Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AWK Challenge
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK Challenge Post 302168057 by ghostdog74 on Saturday 16th of February 2008 09:14:19 PM
Old 02-16-2008
if you are sure there are always some sql-2005-userdb patterns near the bottom of the file
Code:
start=1000
while true
do
    result=`tail -$start file | awk '/sql-2005-userdb/{l=$0}END{if(l) print l}'`
    if [ -z "$result" ];then
        start=`echo $start + 1000|bc`    
    else
        echo $result && exit
    fi
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A find and sort challenge...

Hi, I need to generate a listing of files that have been changed since x day. the listing is to be sorted by date. I managed to get the 1st requirement using the find command : find . -mtime -100 -type f -ls but I don't know how to sort the ls listing by date. :( The challenge comes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppohz
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loaded question - anyone up to the challenge?

Hello everyone. I am new to these forums and also new to Unix. And by saying "new to Unix" I mean I have never used it and 10 minutes ago was asked to start learning. So here I am. I was wondering if anyone could help me find out how long it would take to write code in Unix that will do the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: idesaj
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

safeword challenge

Hi, there are some servers here at work which issue a Safeword challenge after I login. Can anyone tell me exactly how the challenge/response system works? In particular, how are the valid keys decided? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A challenge for you sed/awk wizards...

Here's a challenge for you wizards... I have a file formatted as follows; $ What I need to output is; 87654321 Bobby One 12345678 Bobby One 09876543 Bobby One 1107338 Bobby! Two Any Ideas how I can do this? I've tried sed but I'm not sure if perl might be a better way to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: th3g0bl1n
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

regex challenge

Here's a regex substitution operation that has stumped me with sed: How do you convert lines like this: first.key ?{x.y.z} second.key ?{xa.ys.zz.s} third.key ?{xa.k} to: first.key ?{x_y_z} second.key ?{xa_ys_zz_s} third.key ?{xa_k} So i'm basically converting all the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: neked
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Geo Weather Challenge

Hi everybody, I'm new to these forums and this is my first post. A couple days ago I was trying to find a simple script that would return an individual's local weather conditions using I.P. based geolocation. After many failed search attempts, I began my quest to create this for myself. I have to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: o0110o
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

PS1 challenge

Ok then i Have a challenge for you : Give me PS1 so that it always display the least 2 levels of directory (except if i am above of course) I want it this way : so if i go to / /home/ /home/user /home/user/whatever /home/user/whatever1/whatever2 my PS1 should respectively... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctsgnb
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Touch Challenge

I've been given a directory full of subdirectories full of logfiles of the same name: /logfiles/day1/file1/blockednodes.csv day1-14 file1-48 The above is the actual directory structure for 14 days worth of a logfile that is generated every 30 minutes. It's been done this way to preserve the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cludgie
15 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interesting awk/Perl/sed parsing challenge

I have a log with entries like: out/target/product/imx53_smd/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libwebcore_intermediates/Source/WebCore/bindings/V8HTMLVideoElement.cpp : target thumb C++: libwebcore <=... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Anyone like a challenge?

I have searched through google, and this forum to try and find the answer, but alas, nothing quite hits the whole answer. I am trying to read the last line (or lines) of some log files. I do this often. The files are named sequentially, using the date as part of the file name, and appending... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: BatterBits
18 Replies
SQLSRV_GET_FIELD(3)													       SQLSRV_GET_FIELD(3)

sqlsrv_get_field - Gets field data from the currently selected row

SYNOPSIS
mixed sqlsrv_get_field (resource $stmt, int $fieldIndex, [int $getAsType]) DESCRIPTION
Gets field data from the currently selected row. Fields must be accessed in order. Field indices start at 0. PARAMETERS
o $stmt - A statement resource returned by sqlsrv_query(3) or sqlsrv_execute(3). o $fieldIndex - The index of the field to be retrieved. Field indices start at 0. Fields must be accessed in order. i.e. If you access field index 1, then field index 0 will not be available. o $getAsType - The PHP data type for the returned field data. If this parameter is not set, the field data will be returned as its default PHP data type. For information about default PHP data types, see Default PHP Data Types in the Microsoft SQLSRV documentation. RETURN VALUES
Returns data from the specified field on success. Returns FALSE otherwise. EXAMPLES
Example #1 sqlsrv_get_field(3) example The following example demonstrates how to retrieve a row with sqlsrv_fetch(3) and get the row fields with sqlsrv_get_field(3). <?php $serverName = "serverNamesqlexpress"; $connectionInfo = array( "Database"=>"dbName", "UID"=>"username", "PWD"=>"password"); $conn = sqlsrv_connect( $serverName, $connectionInfo); if( $conn === false ) { die( print_r( sqlsrv_errors(), true)); } $sql = "SELECT Name, Comment FROM Table_1 WHERE ReviewID=1"; $stmt = sqlsrv_query( $conn, $sql); if( $stmt === false ) { die( print_r( sqlsrv_errors(), true)); } // Make the first (and in this case, only) row of the result set available for reading. if( sqlsrv_fetch( $stmt ) === false) { die( print_r( sqlsrv_errors(), true)); } // Get the row fields. Field indeces start at 0 and must be retrieved in order. // Retrieving row fields by name is not supported by sqlsrv_get_field. $name = sqlsrv_get_field( $stmt, 0); echo "$name: "; $comment = sqlsrv_get_field( $stmt, 1); echo $comment; ?> SEE ALSO
sqlsrv_fetch(3), sqlsrv_fetch_array(3), sqlsrv_fetch_object(3). PHP Documentation Group SQLSRV_GET_FIELD(3)