Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting What's wrong here? (Beginner's script) Post 302168028 by pallak7 on Saturday 16th of February 2008 01:45:01 PM
Old 02-16-2008
I knew it had to be something stupid like that. Thanks, matrixmadhan. My Java background definitely came into play there.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner trying to write a shell script!

Dear All, I'm trying to write a shell script that continously checks a certain folder. When a file is placed in the directory securely copies the file to another server. I've got the secure copying working, but I don't know how to contiously check a directory for a new file and then use that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: duncan_glover
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Beginner

I have a folder with lots of file. e.g. a.txt, b.txt, c.txt.... I want to put these files from the source directory and place them in a destination directory in a specific order, such as /destination/a/a.txt, /destination/b/b.txt, /destination/c/c.txt, ...... Please help. Thx :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron_fong
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner needs help with script

I would like to get a sample script (ksh or bash, or both so I could see the differences) What I want to do with the script is send an daily email to myself that contains the following: The number of files in a directory The total size of the files in that directory The contents of a file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: martyb555
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with (beginner?) script

I am in an intro to unix/linux course, and need some help with a project. We are tasked with creating a basic script to automate a task that an Admin might need to do. We submitted ideas and mine was to have the system keep a record of log in and log out times for users. I thought this was going... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DethbyNo
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner shell script help

. ./testFile.sh url=http://ichart.finance.yahoo.com/table.csv?s= suf=&d=5&e=9&f=2009&g=d&a=1&b=4&c=1999&ignore=.csv wget $url$s1$suf; sleep 10; cat header.txt > $s1.txt; chmod 777 $s1.txt; sed '1d' table.csv?s\=$s1 >> $s1.txt; rm -Rf table* Very new at shell scripting as you can see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harte
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Debugging a beginner shell script...

I have been following a tutorial on bash which has proven to be very helpful. However, i am stuck with a command not found issue when asking for a y/n response from the user. Below is the part of code I believe is giving me grief... I have been trying to work through this for 3 hours now.... Please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: brokepunk
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (beginner) need help...

Hello, I'm new to Sheel script and I need your help for a script I need to develop (for me). Indead, I have a software which log all entry from internet and save it in text file. But, the log is practically unreadable because every 256 characters jump to a new line (even if the message is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: acidoangel
5 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell Script (beginner)

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Arguments: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8070/8212131370_8b6e8c10c5_c.jpg I am given these three arguments. $1, $2, $3 The first argument is the path to a directory. So, how would I go into the directory and compare files? I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: spider-man
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Beginner needs help with first script

Hi, so I have been doing ok making a relatively simple script just processing some data. However I am now at the point where im struggling to find the specific help I need. I have files in the form of yyyy.ddd.hh.mm.ss.stationnumber.component (they are earthquake events). eg.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: neneman3000
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner: script headache

Hi, I am new to shell scripting, but doing my best to learn things. Today doing courses there was exercise like this: #!/usr/bin/bash a=$1 b=$2 if ] then echo "Conditions are met" else echo "Conditions are not met" fi I improved it a little, beacuse of curiosity :D to this: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rosentine
8 Replies
jvisualvm(1)						      General Commands Manual						      jvisualvm(1)

NAME
jvisualvm - Java Virtual Machine Monitoring, Troubleshooting, and Profiling Tool SYNOPSIS
jvisualvm [ options ] PARAMETERS
Options, if used, should follow immediately after the command name. Options may be in any order. For a discussion of parameters that apply to a specific option, see OPTIONS below. DESCRIPTION
Java VisualVM is an intuitive graphical user interface that provides detailed information about Java technology-based applications (Java applications) while they are running on a given Java Virtual Machine (JVM(*)). The name Java VisualVM comes from the fact that Java Visu- alVM provides information about the JVM software visually. Java VisualVM combines several monitoring, troubleshooting, and profiling utilities into a single tool. For example, most of the function- ality offered by the standalone tools jmap, jinfo, jstat and jstack have been integrated into Java VisualVM. Other functionalities, such as some of those offered by the JConsole tool, can be added as optional plug-ins. OPTIONS
The following option is possible when you launch Java VisualVM. -J<jvm_option> Pass this <jvm_option> to the JVM software. USAGE
Java VisualVM is useful to Java application developers to troubleshoot applications and to monitor and improve the applications' perfor- mance. Java VisualVM can allow developers to generate and analyse heap dumps, track down memory leaks, perform and monitor garbage collec- tion, and perform lightweight memory and CPU profiling. Plug-ins also exist that expand the functionality of Java VisualVM. For example, most of the functionality of the JConsole tool is available via the MBeans Tab and JConsole Plug-in Wrapper plug-ins. You can choose from a catalog of standard Java VisualVM plug-ins by selecting 'Tools' | 'Plugins' in the Java VisualVM menus. Start Java VisualVM with the following command: % jvisualvm <options> SEE ALSO
For more details about Java VisualVM see the following pages. o Java VisualVM developers' site @ https://visualvm.dev.java.net o Java VisualVM in Java SE platform documentation @ http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/visualvm/index.html (* The terms "Java Virtual Machine" and "JVM" mean a Virtual Machine for the Java platform.) 26 Mar 2008 jvisualvm(1)