Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO SCO 5.0.5 how do I copy HD.?? Post 302168155 by jgt on Sunday 17th of February 2008 10:20:01 AM
Old 02-17-2008
Liangxy,
I have nver tried your solution, so...
When using dd, does the target drive have to be identical to source drive?
Do you have to specify /dev/hd0a and /dev/hd1a in order to copy the boot sector?

Thanks,
Jack

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remote file copy across 2 systems (AIX and SCO)

Hello, Pls i need to copy some data from AIX Unix 4.3 to a SCO Openserve 5.0.5 using rcp command. But i keep on having permission error. WHAT IS THE SOLTION OR WHAT COMMAND CAN I USE AGAIN (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aji
4 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

download copy of UNIX, SOLARIS, SCO, anything?

Hi All, I'm a UNIX Newbie, yes, I hate to say it. I'm decent enough though on LINUX box. But of course, it's not the same! Does anyone know where I can download a copy of the UNIX network operating system, that I can install on one of my boxes? I'd very much appreciate all suggestions. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JaredsNew
2 Replies

3. SCO

Copy files to a USB stick SCO 5.07?

SCO 5.07: How do I copy files to a USB memory stick? The stick is formatted as a hd and has an active Unix partition using the hole stick for Unix. How do I get acces to the stick? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pschnell
1 Replies

4. SCO

Problem with sco unix 5.0.5 and copy disk

Hi, i'm from Argetina and my english is very poor. I'm trying to copy disk with sco unix 5.0.5 -60Gb IDE Disk- (7476, 255, 63) to other disk -IDE 80Gb- and g4u v2.3. After the copy, i'm trying the 80Gb disk and the roblem is the partition /u/disco is empty. Note: /u/disco is the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sebpes
0 Replies

5. SCO

Sco unix 5.0 copy file to pen drive

I have a server unix Sco 5.0 and copy some backup files to flopy drive using command "Tar", but i like copy this files to pen drive, is possible ? my know about Sco is less. Tks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger2112
1 Replies
REPARTITION(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    REPARTITION(8)

NAME
repartition - load a partition table SYNOPSIS
repartition device [partition-file] DESCRIPTION
Repartition uploads a new partition table for the partitions of device. The table is obtained from the first sector of partition-file if given, device otherwise. Device may refer to the whole drive or a primary partition, depending on whether you want to upload a partition or a subpartition table. The partitions will be truncated to fit within the enclosing device like the disk driver does, unless the numbers are coming from partition-file. EXAMPLES
repartition /dev/hd0 repartition /dev/hd4 /etc/hd4.table Reload the partition table of drive 0 setting /dev/hd[1-4], and the subpartition table of /dev/hd4 setting /dev/hd4[a-d] using a file. The latter may be useful if you need more than the 4 subpartitions a single Minix partition gives you. DIAGNOSTICS
The new table is printed on standard output. FILES
/dev/hd[0-9] SEE ALSO
hd(4), part(8). BUGS
The disk must be in use for the changes to stick. The partition table of an idle disk will be reloaded on the first open. AUTHOR
Kees J. Bot (kjb@cs.vu.nl) REPARTITION(8)