Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Using wget to download a file Post 302168353 by reborg on Monday 18th of February 2008 05:20:35 AM
Old 02-18-2008
Given that the request includes a session id I doubt that you'll get much mileage from trying to use wget.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to download file using wget

Hi I need a Shell script that will download a text file every second from a http server using wget. Can anyone provide me any pointers or sample scripts that will help me go about this task ??? regards techie (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techie82
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

download a particular file using wget

Hi All I want to download srs8.3.0.1.standard.linux24_EM64T.tar.gz file from the following website : http://downloads.biowisdomsrs.com/srs83_dist/ But this website contains lots of zipped files I want to download the above file only discarding other zipped files. When I am trying the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alphasahoo
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

download file using wget

I need to download the following srs8.3.0.1.standard.linux26_32.tar.gz file from the following website: http://downloads.biowisdomsrs.com/srs83_dist There are many gzip files along with the above one in the above site but I want to download the srs8.3.0.1.standard.linux26_32.tar.gz only from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alphasahoo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to download to a file using wget in perl?

Hi, I want to download some online data using wget command and write the contents to a file. For example this is the URL i want to download and store it in a file called "results.txt". #This is the URL. $url="http://www.example.com"; #retrieve data and store in a file results.txt ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget, download file from site's folder.

Ok, this is quite weird. wget -r mysite.com/mylink/ should get all the files recursively from the 'mylink' folder. The problem is that wget saves an index.html file! When I open this index.html with my browser I realize that it shows all the files in the current folder (plus an option to move... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
3 Replies

6. Ubuntu

wget don't download complete file

I am using ubuntu 10.04 LTS I tried to download the file using wget , the file size is 105.00 MB, but wget downloads only around 44K. may be I am using wget in wrong way, any suggestions please? Below is the command I used and the response from system. wget --tries=10 -nd -nH --use=user... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxLearner
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to download file without curl and wget

Hi I need a Shell script that will download a zip file every second from a http server but i can't use neither curl nor wget. Can anyone will help me go about this task ??? Thanks!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rubber08
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Wget command to download file

Hi I am trying to download the file using wget command. But The password was created as pwd$$ for the user xyz. When i give the command as below it is not downloading the file. Will the password has $$ causing this issue. wget... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksmbabu
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget download file ( do not overwrite )

Hello all, I want to write auto update script for my embedded device, which can check and download newer version of my program and extract the files on the device. The download center is hosted on remote web server . Script checks the hosted file on web site and if the new version is there... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: stefki
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget download file content in unicode

Hi All, I am trying to download a XML from a URL through wget and successful in that but the problem is that I have to check for some special characters inside that XML. But when I download through wget it transfers the content of the XML in plain text and I'm not able to search for those... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
2 Replies
UPDATE-SMART-DRIVEDB(8)                                       SMART Monitoring Tools                                       UPDATE-SMART-DRIVEDB(8)

NAME
update-smart-drivedb - update smartmontools drive database SYNOPSIS
update-smart-drivedb [OPTIONS] [DESTFILE] DESCRIPTION
[This man page is generated for the Linux version of smartmontools. It does not contain info specific to other platforms.] update-smart-drivedb updates /var/lib/smartmontools/drivedb/drivedb.h or DESTFILE from smartmontools SVN repository. It tries to download first from the current branch and then from trunk. The tools used for downloading are either curl(1), wget(1), lynx(1), or svn(1). The old file is kept if the downloaded file is identical (ignoring the differences in Id string) otherwise it is moved to drivedb.h.old. OPTIONS
-s SMARTCTL Use the smartctl(8) executable at path SMARTCTL for drive database syntax check. The form '-s -' disables the syntax check. The default is /usr/sbin/smartctl. -t TOOL Use TOOL for download. TOOL is one of: curl wget lynx svn. The default is the first one found in PATH. -u LOCATION Use URL of LOCATION for download. LOCATION is one of: sf (Sourceforge code browser via HTTPS), svn (SVN repository via HTTPS), svni (SVN repository via HTTP), trac (Trac code browser via HTTPS). The default is svn. --cacert FILE Use CA certificates from FILE to verify the peer. --capath DIR Use CA certificate files from DIR to verify the peer. --insecure Don't abort download if certificate verification fails. This option is also required if a HTTP URL is selected with '-u' option. --dryrun Print download commands only. -v Verbose output. EXAMPLES
# update-smart-drivedb /var/lib/smartmontools/drivedb/drivedb.h updated from branches/RELEASE_6_6_DRIVEDB EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 if the database has been successfully updated. If an error occurs the exit status is 1. FILES
/usr/sbin/update-smart-drivedb full path of this script. /usr/sbin/smartctl used to check syntax of new drive database. /var/lib/smartmontools/drivedb/drivedb.h current drive database. /var/lib/smartmontools/drivedb/drivedb.h.old previous drive database. /var/lib/smartmontools/drivedb/drivedb.h.error new drive database if rejected due to syntax errors. /var/lib/smartmontools/drivedb/drivedb.h.lastcheck empty file created if downloaded file was identical. AUTHORS
Christian Franke. This manual page was originally written by Hannes von Haugwitz <hannes@vonhaugwitz.com>. REPORTING BUGS
To submit a bug report, create a ticket in smartmontools wiki: <http://www.smartmontools.org/>. Alternatively send the info to the smartmontools support mailing list: <https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/smartmontools-support>. SEE ALSO
smartctl(8), smartd(8). PACKAGE VERSION
smartmontools-6.6 2016-05-31 r4324 $Id: update-smart-drivedb.8.in 4223 2016-02-26 20:18:40Z chrfranke $ smartmontools-6.6 2016-05-31 UPDATE-SMART-DRIVEDB(8)