Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: calculate time
Operating Systems AIX calculate time Post 302167610 by roden on Friday 15th of February 2008 01:08:09 AM
Old 02-15-2008
You could use RSCT for monitoring, have a look at: Status daemon monitoring

A simple way could be to:
Identify the process to monitor and create a trigger for monitoring it (such as a shell script) that are armed when the process time exceeds 30 min, and then do the paging.

Check the "IBM.Program" resource class and "Processes" resource: "IBM.Program Each resource of this class represents a program that is running on the host. " (Resource classes defined by the host resource manager)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

how to calculate CPU time under HP-UX

Hi, I am loking for a c++ function that calculate CPU time under HP-UX Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: limame
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate this time difference

Hi, Please help me in calculating the time difference between below mentioned timestamps. a=07/17/2007 02:20:00 AM MST b=07/17/2007 02:07:46 AM MST Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prat007
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

calculate the time

hello i want to display the time firstly when i run my shell script and after 25 min i want to display a message it says that the time left is 5 min. When the calculated time is 30 mins, the script should exit. can any one help me with that! Thanks in advance Regards :o (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dndoon
5 Replies

4. Programming

Calculate time to some date

Hello! I need to find how many days, hours and minutes remain to some specific date and I wonder why the following program shows incorrect values, such as 4 days 23 hours etc to 14:00 this Saturday from 17:33 today... #include <stdio.h> #include <time.h> int main() { time_t elaps,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate time difference between start and end time of a process!

Hello All, I have a problem calculating the time difference between start and end timings...! the timings are given by 24hr format.. Start Date : 08/05/10 12:55 End Date : 08/09/10 06:50 above values are in mm/dd/yy hh:mm format. Now the thing is, 7th(08/07/10) and... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate age of a file | calculate time difference

Hello, I'm trying to create a shell script (#!/bin/sh) which should tell me the age of a file in minutes... I have a process, which delivers me all 15 minutes a new file and I want to have a monitoring script, which sends me an email, if the present file is older than 20 minutes. To do... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: worm
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculate time from a given format

Hi i have a file which consists of the time records in following format H:MM:SS.sss 0:00:09.249 0:00:00.102 0:00:00.105 0:00:08.499 0:00:08.499 0:00:06.980 0:00:04.249 0:00:05.749 0:00:00.108 0:00:00.107 0:00:03.014 0:00:00.000 I need to calculate their equivalent milliseconds... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate time

Hello Guys, I am trying to calculate total hours and minutes a given user has used the system since the beginning of the current month. #!/usr/bin/sh hr=0 min=0 last $1 | grep -w `date "+%b"` | grep -v '\(0:.*\)' | grep -vw sshd | cut -c 66- | tr -d "\(\)" | cut -f1 -d ":" | grep -v '.*' |... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kasparov
9 Replies

9. Programming

How to calculate compilation time using c?

is there function with library "time.h" to calculate the processing time of the code? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate Time diff in milli milliseconds(Time format : HH:MM:SS,NNN)

Hi All, I have one file which contains time for request and response. I want to calculate time difference in milliseconds for each line. This file can contain 10K lines. Sample file with 4 lines. for first line. Request Time: 15:23:45,255 Response Time: 15:23:45,258 Time diff... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
6 Replies
alert(3alleg4)                                                    Allegro manual                                                    alert(3alleg4)

NAME
alert - Displays a popup alert box. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int alert(const char *s1, *s2, *s3, const char *b1, *b2, int c1, c2); DESCRIPTION
Displays a popup alert box, containing three lines of text (s1-s3), and with either one or two buttons. The text for these buttons is passed in `b1' and `b2' (`b2' may be NULL), and the keyboard shortcuts in `c1' and `c2' as ASCII value. Example: if (!exists(CONFIG_FILE)) alert(CONFIG_FILE, "not found.", "Using defaults.", "&Continue", NULL, 'c', 0); RETURN VALUE
Returns 1 or 2 depending on which button was clicked. If the alert is dismissed by pressing ESC when ESC is not one of the keyboard short- cuts, it treats it as a click on the second button (this is consistent with the common "Ok", "Cancel" alert). SEE ALSO
alert3(3alleg4), gui_fg_color(3alleg4), exgui(3alleg4), expackf(3alleg4), exspline(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 alert(3alleg4)