Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sys_datacopy in Minix
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users sys_datacopy in Minix Post 302169395 by pedrosacosta on Thursday 21st of February 2008 06:28:58 AM
Old 02-21-2008
I think that this problem is the who variable. I'm passing the MM constant. Maybe I must get the process number of my user program.

Thanks,
Pedro

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Minix Installation

hi, I'm trying to install Minix 2.0.3 on an old gateway2000 4dz2-66 manufactured back in 1995. After I ran 'part' in setup, It make the root/swap/usr subpartitions and then I get this message: installboot: No such File or Directory This was when i had my /usr disk in,here is teh output i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deadrobot
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Help with minix

hey guys i hope there is someone familiar with minix that can help me. Well, the problem i am sitting with is that a ran a program with an infinite loop in it, now i think i ran out of memory in the root because a keep on getting the message " no space on the root device 3/128 ", whenever i try... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: surubi_abada
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Api Posix in Minix

Hi, I'm using minix and I don't know how to use API POSIX (I've read ipc.h :confused:), someone could help me? Thank you :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guccio
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File system in MINIX

Hi I am new in MINIX I want to add data into inode and retrive. where I add these information and how I can retrive? Thanx Rose (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosecomp
2 Replies

5. Programming

Minix help wanted

Hi to all, i am trying to make a kernel call that will display the number of times each kernel call was called. Any idea where to look? I can't find the right files and also how to get all those values. Already made a kernel call that displays how many kernel calls are in the system. I am using... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariscy
6 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Noob minix problem

please help!! The question that has been asked is to use /tmp directory in minix to get to know the root password or get the root privilege . onr thing that I have done is : % cp /bin/sh /tmp % chmod 4777 /tmp/sh now what next must i do to get the root privelege? or maybe some other method ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amanmamgain
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recycle bin on minix 3.2.1?

Hi. I'm started to use minix 3.2.1 recently and I'm trying to create a recycle bin for it. I'm kinda struggling on how to do it. I searched internet and I found scripts created for it but I actually didn't learn how to create scripts in college and I'm not sure if I understand them. I just wanted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ReonarudoB
1 Replies
BRK(2)								System Calls Manual							    BRK(2)

NAME
brk, sbrk - change data segment size SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> char *brk(char *addr) char *sbrk(int incr) DESCRIPTION
Brk sets the system's idea of the lowest data segment location not used by the program (called the break) to addr. Locations greater than addr and below the stack pointer are not in the address space and will thus cause a memory violation if accessed. In the alternate function sbrk, incr more bytes are added to the program's data space and a pointer to the start of the new area is returned. When a program begins execution via execve the break is set at the highest location defined by the program and data storage areas. Ordi- narily, therefore, only programs with growing data areas need to use sbrk. RETURN VALUE
The address of the new break is returned if brk succeeds; -1 if the program requests more memory than the system limit. Sbrk returns -1 if the break could not be set. ERRORS
Sbrk will fail and no additional memory will be allocated if one of the following are true: [ENOMEM] The maximum possible size of a data segment (as set by chmem(1)) was exceeded. [ENOMEM] Insufficient virtual memory space existed to support the expansion. (Minix-vmd) SEE ALSO
chmem(1), execve(2), malloc(3), end(3). NOTES
Minix-vmd rounds a small data segment limit up to 3 megabytes. BUGS
Setting the break may fail due to a temporary lack of virtual memory under Minix-vmd. It is not possible to distinguish this from a fail- ure caused by exceeding the maximum size of the data segment. 4th Berkeley Distribution May 22, 1986 BRK(2)