Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Programming and Scripting Post 302168697 by clx on Tuesday 19th of February 2008 07:24:37 AM
Old 02-19-2008
do u want ur file in two parts from the middle??

ur req "1-8 character." is not clear...
Pl explain..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to compare some files. say iam having 2 sets of files ,each is having some 10 files. ie, file1 1a.txt 1b.txt 1c.txt ... file2 2a.txt 2b.txt 2c.txt ... i need to read line by line of this files parralley.. ie.. i want to read file1 first line that is 1a.txt and file2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivas
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, Iam having file1 as follows: ERTYUIOU|1234567689089767688 FDHJHKJH|6817738971783893499 JFKDKLLUI|9080986766433498444 FILE2 ERTYUIOU|1234567689089767688 resh@abc_com 767637218328322332 893589893499 asdsddssd ... (21 Replies)
21 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, Iam having the files as follows: file1 aa aa aa aa ab ac ad ae file2 aa aa ab Outputfile: (20 Replies)
20 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

# set date to your spec: this is month/day/yr/hr/min/sec: sysdate=`date '+%m/%d/%Y-%H:%M:%S'` # get the last line before the history file is modified tail -1 /tmp/hosthistory.txt |while read lastdate mydevices do echo $lastdate echo $mydevices done LIST = 'ypcat hosts|| sort... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lemseffert
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi All, How do I code a password with multiple special characters in it. Example: password is P#utar&@ None of the belwo options worked 1. passwd="P#utar&@" 2. passwd='P#utar&@' Any help will be greatly appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: afredri
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell scripting and programming

RCS file: /home/rcap/.APCVS/regs/rc/power/analysis/pow_rtl/renes_setup.g,v Working file: ./power/analysis/pow_rtl/renes_setup.g head: 1.14 branch: locks: strict access list: symbolic names: br_2010_101_200: 1.13.0.12 br_2010_101_100: 1.13.0.10 br_2009_91_200:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harjinder
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell programming and scripting

I was trying out some new series to get it print 1 1 2 1 2 3 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 5 and the seond one is 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 but was unable to get the result. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: harjinder
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell programming and scripting

hi, i am trying this while loop and i only want that it should only read food as pizza....no other entry should be taken here. #!/usr/bin/perl -w $food = " "; while ( $food ne 'pizza' ) { print 'enter what you had last night: '; chomp ($food = <STDIN>); #print $food ; } ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kullu
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies
WebKDC(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       WebKDC(3pm)

NAME
WebKDC - functions to support the WebKDC SYNOPSIS
use WebAuth; use WebKDC; use WebKDC::Exception; use WebKDC::WebRequest; use WebKDC::WebResponse; my ($status, $exception) = WebKDC::make_request_token_request($req, $resp); DESCRIPTION
WebKDC is a set of convenience functions built on top of mod WebAuth to implement the WebKDC. All functions have the potential to throw either a WebKDC::WebKDCException or WebAuth::Exception. EXPORT
None FUNCTIONS
make_request_token_request(req,resp) ($status, $e) = WebKDC::make_request_token_request($req, $resp); Used to handle an incoming request token. It should be used in the following fashion: my $req = new WebKDC::WebRequest; my $resp = new WebKDC::WebResponse; # if the user just submitted their username/password, include them if ($username && $password) { $req->user($username); $req->pass($password); } # pass in any proxy-tokens we have from a cookies # i.e., enumerate through all cookies that start with webauth_wpt # and put them into a hash: # $cookies = { "webauth_wpt_krb5" => $cookie_value } $req->proxy_cookies($cookies); # $req_token_str and $service_token_str would normally get # passed in via query/post parameters $req->request_token($req_token_str); $req->service_token($service_token_str); my ($status, $e) = WebKDC::make_request_token_request($req, $resp); # for all these cases, check if $resp->proxy_cookies() has any # proxy cookies we need to update when sending back a page to # the browser if ($status == WK_SUCCESS) { # ok, request successful } elsif ($status == WK_ERR_USER_AND_PASS_REQUIRED || $status == WK_LOGIN_FORCED) { # prompt for user/pass } elsif ($status == WK_ERR_LOGIN_FAILED) { # supplied user/pass was invalid, try again } else { # use this if/elsif/else to pick the error message if ($status == WK_ERR_UNRECOVERABLE_ERROR) { # something nasty happened. } elsif ($status == WK_ERR_REQUEST_TOKEN_STATLE) { # user took too long to login, original request token is stale } elsif ($status == WK_ERR_WEBAUTH_SERVER_ERROR) { # like WK_ERR_UNRECOVERABLE_ERROR, but indicates the error # most likely is due to the webauth server making the request, } else { # treat like WK_ERROR_UNRECOVERABLE ERROR } # display the error message and don't prompt anymore } AUTHOR
Roland Schemers (schemers@stanford.edu) SEE ALSO
WebKDC::WebKDCException WebKDC::Token WebKDC::WebRequest WebKDC::WebRespsonse WebAuth. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-25 WebKDC(3pm)