Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting rsh to change multiple ip in multiple servers? Post 302168249 by kenshinhimura on Sunday 17th of February 2008 08:23:41 PM
Old 02-17-2008
rsh to change multiple ip in multiple servers?

good day. i jsut wanted to know what is the best script or the best way changing a lot of Ip's in all servers. Do you have any idea? im using awk to change IP,what if, you have lots of servers. You need to change it one by one? It will take time to change it manually.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp to multiple servers

Hi folks. I am writing a ksh ftp script. The problem is, I need to transfer the files to several different servers. Is there a way to close a connection and move on to the next in one script or do I need to write a separate script for each one? Thanks, kristy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple rsh in a script not working

Hi, From one of the unix servers i want execute an rsh command to 5 different servers. i want to go to these servers execute a command and come back. i have a main program which calls a function, where in i use the rsh command. The server name is passed as a parameter to teh function. it is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praphul
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need a Script to rsh multiple hp boxes and shutdown

Hello I'm serving on a ship that has frequent power issues. Currently if we loose power we need to rush around to multiple UNIX machines and login to Sysadmin and power down each machine before we loose our ups. If sysadmin is asleep or not in the space we have some real problems. I would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackfam972
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

running multiple rsh command in a script

hi scripting experts, juz wondering if it's possible to have multiple rsh command in a single script? :confused: ie: rsh -l <username> "<command>" rsh -l <username> "<command>" thanks. regards, wee :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to change passwords for the same user on multiple servers

I am trying to write a script to change passwords for the same user on multiple servers. My environment runs purely ssh / scp not rsh / rcp and therefore coping using rcp is not an option. I have been playing with expect to perform tasks but think there must be a better way. Has anyone got... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stolz
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help Me - How to grep in multiple servers

Hi All, I need help , Regarding the keyword search in multiple servers at a time . we are desiging a search website . we have a multiple servers and each of the server have 3 instances having Unix compressed files.Our requirement was we need to search the particular key word for eg. we need to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasad00124
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with dial-up to multiple ppp servers

Hello all, I am trying to establish two ppp connections using chap authentication over dial-up. I am using the generic connect scripts and can connect to the first server but when I try to connect the second while the first one is connected there is a chat timeout that occurs. Any... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAVco
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to change the password on multiple servers in linux

Can any one please let me know the shell script to change the password for a particular user on multiple linux servers. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_madras
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

ssh multiple servers

Hi folks. I'm pretty new to unix, while I'm learning a lot I'm finding bash scripting quite confusing. Im sure it's not really, my head just hasn't clicked with it. Anyway, I need a script to loop the ip addresses stored in a file and run a "pgrep <process>" and return the pid or some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuntyScrunt
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to apply the update statement in multiple servers on multiple dbs at a time .?

Hi , Can any please help the below requirement on all multiple servers and multiple dbs. update configuration set value='yes' ;1) the above statement apply on 31 Databases at a time on different Ip address eg : 10.104.1.12 (unix ip address ) the above ip box contains 4 db's eg : db... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
2 Replies
bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)					      General Commands Manual					       bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)

NAME
bssh/bvnc/bshell - Browse for SSH/VNC servers on the local network SYNOPSIS
bssh bvnc bshell DESCRIPTION
bssh/bvnc/bshell browses for SSH/VNC servers on the local network, shows them in a GUI for the user to select one and finally calls ssh/vncviewer after a selection was made. If the binary is called as bssh only ssh servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bvnc only VNC servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bshell both VNC and SSH servers are shown. OPTIONS
-s | --ssh Browse for SSH servers (and only SSH servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -v | --vnc Browse for VNC servers (and only VNC servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -S | --shell Browse for both VNC and SSH servers regardless under which name the binary is called. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Browse in the specified domain. If omitted bssh/bvnc/bshell will browse in the default browsing domain (usually .local) -h | --help Show help. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-browse(1), ssh(1), vncviewer(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)