Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to invoke a perl script from java program Post 302168977 by manikantants on Wednesday 20th of February 2008 01:19:06 AM
Old 02-20-2008
not comfortable with Java.
There will be some way to call unix commands from Java program like we can use 'system' in C programming. I guess you can use same method to call perl as well.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Invoke java program in different processc d

I have a simple script like this: for file in $dodfiles; do ./rundod $file done $dodfiles is an array of file names selected rundod is a script which invokes a java progrm which process a data file all the processing message logged into a log file in order to extract and analyze the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: liux99
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke java program in script

Hey all, My boss tasked me with the job to write a script which would invoke various java programs, the thing is I don't know much about shell scripting so would you experts help me out? Here is the requirement - 2 applications written in java: App_A and App_B -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke perl program from Ksh

Hi all, Can I invoke a perl script from Ksh script and pass parameters to the perl script. Please do help me.. thanks Maha (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahalakshmi
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute java program from perl

hello all how can i run the java command that can eccept N numbers of args for example : java -cp .;foo.jar myApp 1 "ww" or java -cp .;foo.jar myApp 1 2 3 "ww" or java -cp .;foo.jar myApp "args1" "args2" "args3" Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to invoke Cold Backups

Hello, I am relatively new to Perl and I need help in creating a Perl script to automate a crontab job that starts and shutdowns multiple servers one server at a time. Script is to be run once a week. Below are the steps needed for the job... 1. Start stopping server1 and server2 using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: northern1969
3 Replies

6. Solaris

How to invoke remote java program from ssh

How can i invoke java program from MC1, when I connect remotely to execute can I set classpath etc. ____________ <-------------->____________________ |..................|<-------------->|...............................| |..................|<-------------->|...............................|... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishnu559
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke a bash script with perl

Hi all, I use the perl script to invoke the bash script. and now there is a problem. my bash script lists as follows: and I use perl run this test scripts now the problem is when I run the perl script I find there is nothing recorded in the file /tmp/jdk.txt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Damon_Qu
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Invoke unix script using c program

hi i want to invoke a unix script in a C program and also return some value from the script to the C program to use that value further. Basically i am doing a Lookup operation in this unix script and returning the looked up data from a oracle database table.. please help me invoke as well... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: somi2yoga
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script of invoke an email program

Is it possible that a shell script invokes a windows mailing application like Lotus Notes and creates a mail and sends it ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csrohit
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while Invoke Shell Script function from Java Program

Hi, I have create a Shell Script, with one function. I want to call the script file in Java Program. It working fine. but the problem is the function in the Shell Script is not executed. Please suggest me, Regards, Nanthagopal A (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanthagopal
2 Replies
RHINO-JSC(1)						      General Commands Manual						      RHINO-JSC(1)

NAME
rhino-jsc - invokes the rhino JavaScript compiler SYNOPSIS
rhino-jsc [options] file1.js [file2.js...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the rhino-jsc command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. It is written according to the html documentation. rhino-jsc is a start script for the rhino JavaScript compiler. The JavaScript compiler translates JavaScript source into Java class files. The resulting Java class files can then be loaded and executed at another time, providing a convenient method for transferring JavaScript, and for avoiding translation cost. Note that the top-level functions available to the shell (such as print) are not available to compiled scripts when they are run outside the shell. OPTIONS
-extends java_class_name Specifies that a java class extending the Java class java_class_name should be generated from the incoming JavaScript source file. Each global function in the source file is made a method of the generated class, overriding any methods in the base class by the same name. -implements java_intf_name Specifies that a java class implementing the Java interface java_intf_name should be generated from the incoming JavaScript source file. Each global function in the source file is made a method of the generated class, implementing any methods in the interface by the same name. -debug, -g Specifies that debug information should be generated. May not be combined with optimization at an optLevel greater than zero. -nosource Does not save the source in the class file. Functions and scripts compiled this way cannot be decompiled. This option can be used to avoid distributing source or simply to save space in the resulting class file. -o outputFile Writes the class file to the given file (which should end in .class). The string outputFile must be a writable filename. -opt, -O optLevel Optimizes at level optLevel, which must be an integer between 0 and 9. -package packageName Specifies the package to generate the class into. The string packageName must be composed of valid identifier characters optionally separated by periods. -version versionNumber Specifies the language version to compile with. The string versionNumber must be one of 100, 110, 120, 130, or 140. See JavaScript Language Versions for more information on language versions. EXAMPLE
Example compiling the NervousText.js applet written in JavaScript. The example is provided in the librhino-java-doc package. $ rhino-jsc -extends java.applet.Applet -implements java.lang.Runnable NervousText.js SEE ALSO
The online documentation under http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/jsc.html AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Wolfgang Baer <WBaer@gmx.de>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). February 12, 2005 RHINO-JSC(1)