Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: crontab does not stick
Operating Systems Solaris crontab does not stick Post 302169315 by blowtorch on Thursday 21st of February 2008 12:10:06 AM
Old 02-21-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by manikantants
may be some one fired 'crontab -r' using same user ID ?
Everyday? I doubt that...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stick with Solaris 10 or try something else?

Hello. New to the forum here. I was wondering if I could get some input from those who use Linux/Unix based operating systems exclusively. I use Solaris 10 here at work, while it was confusing at first (terminal commands and such,) I am quickly adapting to it. At home, I use Windows XP... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Filth Pig
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Aix usb stick

I have a P-Series Machine running AIX 5.3, it has a USB Port on the front of the server, can I use a USB Stick on AIX platforms?? if so how..:rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BEVAN
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Mount USB stick...

Dummies questions, perfect for this. I cannot mount my idiotic usb stick on Slackware, I input the following on non-graphic mode as root: Mount -t vfat /dev/sdc1/usbstick usbstick is the folder i created for mounting my USB, the file system is FAT, and everytime I input that I get some kind... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dax01
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Ubuntu on USB stick?

Hey Guys I have an Ubuntu CD and I was thinking of creating like a bootable hard drive with various OS so that I can just boot OSs with t drive and not require the CDs. I was just wondering is there a way I can do this, like have Ubuntu boot from a USB stick? If yes how is that possible(even if I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbansal2
3 Replies

5. Linux

installing CDlinux onto a SD stick?

what program(s) will i need, for either windows 7 or ubuntu (i have both installed on my HDD), to install onto a SD card, and how big should the memory stick be for this? the ISO is about 230mb (rounded up) and the SD card i plan to use is 512mb. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sterist
3 Replies

6. SCO

Mount USB stick

hi Howto mount an USB stick under SCO 5.0.7? BTW ist it possible to mount USB stick in the command line using 'tools' at the Boot: prompt from OpenServer Release 5.0.7 installation CD? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccc
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Installing UBUNTU on USB stick

I'd like to install the OS on my stick. I would like to be able to save my works there and install apps or customize the OS. What can I do Ps. At home I use an iMac, but in the school where I work there are only PC... Ty (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fabio_Puricelli
2 Replies

8. SCO

How to use USB Stick in UNIXware?

I am trying to use a USB (Pen?) drive on Unixware 7.1.4. The USB stick is in the machine and the machine recognises it when I enter usbprobe as follows: Path - Address Description ----------------------------- +++++++ BUS #2 0 - 1 - HUB "UHCI Root Hub" 1 - 2 - HID "Chicony Wireless Device"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BernP
1 Replies
CRON(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   CRON(8)

NAME
cron - clock daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/cron DESCRIPTION
Cron executes commands at specified dates and times according to the instructions in the files /etc/crontab and /etc/crontab.local. None, either one, or both of these files may be present. Since cron never exits, it should only be executed once. This is best done by running cron from the initialization process through the file /etc/rc; see init(8). The crontab files consist of lines of seven fields each. The fields are separated by spaces or tabs. The first five are integer patterns to specify: o minute (0-59) o hour (0-23) o day of the month (1-31) o month of the year (1-12) o day of the week (1-7 with 1 = Monday) Each of these patterns may contain: o a number in the range above o two numbers separated by a minus meaning a range inclusive o a list of numbers separated by commas meaning any of the numbers o an asterisk meaning all legal values The sixth field is a user name: the command will be run with that user's uid and permissions. The seventh field consists of all the text on a line following the sixth field, including spaces and tabs; this text is treated as a command which is executed by the Shell at the specified times. A percent character (``%'') in this field is translated to a new-line character. Both crontab files are checked by cron every minute, on the minute. FILES
/etc/crontab /etc/crontab.local 7th Edition October 23, 1996 CRON(8)