Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to setup a shell to use IRC behind firewall help Post 302167495 by denn on Thursday 14th of February 2008 03:01:52 PM
Old 02-14-2008
Quote:
I am behind a firewall blocking all IRC ports
If you're behind a firewall, and it's working correctly, as it appears to be,
there's really nothing from the shell you can do. You'll need to unblock the right port(s) on the firewall for it to function.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Irc??

hi there everybody.. i just noticed that there is no forum dedicated to internet relay chat (IRC)... although there are several threads focused on this, i think it is quite better if there is a forum where questions on IRC are tackled head-on in a purely academic level... anyway, this is just... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cable21
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Configure Firewall in unix from shell script

plz help me, i need to configure my firewall with using shell script, i am using unix fedora 9. thanks ppl. replys would be great. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: king_jon85
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell running setup in Korn ?

I am starting to code a few ideas of customization and tasks improvements on the office UNIX machine. My first script (see below) only contains ALIAS commands. But for some reason, when I execute it, the alias are not executed. I suspect it is because of the "#!/bin/ksh" not being recognized or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
4 Replies

4. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Help needed in IPTables firewall/router setup - Linux

HI all, I have setup IPTables firewall/Router and my home network, with address space 192.168.10.XXX Form my private network hosts, i can ping the gateway ( 192.168.10.101 ) , but the reverse is not happening. Can someone help me as of what i need to do, so that i can ping my private... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandan_m
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to setup Oracle connection inside shell script?

Hi, We have Oracle Connection parameters set up in file name "TESTDB" at location /abc/etc.When I try to run my shell script it does not connect to Oracle database. Please let me know how "TESTDB" file can be called inside script. ####################### Setting the directories... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy162
2 Replies

7. SCO

Irc port

does anyone know of a port of irc like irssi for unixware? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deus-programmer
3 Replies
APF(1)							      General Commands Manual							    APF(1)

NAME
apf - easy iptables based firewall system SYNOPSIS
apf DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the apf command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Advanced Policy Firewall (APF) is an iptables (netfilter) based firewall system designed around the essential needs of today's Internet deployed servers and the unique needs of custom deployed Linux installations. The configuration of APF is designed to be very informative and present the user with an easy to follow process, from top to bottom of the configuration file. The management of APF on a day-to-day basis is conducted from the command line with the 'apf' command, which includes detailed usage information and all the features one would expect from a current and forward thinking firewall solution. OPTIONS
apf follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -s|--start load all firewall rules -r|--restart stop (flush) & reload firewall rules -l|--list list all firewall rules -t|--status output firewall status log -e|--refresh refresh & resolve dns names in trust rules -a <HOST CMT|--allow <HOST COMMENT> add host (IP/FQDN) to allow_hosts.rules and immediately load new rule into firewall -d <HOST CMT|--deny <HOST COMMENT> add host (IP/FQDN) to deny_hosts.rules and immediately load new rule into firewall -u <HOST>|--remove <HOST> remove host from [glob]*_hosts.rules and immediately remove rule from firewall -o|--ovars output all configuration options COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2007, R-fx Networks <proj@r-fx.org> Copyright (C) 2007, Ryan MacDonald <ryan@r-fx.org> This program may be freely redistributed under the terms of the GNU GPL This manual page was written by Giuseppe Iuculano <giuseppe@iuculano.it>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). August 17, 2008 APF(1)