Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Serial number
Operating Systems Solaris Serial number Post 302168547 by Smiling Dragon on Monday 18th of February 2008 11:02:20 PM
Old 02-19-2008
The hardware serial number on the back? Not available via software unless you have done one/some of the following:
  • Installed and configured explorer. In this case, look in:
    /etc/opt/SUNWexplo/default/explorer
    for the string "EXP_SERIAL_"
  • Installed and configured sneep, in which case run:
    eeprom | grep ChassisSerialNumber
  • Installed sun's new asset tracking doohick - no clue how it works though :/

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

serial number for E3500

just wanted to know the serial number of my machine E3500 with Solaris 8 installed.Does any one who what's the command that i can use when the OS is running?( not with the Banner Command!) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tape Serial Number

Hello Experts, I've got a shell script that makes the backup of the files that i want. I also have this script showing the amount of files backed up and in witch folders they are. It's only missing one thing. I got all the information beeing stored in a text file and all i've got to do is to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jorge.ferreira
6 Replies

3. AIX

how to find serial number

hi how to find ( server machine )serial number throught the command in AIX thanks for your replay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chomca
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Display Serial Number

Hello, I am running Solaris 9 and I need to display the serial number of my machine. How can I do this? Here is my machine info: SunOS birch 5.9 Generic_118558-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 Thank you, David (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
5 Replies

5. Linux

Device serial number

Hey! I'm trying to figure out a sollution for a problem I have at my company with an Iomega MiniMax 500 GB USB disk. If i run cat /proc/bus/usb/devices I get this information: T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=04 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 5 Spd=480 MxCh= 0 D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Anyone know how to get Serial number with 1 command?

Solaris8 Anyone help? (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
27 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help about bind serial number

Hello folks. Please let me understand the bind serial number. I am confuse. 13011321 ---------- Post updated at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:55 AM ---------- Thanks problem is solved. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learnbash
1 Replies

8. AIX

How can AIX get the disk serial number?

Hi Everyone, lscfg will get the disk information by reading the VPD of that particular hdisk I have few doubts about how Aix works, please help me to get them clear 1) How can Aix gets the disk serial number after disk assign and cfgmgr 2) Newly added disk information was added to CuVPD... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sachin1987
2 Replies
ExtUtils::Installed(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				  ExtUtils::Installed(3pm)

NAME
ExtUtils::Installed - Inventory management of installed modules SYNOPSIS
use ExtUtils::Installed; my ($inst) = ExtUtils::Installed->new(); my (@modules) = $inst->modules(); my (@missing) = $inst->validate("DBI"); my $all_files = $inst->files("DBI"); my $files_below_usr_local = $inst->files("DBI", "all", "/usr/local"); my $all_dirs = $inst->directories("DBI"); my $dirs_below_usr_local = $inst->directory_tree("DBI", "prog"); my $packlist = $inst->packlist("DBI"); DESCRIPTION
ExtUtils::Installed provides a standard way to find out what core and module files have been installed. It uses the information stored in .packlist files created during installation to provide this information. In addition it provides facilities to classify the installed files and to extract directory information from the .packlist files. USAGE
The new() function searches for all the installed .packlists on the system, and stores their contents. The .packlists can be queried with the functions described below. FUNCTIONS
new() This takes no parameters, and searches for all the installed .packlists on the system. The packlists are read using the ExtU- tils::packlist module. modules() This returns a list of the names of all the installed modules. The perl 'core' is given the special name 'Perl'. files() This takes one mandatory parameter, the name of a module. It returns a list of all the filenames from the package. To obtain a list of core perl files, use the module name 'Perl'. Additional parameters are allowed. The first is one of the strings "prog", "doc" or "all", to select either just program files, just manual files or all files. The remaining parameters are a list of directories. The filenames returned will be restricted to those under the specified directories. directories() This takes one mandatory parameter, the name of a module. It returns a list of all the directories from the package. Additional parameters are allowed. The first is one of the strings "prog", "doc" or "all", to select either just program directories, just manual directories or all directories. The remaining parameters are a list of directories. The directories returned will be restricted to those under the specified directories. This method returns only the leaf directories that contain files from the specified module. directory_tree() This is identical in operation to directories(), except that it includes all the intermediate directories back up to the specified directories. validate() This takes one mandatory parameter, the name of a module. It checks that all the files listed in the modules .packlist actually exist, and returns a list of any missing files. If an optional second argument which evaluates to true is given any missing files will be removed from the .packlist packlist() This returns the ExtUtils::Packlist object for the specified module. version() This returns the version number for the specified module. EXAMPLE
See the example in ExtUtils::Packlist. AUTHOR
Alan Burlison <Alan.Burlison@uk.sun.com> perl v5.8.0 2002-06-01 ExtUtils::Installed(3pm)