Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Function Problem and CoreDump Post 302168795 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 19th of February 2008 01:15:26 PM
Old 02-19-2008
try:
Code:
function WriteLog {
print "$1"
print "$1" >> FileLog
}

# call it with " around the arguments, example:
WriteLog "$A${B[XX]}"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

rexec() function problem

Hi folks, I'm trying to make a reconnection algorithm using rexec(), but I noticed that when rexec() fails returning -1, it is impossible to make it run successfully again until you restart the program or the thread. Example, I have a endless loop for connection retries, if I supply a wrong... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lcmoreno
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL function problem

I have perl script as follow. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ #! /usr/bin/env perl use strict; sub printLines { print "Inside the function.............\n"; my (@file , $count , $key ) = $_; print $count , $ key ; #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avadhani
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Recursive function

Hi all, I have to move all the files in a tree directory structure to a single directory. Inorder to know which file is from which directory , i'll have to add the name of the directory to the file name. For this i wrote a recursive function which is as follows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malle
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with function script.

Need an extra set of eyes. Can't find function. Can someone help, please. Thanks echo " Is this the correct list of tapes to eject (y/n)?" read option echo $option case $option in y|Y) TAPE_ROUTINE;; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gzs553
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem, with if condition in function

Hi All, I have a function which reads parameter and gets the value from config file. The entry in the file can be either of two Name=value or Name=value so if the variant is not present it should return me the generic value ie Name without variant. I am first searching for variant in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

splice function problem

Hi All, I am using splice function in for loop to delete particular element from array with one condition. my $cnt=0; foreach my $elem (@result) { if (condition){ splice(@result, $cnt, 1);} else{ $cnt++;} } Now when in array, two elements comes sequentially with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gentleDean
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Function Problem

Hi, I had a scripts which calls two function. One function will call another function, script is working fine but the second function is not calling the first function. Below is the script #!/usr/bin/ksh fun1() { echo $DATETIME >> Test1.ksh return 0 } fun2() { typeset DATETIME=`date... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: somu_june
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function problem

hey guys, im trying to learn bourne shell atm and I'm having some issues with functions. so heres my code: #!/bin/bash ##functions memory () { free -m } space () { df -h } ip () { (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hawkfro12
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Coredump when passing file name to ksh function

Hi, I'm playing with ksh. I'm trying to do a simple task: read file name from cli and call a function which calculated number of lines in file. I'm getting coredump every time when I try to read that file. Korn shell version $ print ${.sh.version} Version AJM 93u+ 2012-08-01 Main... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with (Understanding) function

I have this code #!/bin/bash LZ () { RETVAL="\n$(date +%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%S) --- " return RETVAL } echo -e $LZ"Test" sleep 3 echo -e $LZ"Test" which I want to use to make logentrys on my NAS. I expect of this code that there would be output like 2017-03-07_11-00-00 --- Test (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrois
4 Replies
FILELOG(5)							AFS File Reference							FILELOG(5)

NAME
       FileLog - Traces File Server operations

DESCRIPTION
       The FileLog file records a trace of File Server (fileserver process) operations on the local machine and describes any error conditions it
       encounters.

If the FileLog file does not already exist in the /var/log/openafs directory when the File Server starts, the server process creates it and
       writes initial start-up messages to it. If there is an existing file, the File Server renames it to FileLog.old, overwriting the existing
       FileLog.old file if it exists.

The file is in ASCII format. Administrators listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file can use the bos getlog command to display its
       contents. Alternatively, log onto the file server machine and use a text editor or a file display command such as the UNIX cat command. By
       default, the mode bits on the FileLog file grant the required "r" (read) permission to all users.

The File Server records operations only as it completes them, and cannot recover from failures by reviewing the file. The log contents are
       useful for administrative evaluation of process failures and other problems.

SEE ALSO
       UserList(5), bos_getlog(8), fileserver(8)

COPYRIGHT
       IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0.  It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas
       Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.

OpenAFS 							    2012-03-26								FILELOG(5)