folder on month basis. Is there any Unix command to check this please?? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nivas
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modification of perl script to split a large file into chunks of 5000 chracters

I have a perl script which splits a large file into chunks.The script is given below use strict; use warnings; open (FH, "<monolingual.txt") or die "Could not open source file. $!"; my $i = 0; while (1) { my $chunk; print "process part $i\n"; open(OUT, ">part$i.log") or die "Could... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
4 Replies
ARRAY_UDIFF(3)								 1							    ARRAY_UDIFF(3)

array_udiff - Computes the difference of arrays by using a callback function for data comparison

SYNOPSIS
array array_udiff (array $array1, array $array2, [array $...], callable $value_compare_func) DESCRIPTION
Computes the difference of arrays by using a callback function for data comparison. This is unlike array_diff(3) which uses an internal function for comparing the data. PARAMETERS
o $array1 - The first array. o $array2 - The second array. o $value_compare_func - The callback comparison function. The comparison function must return an integer less than, equal to, or greater than zero if the first argument is considered to be respectively less than, equal to, or greater than the second. int callback (mixed $a, mixed $b) RETURN VALUES
Returns an array containing all the values of $array1 that are not present in any of the other arguments. EXAMPLES
Example #1 array_udiff(3) example using stdClass Objects <?php // Arrays to compare $array1 = array(new stdclass, new stdclass, new stdclass, new stdclass, ); $array2 = array( new stdclass, new stdclass, ); // Set some properties for each object $array1[0]->width = 11; $array1[0]->height = 3; $array1[1]->width = 7; $array1[1]->height = 1; $array1[2]->width = 2; $array1[2]->height = 9; $array1[3]->width = 5; $array1[3]->height = 7; $array2[0]->width = 7; $array2[0]->height = 5; $array2[1]->width = 9; $array2[1]->height = 2; function compare_by_area($a, $b) { $areaA = $a->width * $a->height; $areaB = $b->width * $b->height; if ($areaA < $areaB) { return -1; } elseif ($areaA > $areaB) { return 1; } else { return 0; } } print_r(array_udiff($array1, $array2, 'compare_by_area')); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => stdClass Object ( [width] => 11 [height] => 3 ) [1] => stdClass Object ( [width] => 7 [height] => 1 ) ) Example #2 array_udiff(3) example using DateTime Objects <?php class MyCalendar { public $free = array(); public $booked = array(); public function __construct($week = 'now') { $start = new DateTime($week); $start->modify('Monday this week midnight'); $end = clone $start; $end->modify('Friday this week midnight'); $interval = new DateInterval('P1D'); foreach (new DatePeriod($start, $interval, $end) as $freeTime) { $this->free[] = $freeTime; } } public function bookAppointment(DateTime $date, $note) { $this->booked[] = array('date' => $date->modify('midnight'), 'note' => $note); } public function checkAvailability() { return array_udiff($this->free, $this->booked, array($this, 'customCompare')); } public function customCompare($free, $booked) { if (is_array($free)) $a = $free['date']; else $a = $free; if (is_array($booked)) $b = $booked['date']; else $b = $booked; if ($a == $b) { return 0; } elseif ($a > $b) { return 1; } else { return -1; } } } // Create a calendar for weekly appointments $myCalendar = new MyCalendar; // Book some appointments for this week $myCalendar->bookAppointment(new DateTime('Monday this week'), "Cleaning GoogleGuy's apartment."); $myCalendar->bookAppointment(new DateTime('Wednesday this week'), "Going on a snowboarding trip."); $myCalendar->bookAppointment(new DateTime('Friday this week'), "Fixing buggy code."); // Check availability of days by comparing $booked dates against $free dates echo "I'm available on the following days this week... "; foreach ($myCalendar->checkAvailability() as $free) { echo $free->format('l'), " "; } echo " "; echo "I'm busy on the following days this week... "; foreach ($myCalendar->booked as $booked) { echo $booked['date']->format('l'), ": ", $booked['note'], " "; } ?> The above example will output: I'm available on the following days this week... Tuesday Thursday I'm busy on the following days this week... Monday: Cleaning GoogleGuy's apartment. Wednesday: Going on a snowboarding trip. Friday: Fixing buggy code. NOTES
Note Please note that this function only checks one dimension of a n-dimensional array. Of course you can check deeper dimensions by using array_udiff($array1[0], $array2[0], "data_compare_func");. SEE ALSO
array_diff(3), array_diff_assoc(3), array_diff_uassoc(3), array_udiff_assoc(3), array_udiff_uassoc(3), array_intersect(3), array_inter- sect_assoc(3), array_uintersect(3), array_uintersect_assoc(3), array_uintersect_uassoc(3). PHP Documentation Group ARRAY_UDIFF(3)