Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A question on online mails
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? A question on online mails Post 302168694 by bakunin on Tuesday 19th of February 2008 07:14:09 AM
Old 02-19-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by satimis
If I'm allowed to intall a new browser, I'm allowed to reset the property of the running browser.
Not necessarily: you can install a firefox instance also as user, you just have to specify your users home directory as destination for the binaries as well as the cache directories. Usually the binaries are installed in /usr or /usr/local, now they will have to go to ~/bin/ff or something such. Adjust your $PATH variable so that it finds your local copy before the "official" one:

before:
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/etc:<some other dirs>

after:
PATH=/home/myuser/bin/ff:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/etc:<some other dirs>

I hope this helps.

bakunin

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Not able to send mails

Hi, I am not able to send mails to the recipents. I am using AIX 5.3 Version and using the below command. cat test.log|mail -s "TestMail" user1@mail.com Can you please tell me is there any configurations to be done or is the above command wrong? Thanks & Regards Sheshadri (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsheshadri
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question regarding mails from Solaris server

Hi, I am facing a problem with the mails coming from one of my server. The server hostname is "britten" and one of its aliases is "espmgy" in /etc/hosts. When I am sending any mail from the server its coming from abhi@espmgy.com instead of abhi@britten.com Can anyone tell me from where... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: max29583
0 Replies

3. SuSE

mails not getting sent ...

Guys I have not much idea on suse or any other linux flavour. This is what i have: cat /etc/issue Welcome to SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9 (i586) - Kernel \r (\l). ps -ef |grep postfix |grep -v grep root 18620 1 0 Mar17 ? 00:00:00 /usr/lib/postfix/master postfix ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can not see mails

Hi, on AIX 6.1, I want to verify my night batch then I issued mail and : > mail /tmp: No space left on device What does it mean ? How can I see my mails ? What shoud I do ? Also : df -k /dev/hd3 131072 125676 5% 46 1% /tmp Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
5 Replies
SYSTEMD-NETWORKD-WAIT-ONLINE.SERVICE(8) 		     systemd-networkd.service			   SYSTEMD-NETWORKD-WAIT-ONLINE.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-networkd-wait-online.service, systemd-networkd-wait-online - Wait for network to come online SYNOPSIS
systemd-networkd-wait-online.service /lib/systemd/systemd-networkd-wait-online DESCRIPTION
systemd-networkd-wait-online is a one-shot system service that waits for the network to be configured. By default, it will wait for all links it is aware of and which are managed by systemd-networkd.service(8) to be fully configured or failed, and for at least one link to gain a carrier. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -i, --interface= Network interface to wait for before deciding if the system is online. This is useful when a system has several interfaces which will be configured, but a particular one is necessary to access some network resources. This option may be used more than once to wait for multiple network interfaces. When used, all other interfaces are ignored. --ignore= Network interfaces to be ignored when deciding if the system is online. By default, only the loopback interface is ignored. This option may be used more than once to ignore multiple network interfaces. --timeout= Fail the service if the network is not online by the time the timeout elapses. A timeout of 0 disables the timeout. Defaults to 120 seconds. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-networkd.service(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-NETWORKD-WAIT-ONLINE.SERVICE(8)