Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to parse through a file and based on condition form another output file Post 302169138 by nj78 on Wednesday 20th of February 2008 11:41:10 AM
Old 02-20-2008
Try this:

sed -e 's/A,X/1/g' -e 's/B,Y/2/g' -e 's/B,Z/3/g' CM.txt

you can put this in a file.sed and run it like so:

sed -f sedfile file

Using sed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file based on condition

Hi Friends, Can any one help with this: I have a huge file with the format as A SAM 4637 B DEPT1 4758 MILAN A SMITH 46585 B DEPT2 5385 HARRYIS B SAMUL 63547 GEORGE B DANIEL 899 BOISE A FRES 736 74638 I have to read this file and write only the records that starts with "B" only ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasetty
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving file to directory based on condition.

Can any one help me to correct following script. I have 2 directories DropZone and ProcessZone. File pattern is *VEHDESCSUM*. Finding the 'no of files' in DropZone directory using ls *VEHDESCSUM* |wc -l If DropZone has more than one file or 0 files then exit 1 If DropZone has one file then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramanagh
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spliting file based on condition

Hi, I have a comma separated file with millions of records in it. I have a requirement to split the file based on the value in a one of the columns. Suppose i have a text file with columns like C1, C2,C3,C4 Column C4 can hold the values either 01 or 02 03 or 04. I nned to extract... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I change file value based on condition

Hi, Gurus, I got a problem to resolve following issue: I have one file file1as following: start_dt=2010-01-01 12:00:02 start_dt=2011-01-01 09:00:02 start_dt=2009-01-01 11:00:02I have another file file2 as following: title1, 2010-01-03 10:00:02 title2, 2011-01-04 11:00:02 title3,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Command parse a file based on string.

AWK Command parse a file based on string. I am trying to write a shell script to parse a file based on a string and move the content of the file to another file. Here is scenario. File content below Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aakishore
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse tab delimited file, check condition and delete row

I am fairly new to programming and trying to resolve this problem. I have the file like this. CHROM POS REF ALT 10_sample.bam 11_sample.bam 12_sample.bam 13_sample.bam 14_sample.bam 15_sample.bam 16_sample.bam tg93 77 T C T T T T T tg93 79 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying log file pattern output in tabular form output

Hi All, I have result log file which looks like this (below): from the content need to consolidate the result and put it in tabular form 1). Intercomponents Checking Passed: All Server are passed. ====================================================================== 2). OS version Checking... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting data from a flat file based on condition

Hi, I have a flaty file from which i am fetching few columns in tablular form as below code. Now i want to fetch the column 6 and 7 in below code only if it either of them is non zero.However below startement awk -F, '$6==0 && $7==0{exit 1}' ${IFILE} is not working..Not sure where is the... (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
36 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding data from a file based on some condition

I collect data in a file in below format(Month Day Year Size) in RedHat Linux. Now i want to calculate the data size date wise. As i code shell script after long time, i forgot the features and syntax. Can anyone help me regard this please. Feb 8 2014 15 Feb 10 2014 32 Feb 10 2014 32 Feb 12... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Manipulate condition to send mail based on output text in file

Hi All, I have a working script as below. echo "Files loaded with $(cat /var/tmp/script.X1.out)" | mail -s "Files loaded with return code" mailid This script takes the output from script.X1.out file and appends the text "Files loaded with return code" and sends the email. Now what I want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: midhun3108
5 Replies
NWBPSET(1)							      nwbpset								NWBPSET(1)

NAME
nwbpset - Create a bindery property or set its value SYNOPSIS
nwbpset [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] DESCRIPTION
nwbpset Reads a property specification from the standard input and creates and sets the corresponding property. The format is determined by the output of 'nwbpvalues -c'. nwbpset will hopefully become an important part of the bindery management suite of ncpfs, together with 'nwbpvalues -c'. See util/nwbpsecurity for an example. As another example, look at the following command line: nwbpvalues -t 1 -o supervisor -p user_defaults -c | sed '2s/.*/ME/'| sed '3s/.*/LOGIN_CONTROL/'| nwbpset With this command, the property user_defaults of the user object 'supervisor' is copied into the property login_control of the user object 'me'. nwbpvalues -t 1 -o me -p login_control -c | sed '9s/.*/ff/'| nwbpset This command disables the user object me. Feel free to contribute other examples! nwbpset looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwbpset prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. AUTHORS
nwbpset was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwbpset 8/7/1996 NWBPSET(1)