Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Need information on HP-UX.... Post 302168384 by fpmurphy on Monday 18th of February 2008 07:58:14 AM
Old 02-18-2008
Is HP-UX similar to Linux? The answer is both yes and no. A lot of commands are the same but amy have additional or less options. Filesystem layout is different. And so on ....

All HP-UX documentation is available from docs.hp.com

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

NEED Some Information!!!

Hi guys, do you know where I can find an information or example of creating a remote simulation banking application on UNIX. A client server socket programming using c language to build. using telnet to run. just a simple , add, withdraw, balance function. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: btx
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Information

I'm new to unix and wanted to know if there are UNIX tools/programs on the market that can be loaded onto my laptop or external hard drive that I can use to practice and test what I'm learning. :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xman0ne
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

network information

Hello Guys! I am new from unix and I have a litle knowledge to some of the commands. my query is how can I view the network configuration of the station like the IP address, the NIS name , DNS etc. in windows we can get this info with the command ifconfig /all thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Information. Will Appreciate It

Hi guys i am new to linux, infact i have heared about it for a while now but never got it. I am prepared to give it a try but i need to know the system requirements. i have a 32bit, win xp, amd antlon 1.8ghz . will linux run fine on this system or do i need a new computer.. i have always... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rapzkilla
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get information like substring

I retrieved values from postgresql database return the following line name ------------ myname (1 row) how can I extract "myname" out of the line? thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: uativan
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Some help and information

Well, i am here coz i have this problem: a guy is pinging me so my internet go down when he wants and the same guy is nuking my ventrilo server that i rent in a good website. I want to know how to protect me against this attack and if is possible do the same to him, i know this guy is using a payed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Psike
2 Replies

7. SuSE

fault information

Hi, I want to know where can I find the fault information of the system. I mean the event that the system may be occur, not the event happened on my system. Maybe there are some libraries or other website about logs collections. Thanks a lot. Best Wishes! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhaoyy
0 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Not enough information...

I appreciate the fact that rules are for everyone and I screwed up by not putting a screen printout in code brackets... However, I was a bit dismayed when I received the following and tried to reply to say "Thank you" for sending me the reminder. I could not reply and had no idea what the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RogerBaran
4 Replies
Sys::Filesystem::Darwin(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Sys::Filesystem::Darwin(3pm)

NAME
Sys::Filesystem::Darwin - Return Darwin (Mac OS X) filesystem information to Sys::Filesystem SYNOPSIS
See Sys::Filesystem. DESCRIPTION
The filesystem information is taken from diskutil, the system utility supplied on Mac OS X. INHERITANCE
Sys::Filesystem::Darwin ISA Sys::Filesystem::Unix ISA UNIVERSAL METHODS
version () Return the version of the (sub)module. ATTRIBUTES
The following is a list of filesystem properties which may be queried as methods through the parent Sys::Filesystem object. The property 'label' is also set, but cannot be queried by Sys::Filesystem yet. mount_point The mount point (usually either '/' or '/Volumes/...'). device The mounted device format Describes the type of the filesystem. So far I encountered the following types: hfs The standard Mac OS X HFS(+) filesystem. Disk images (.dmg) and Mac Software DVDs normally also use the HFS(+) format. msdos DOS image files (e.g. floppy disk images) cd9660 CD-ROM image files or real CD-ROMs cddafs Audio CDs udf UDF filesystem (e.g. DVDs) (empty) For mounted FTP servers, disktool returns an empty filesystem type (ie, ''). BUGS
Doesn't take /etc/fstab or /etc/xtab into account right now, since they are normally not used. Contact the author if you need this. SEE ALSO
Sys::Filesystem, diskutil VERSION
$Id: Darwin.pm 128 2010-05-12 13:16:44Z trevor $ AUTHOR
Christian Renz <crenz@web42.com> Jens Rehsack <rehsack@cpan.org> - <http://www.rehsack.de/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004,2005,2006 Nicola Worthington. Copyright 2009,2010 Jens Rehsack. This software is licensed under The Apache Software License, Version 2.0. <http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0> perl v5.10.1 2010-05-18 Sys::Filesystem::Darwin(3pm)