Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Database can't start automatically on solaris Post 302168899 by olenkline on Tuesday 19th of February 2008 05:17:42 PM
Old 02-19-2008
Autostart Oracle DB

The Shared memory realm error usually means the database is already mounted and/or open.

File already exists? That is really odd, sounds like you're trying to create a database file or control file on startup.

Please let me see what your startup script looks like. I usually make my own, but know my way around the one oracle ships.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting postfix tyo start automatically

Postfix has an initscript just like sendmail did so while logged in as root, simply type: ntsysv and select postfix. The message above is from the Redhat postifx FAQ. I tried running ntsysv and postfix is not listed as a selection. I can start postfix manually without any problems, but I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmgrady01
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to start Oracle database automatically

How to start Oracle database automatically when after SunSolaris is being re-booted? TIA, Greg (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: greg0320
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I make a program start up automatically after the computer restart/startup?

hi all How can I make a program start up automatically after the computer restart/startup in fedora? something like: ... Establish a shell then run some of command code. Thanks for Help!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: munna_dude
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

How can I automatically start a daemon at boot time.

Hi masters, I am still learning trades in kernel. I am trying to learn the basic of daemon programming. Can any one tell me how can I start a daemon automatically during boot up. I will be greatfull if anyone post some example code to the above task. Also what are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamjayanth
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I Start JBoss automatically when boot my linux machine.

I have created a script file named 'start-jboss' ------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/sh # For starting Jboss JAVA_HOME=/home/argole/jdk/jdk1.6.0_10 export JAVA_HOME cd /home/argole/server/jboss-4.2.0.GA/bin echo "Starting JBOSS server" nohup ./run.sh -c... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: shiraz
25 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

How do I Start postgre SQL automatically when boot my linux machine

Can any body give me the script to start postgre SQL 8.3.1 when boot linux? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shiraz
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

start some services automatically

Hello All i have a question related to some services,i want to start some services with server linux centos. i make "chkconfig httpd on" and "chkconfig asterisk on",but when i verify with chkconfig --list i found httpd 0: off 1: off 2: on 3: on 4: on 5: on 6:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bernard12
6 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Customizing XUbuntu 12.04 Live CD - Start my Exe Automatically

Hi all http://ubuntuforums.org/images/smilies/smiley-faces-80.gif, I am customizing the LIVE CD of Xubuntu 12.04.. I removed the ubiquity package and changed the live username and hostname using uck-gui.. I am almost done with the customization. Now after the splash screen , the text in motd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: selvarajvss
1 Replies

9. Linux

How to start pc automatically when power comes (Server)?

Can anyone tell me how to start pc automatically when power comes, here I just want to start server automatically, on boot, my server starts automatically because I have written some startup commands in rc.local file but if power fails, then how can I boot automatically (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Start a service manager process automatically on startup

Hello, I am in the process of learning Linux OS. How do I run the below lines of code automatically as root on server startup. cd /opt/program_folder/ServiceManager/bin nohup ./servce_manager DEV & Currently, as soon as the server is up and running I log in as root (as this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rparavastu
6 Replies
kdb_init(8krb)															    kdb_init(8krb)

Name
       kdb_init - initialize the Kerberos master database

Syntax
       /var/dss/kerberos/bin/kdb_init [ realm-name ] [ database-name ]

Arguments
       realm-name   The realm of the Kerberos database.

database-name
		    A database specified so that the current and files are not overwritten.

Description
       The  utility  creates  and  initializes	the Kerberos master database.  The utility creates the database files: and It also initializes the
       database by adding three database entries: the master database principal, a Kerberos default principal, the ticket-granting service princi-
       pal ( and the password changing principal,

The master database principal is the entry to the database itself.  You cannot use or modify the database without the master database pass-
       word.  The Kerberos default principal provides a template for service principals.

The ticket-granting service, is used by Kerberos principals to obtain tickets to communicate with other Kerberos principals.  The password-
       changing principal is not used.

If  realm-name  is  omitted  when  you enter the command, prompts for it. The program also prompts for the master database key.	You cannot
       manipulate the database without this key.

By using database-name, you can create another database to prevent the current and files from being overwritten.

After using to set up the master database, you may want to use the utility to hide the  master  database  password  on  the  database  host
       machine.  This  enables	Kerberos  administration programs to access and manipulate the master database, without needing the password to be
       entered manually.

Files
       See Also
	      kdb_util(8krb), kstash(8krb), kdb_edit(8krb), kdb_destroy(8krb)

kdb_init(8krb)