Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Question regarding file transfer! Post 302167976 by tom_altar on Saturday 16th of February 2008 06:34:04 AM
Old 02-16-2008
Question regarding file transfer!

Hi friends,

I am looking for a secure and robust file transfer web service. I am handling a sales force which is stationed at different locations and is frequently moving. They need to upload there activity reports frequently to our servers. So I am looking for an easy to use secure and robust file transfer web service which can be used by my sales force for their needs.

Thanks & Warm Regards.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

file transfer

hi all how do i copy a file from one server to another thanks bkan77 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkan77
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer the file

Dear all, Can anybody let me know how to automate a file transfer process to a remote m/c thru SFTP , automate means it will not prmpt for password. how i am going to achive this....and what all methods are available or tools are available ???? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about secure file transfer

Hi all, I am running a large scale business and some time I have to transfer large and very important data files to my business partner. I fear about my data because there are many of my business competitors who will definitely try to steal my important data. So there is huge amount of risk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: camden
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp file transfer

hi i am trying to login to remote server using SFTP Protocol and trying to upload a file butit is asking for the password. Note: I am trying to connect to FrontEnd server sftp SFTREGUP1@14.71.26.6 Connecting to 14.71.26.6... Password Authentication Password: Please help (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transfer

Hi All, it might not be an sound question, i have two server like A and B.. i want to transfer file from B to A ..here i have some questions.. 1) do we need to create private and public key to connect..and transferring files...from B to A..? 2) i tried with scp options like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP file transfer mode question

I am having trouble viewing a file in ASCII after doing a 'get' using SFTP. It appears to have come across as machine language. Does the file have to be in ASCII format prior to the 'get' or is there a way to convert it to ascii after I get it onto my server? I have read where the secure file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wsiefkas
0 Replies

7. Programming

File transfer in C

HI Can anyone provide me with codes for file transfer server to client or vice versa? Also please explain how to compile those programs in ubuntu terminal as i am totally new to socket programming. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayhemtrigger
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoiding file overwrite during file transfer using scp

Hi, I have written a small script to transfer a file from one unix server to other using scp command which is working fine. As I know with scp, if any file with the same name is already present on destination server, it would get overwritten without any notification to user. Could anyone help me... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsa
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sosftp file transfer

I want to transfer file to remote location via sosftp but its not source and target directory is not getting resolved due to characters in folder name. REMOTE_DIR="/opt/tibco/data/transfer/uploads/Week 1/ABC XYZ (ID #: 2)/SR Week 1 (ID #: 17)/Proofing - Round 2 2 (ID #: 24)"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shaileshg
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File transfer

When using FTP to transfer a file from IBM iSeries family of servers client to a non IBM Iseries family server, files might have characters appear in the wrong format Eg | in Iseries and while transferring fro Iseries system to Linux , but instead of | it is showing as ?. Please advise (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhainit
3 Replies
show link(1m)															     show link(1m)

NAME
show link - Displays attribute information about the specified soft link SYNOPSIS
cdscp show link link-name [attribute-name] [with attribute-name = attribute-value] ARGUMENTS
The full name of a specific soft link. The last simple name can contain wildcard characters. The name of a particular attribute; see Description for valid attribute names. The value of a particular attribute. DESCRIPTION
The show link command displays the names and values of the attributes specified in attribute-name. You can use a combination of attributes in any sequence in a single command. Use a space to separate multiple attributes. You can use a with attribute-name = attribute-value clause to limit output only to soft links whose attributes have values equal to the specified values. A space must precede and follow the = (equals sign). If you do not supply any attributes, the command displays all attributes and their values. The following is a description of soft link attributes: Specifies the creation timestamp (CTS) of this soft link Specifies the full name of the directory, object entry, or other soft link to which the soft link points Specifies a timeout value after which the soft link is either checked or deleted Specifies the timestamp of the most recent update to an attribute of the soft link Privilege Required You must have read permission to the soft link. If you specify a wildcard soft link name, you also need read permission to the directory that stores the soft link. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
The following command displays the current values of all the attributes associated with the soft link /.:/sales/region1. cdscp> show link /.:/sales/region1 SHOW SOFTLINK /.../abc.com/sales/region1 AT 1991-10-15-15:54:40 CDS_CTS = 1991-10-15-19:54:35.00000003/08-00-2b-1c-8f-1f CDS_UTS = 1991-10-15-19:54:35.00000006/08-00-2b-1c-8f-1f CDS_LinkTarget = /.../abc.com/sales/service SHOW SOFTLINK /.../abc.com/sales/region1 AT 1991-10-15-15:54:41 CDS_CTS = 1991-10-15-19:54:36.00000077/08-00-2b-1c-8f-1f CDS_UTS = 1991-10-15-19:54:36.00000009/08-00-2b-1c-8f-1f CDS_LinkTarget = /.../abc.com/sales/software CDS_LinkTimeout = : Expiration = 1991-10-15-00:00:00.0 Extension = +1-00:00:00.000 RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: create link(1m), delete link(1m), list link(1m), remove link(1m), set link(1m) show link(1m)