Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: script to export variables
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to export variables Post 302169054 by aboxilica on Wednesday 20th of February 2008 05:33:31 AM
Old 02-20-2008
script to export variables

Hi,

I am a newbie to unix as well as scripting. I need to write a script, which on execution sets the necessay oracle variables.

Can someone help me out as to how to proceed? also can u suggest good tutorial for bash/shell scripting?

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

export variables

I have a master shell, which calls another shell to export some env variables. But when I just run the child shell from the command line, and see if the variables are exported by doing, echo $EXPORTED_VAR1 I am not seeing the value. But I am sure, I am using the child shell from a master... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srishan
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

export env variables

hi i want to write a shell script to set environment variables . But i am not been able to set that for the current shell instead i have to spawn a new shell. Is there a way to set the env variable for the current shell using shell script in bash shell ? Thnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun.81
2 Replies

3. Solaris

not able to export the Variables

I am working with Sun Solaris 9 and I want to export the environment variable from my application(xxxx.ksh) but I am not able to see it when I am using SET command I am writing some variables which I have to set COMMON_USER_HOME=${HOME} export COMMON_USER_HOME echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to export ENV variables, which remains set for all the shell

Hi ! How to export ENV variables, which remains set for all the shell Example :- Login :myID Pwd : **** -> Here my ID .profile is executed. Let say I set MYENV variable Kisses% rlogin ABC -l XXXGroupID -> I login into a remote Solaris Server ABC password : **** -> "XXXGroupID's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bash script with export variables

Hi all guys, how you can read in thread title, I'm deploying a bash script in which I have to export some variables inside it. But (I think you know) the export command works only inside the script and so, on exit command, the variables aren't set like I set inside the script. Consequently in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: idro
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Columns Built in awk Variables don't export

I need to export the built in awk variables for columns so that they are available for the rest of the script. This is what I have so far: cat /tmp/test | eval `awk '{print "export NAME="$1; print "export NAME2="$2;}'` echo Host is "$NAME" and Host2 is "$NAME2" When I run bash -x to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read variables from a file and then export it.

Hi I want to read variables from one file and then set it as environment variable; The text file is test.txt which contains SPEED:1000 IP:172.26.126.11 My code is: while read line; do var1=`echo $line | awk 'BEGIN {FS=":"} { print $1 }'` echo $var1 var2=`echo $line | awk 'BEGIN {FS=":"}... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SSM
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script with multiple variables like 25 variables.

Hi All, i have a requirement where i have to run a script with at least 25 arguements and position of arguements can also change. the unapropriate way is like below. can we achieve this in more good and precise way?? #!/bin/ksh ##script is sample.ksh age=$1 gender=$2 class=$3 . . .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export variables to subshells

So i have a script that is like this: #!/bin/sh VARA="elementary 1 elementary 2 nursery A nursery B highschool AZ" echo "${ContentOfADifferentSCRIPT}" | sh i do not have control over the script that is inside the variable "${ContentOfADifferentSCRIPT}". however, i know that the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array - Export/Import in global environment variables.

Hello. During startup /etc/bash.bashrc.local generates some array ..... source /.../.../system_common_general_array_env_var ..... The file system_common_general_array_env_var contains : LEAP_VERSION='42.3' ARRAY_MAIN_REPO_LEAP=('zypper_local' 'openSUSE-Leap-'"$LEAP_VERSION"'-Non-Oss' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
GIT-SH-SETUP(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-SH-SETUP(1)

NAME
git-sh-setup - Common git shell script setup code SYNOPSIS
. "$(git --exec-path)/git-sh-setup" DESCRIPTION
This is not a command the end user would want to run. Ever. This documentation is meant for people who are studying the Porcelain-ish scripts and/or are writing new ones. The git sh-setup scriptlet is designed to be sourced (using .) by other shell scripts to set up some variables pointing at the normal git directories and a few helper shell functions. Before sourcing it, your script should set up a few variables; USAGE (and LONG_USAGE, if any) is used to define message given by usage() shell function. SUBDIRECTORY_OK can be set if the script can run from a subdirectory of the working tree (some commands do not). The scriptlet sets GIT_DIR and GIT_OBJECT_DIRECTORY shell variables, but does not export them to the environment. FUNCTIONS
die exit after emitting the supplied error message to the standard error stream. usage die with the usage message. set_reflog_action set the message that will be recorded to describe the end-user action in the reflog, when the script updates a ref. git_editor runs an editor of user's choice (GIT_EDITOR, core.editor, VISUAL or EDITOR) on a given file, but error out if no editor is specified and the terminal is dumb. is_bare_repository outputs true or false to the standard output stream to indicate if the repository is a bare repository (i.e. without an associated working tree). cd_to_toplevel runs chdir to the toplevel of the working tree. require_work_tree checks if the repository is a bare repository, and dies if so. Used by scripts that require working tree (e.g. checkout). get_author_ident_from_commit outputs code for use with eval to set the GIT_AUTHOR_NAME, GIT_AUTHOR_EMAIL and GIT_AUTHOR_DATE variables for a given commit. AUTHOR
Written by Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org[1]> DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Junio C Hamano and the git-list <git@vger.kernel.org[2]>. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. torvalds@osdl.org mailto:torvalds@osdl.org 2. git@vger.kernel.org mailto:git@vger.kernel.org Git 1.7.1 07/05/2010 GIT-SH-SETUP(1)