Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Switch off TCB (Trusted Computing Base) Post 302168934 by dig1tal on Tuesday 19th of February 2008 08:28:29 PM
Old 02-19-2008
that's great, thanks!. i felt like such a rube when i enabled tcb during a test install and couldn't find out how to disable it.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Trusted Computing

About a year ago, a friend of mine who worked on the OReilly Snort book took a propsal he and I had worked on for a book on Trusted Computing. Though the editor thought the content was good and worthwhile, he felt that there wasn't enough of a market to justify printing such a work. How many... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kduffin
0 Replies

2. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Event Cloud Computing - IBM Turning Data Centers Into ?Computing Cloud?

Tim Bass Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:55:07 +0000 *I predict we may experience less*debates*on the use of the term “event cloud”*related to*CEP in the future, now that both IBM and Google* have made announcements about “cloud computing” and “computing cloud”, IBM Turning Data Centers Into ‘Computing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX and TCB

Hi I have a question with regards to AIX 5.3 & TCB. I have a client that is requesting TCB to be installed in AIX. However it seems that the perception of TCB is that it causes major headaches when it comes to configuring the system in real world environments, such as large scale Oracle... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimyo
15 Replies

4. AIX

Implementing a TCB-Environment in AIX

Habe folgende Frage an der ich mich schwer tue, Welche Möglichkeiten bietet IBM's Betriebssystem "AIX" hinsichtlich der Ausbildung einer TCB-Umgebung? vielen Dank (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Invisibleye86
6 Replies

5. Linux

Linux kernel & Trusted Computing

Anyone have a current/cumulative list of all Trusted Computing-based drivers, modules, etc., that have been added to the kernel? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Varsel
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

CentOS 6.1 base install (like FreeBSD base install)?

Hello, What is the simplest way to install CentOS 6.1 with console base-system only using official LiveDVD image on VirtualBox machine? I'd like to get simplest console with network support like FreeBSD base installation. Then, install services which I need. The installer jest extracts the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_develope
2 Replies

7. AIX

Is it must to enable TCB on AIX LPARs ?

Hi, I've verified my AIX 7.1 LPAR , and TCB is disabled by default. #odmget -q attribute=TCB_STATE PdAt PdAt: uniquetype = "" attribute = "TCB_STATE" deflt = "tcb_disabled" values = "" width = "" type = "" generic = "" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Adding an application in trusted computing base

How to add new application/ code into trusted computing base in linux? or How to bind new command for IMA-measurement at boot time in Ubuntu? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iambharatmanral
0 Replies
db_archive(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     db_archive(8)

NAME
db_archive - displays security database log files no longer involved in active transactions (Enhanced Security) SYNOPSIS
/usr/tcb/bin/db_archive [-alsv] [-h home] FLAGS
Write all pathnames as absolute pathnames, instead of relative to the database home directories. Specify a home directory for the data- base. The correct directory for enhanced security is /var/tcb/files. Write out the pathnames of all of the database log files, whether or not they are involved in active transactions. Write the pathnames of all of the database files that need to be archived in order to recover the database from catastrophic failure. If any of the database files have not been accessed during the lifetime of the current log files, db_archive does not include them in this output. It is possible that some of the files referenced in the log have since been deleted from the system. In this case, db_archive ignores them. When db_recover is run, any files referenced in the log that are not present during recovery are assumed to have been deleted and are not be recovered. Run in verbose mode, listing the checkpoints in the log files as they are reviewed. DESCRIPTION
A customized version of the Berkeley Database (Berkeley DB) is embedded in the operating system to provide high-performance database sup- port for critical security files. The DB includes full transactional support and database recovery, using write-ahead logging and check- pointing to record changes. The db_archive utility is provided for maintenance of the log files associated with the security database. It writes the pathnames of log files that are no longer in use (that is, no longer involved in active transactions), to the standard output, one pathname per line. These log files should be written to backup media to provide for recovery in the case of catastrophic failure (which also requires a snapshot of the database files), but they may then be deleted from the system to reclaim disk space. You should perform a db_checkpoint -1 before using db_archive. The secconfig utility can create a cron job that periodically checks the security log files and deletes those no longer in use, as deter- mined by db_archive. Be sure to coordinate this with the site backup schedule. The db_archive utility attaches to one or more of the Berkeley DB shared memory regions. In order to avoid region corruption, it should always be given the chance to detach and exit gracefully. To cause db_archive to clean up after itself and exit, send it an interrupt sig- nal (SIGINT). RETURN VALUES
The db_archive utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
If the -h option is not specified and the environment variable DB_HOME is set, it is used as the path of the database home. The home directory for security is /var/tcb/files. FILES
/var/tcb/files/auth.db /var/tcb/files/dblogs/* RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: db_checkpoint(8), db_dump(8), db_load(8), db_printlog(8), db_recover(8), db_stat(8), secconfig(8) delim off db_archive(8)