Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Changing IP & hostname
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Changing IP & hostname Post 302168261 by frankoko on Sunday 17th of February 2008 10:37:19 PM
Old 02-17-2008
What about

# sys-unconfig

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what happen when changing Hostname?

I 'm using RH 7.2 Genome in the Network Configuration I change therer are two places one for static hostname for my machine and in DNS hostname I don't know what happen when restarting my PC when connecting using dialer I can't browse the Internet also I can't use sendmail .......Server timeout... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

changing owner & grp of a file

Hi, I have a file in my system as below My user and grp id is sns / sns -rwxrwxrwx 1 sns sns 6012357 Sep 27 06:01 sample Is there a way to change the owner and grp of this file to app / app ... ie. as given below -rwxrwxrwx 1 app app 6012357 Sep 27 06:01 sample I guessed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hostname lost when changing user

Hello to all, Does anyone have a clue for the following problem? When I enter into a terminal console window logged as axadmin user, what I find in the prompt is: “axadmin@sunhost$”. But, when I switch to root user, with the command “su -“ and enter the correct password, user root is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_BR
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to stop DHCP from changing hostname

Hi, greetings. I have installed OS 10 on sunfire 240. FOr now let dhcp to give IP address but it keeps chaning hostname. How do I stop this? thanks Jaya (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr76413
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris - unknown hostname - how can I change hostname?

Hello, I am new to Solaris. I am using stand alone Solaris 10.0 for test/study purpose and connecting to internet via an ADSL modem which has DHCP server. My Solaris is working on VMWare within winXP. My WinXP and Solaris connects to internet by the same ADSL modem via its DHCP at the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XNOR
1 Replies

6. Solaris

changing ip and hostname on solaris

dears does any one know in steps how can i change ip and hostname on solaris (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
10 Replies

7. Solaris

changing hostname on Solaris 8 ?

hi, does anyone had experience changing hostname on Solaris 8 ? any idea how is it done ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exposure
4 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

HP UX - ILO Console hostname different than Machine Hostname...

Hi All, So we added a new HP-UX 11.31 machine. Copied OS via Ignite-UX (DVD)over from this machine called machine_a. It was supposed to be named machine_c. And it is when you log in...however when I'm in the ILO console before logging in, it says: It should say: What gives? And how do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
4 Replies

9. Solaris

SVM - Metadevices are offline after changing hostname solaris x86

Hi , We are facing an issue on one of our solaris x86 server, After changing the hostname and a orderly reboot , all metadevices shows offline. please let us know the steps to restore back all metadevices to working state with this new hostname (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthick.sh
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Alias ip & hostname

Hello Forum members, I am new to the Linux administration and i have a question on the below requirement , requirement is as below Create a new alias-IP & alias-Host name to the existing virtual machine ( RHEL 6.6) I have created alias-IP and here is the below eth3 Link... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raokl
0 Replies
IPSEC_SAMEADDR(3)					     Library Functions Manual						 IPSEC_SAMEADDR(3)

NAME
ipsec_sameaddr, ipsec_addrcmp, ipsec_samesubnet, ipsec_addrinsubnet, ipsec_subnetinsubnet, ipsec_subnetishost, ipsec_samesaid, ipsec_sameaddrtype, ipsec_samesubnettype - do comparisons for addresses, subnets, SA IDs and address families SYNOPSIS
#include <freeswan.h> int sameaddr(const ip_address *a, const ip_address *b); int addrcmp(const ip_address *a, const ip_address *b); int samesubnet(const ip_subnet *a, const ip_subnet *b); int addrinsubnet(const ip_address *a, const ip_subnet *s); int subnetinsubnet(const ip_subnet *a, const ip_subnet *b); int subnetishost(const ip_subnet *s); int samesaid(const ip_said *a, const ip_said *b); int sameaddrtype(const ip_address *a, const ip_address *b); int samesubnettype(const ip_subnet *a, const ip_subnet *b); DESCRIPTION
These functions do various comparisons and tests on the ip_address type and ip_subnet types. Sameaddr returns non-zero if addresses a and b are identical, and 0 otherwise. Addresses of different families are never identical. Addrcmp returns -1, 0, or 1 respectively if address a is less than, equal to, or greater than b. If they are not of the same address fam- ily, they are never equal; the ordering reported in this case is arbitrary (and probably not useful) but consistent. Samesubnet returns non-zero if subnets a and b are identical, and 0 otherwise. Subnets of different address families are never identical. Addrinsubnet returns non-zero if address a is within subnet s and 0 otherwise. An address is never within a subnet of a different address family. Subnetinsubnet returns non-zero if subnet a is a subset of subnet b and 0 otherwise. A subnet is deemed to be a subset of itself. A sub- net is never a subset of another subnet if their address families differ. Subnetishost returns non-zero if subnet s is in fact only a single host, and 0 otherwise. Samesaid returns non-zero if SA IDs a and b are identical, and 0 otherwise. Sameaddrtype returns non-zero if addresses a and b are of the same address family, and 0 otherwise. Samesubnettype returns non-zero if subnets a and b are of the same address family, and 0 otherwise. SEE ALSO
inet(3), ipsec_initaddr(3) HISTORY
Written for the FreeS/WAN project by Henry Spencer. 28 Nov 2000 IPSEC_SAMEADDR(3)