Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting What's wrong here? (Beginner's script) Post 302168025 by matrixmadhan on Saturday 16th of February 2008 01:25:45 PM
Old 02-16-2008
diffProc is a function call.

Just call it as
Code:
diffProc

and not as

diffProc()

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner trying to write a shell script!

Dear All, I'm trying to write a shell script that continously checks a certain folder. When a file is placed in the directory securely copies the file to another server. I've got the secure copying working, but I don't know how to contiously check a directory for a new file and then use that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: duncan_glover
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Beginner

I have a folder with lots of file. e.g. a.txt, b.txt, c.txt.... I want to put these files from the source directory and place them in a destination directory in a specific order, such as /destination/a/a.txt, /destination/b/b.txt, /destination/c/c.txt, ...... Please help. Thx :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron_fong
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner needs help with script

I would like to get a sample script (ksh or bash, or both so I could see the differences) What I want to do with the script is send an daily email to myself that contains the following: The number of files in a directory The total size of the files in that directory The contents of a file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: martyb555
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with (beginner?) script

I am in an intro to unix/linux course, and need some help with a project. We are tasked with creating a basic script to automate a task that an Admin might need to do. We submitted ideas and mine was to have the system keep a record of log in and log out times for users. I thought this was going... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DethbyNo
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner shell script help

. ./testFile.sh url=http://ichart.finance.yahoo.com/table.csv?s= suf=&d=5&e=9&f=2009&g=d&a=1&b=4&c=1999&ignore=.csv wget $url$s1$suf; sleep 10; cat header.txt > $s1.txt; chmod 777 $s1.txt; sed '1d' table.csv?s\=$s1 >> $s1.txt; rm -Rf table* Very new at shell scripting as you can see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harte
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Debugging a beginner shell script...

I have been following a tutorial on bash which has proven to be very helpful. However, i am stuck with a command not found issue when asking for a y/n response from the user. Below is the part of code I believe is giving me grief... I have been trying to work through this for 3 hours now.... Please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: brokepunk
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (beginner) need help...

Hello, I'm new to Sheel script and I need your help for a script I need to develop (for me). Indead, I have a software which log all entry from internet and save it in text file. But, the log is practically unreadable because every 256 characters jump to a new line (even if the message is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: acidoangel
5 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell Script (beginner)

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Arguments: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8070/8212131370_8b6e8c10c5_c.jpg I am given these three arguments. $1, $2, $3 The first argument is the path to a directory. So, how would I go into the directory and compare files? I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: spider-man
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Beginner needs help with first script

Hi, so I have been doing ok making a relatively simple script just processing some data. However I am now at the point where im struggling to find the specific help I need. I have files in the form of yyyy.ddd.hh.mm.ss.stationnumber.component (they are earthquake events). eg.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: neneman3000
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner: script headache

Hi, I am new to shell scripting, but doing my best to learn things. Today doing courses there was exercise like this: #!/usr/bin/bash a=$1 b=$2 if ] then echo "Conditions are met" else echo "Conditions are not met" fi I improved it a little, beacuse of curiosity :D to this: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rosentine
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)