Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: comands inside the script
Special Forums Cybersecurity comands inside the script Post 302167150 by mercuryshipzz on Wednesday 13th of February 2008 03:25:51 PM
Old 02-13-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakris
NP,

Yes but the content of result is in Your local machine, isn't it? And that doesn't get deleted until You end the script.
Smilie

/L
ohhh k... i got it ....

thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

External comands in C?

Hey all, I'm writting my first C program (Apart from the little ones I did to learn the program). What I want for this program to do is ping a range of IP's and then place the reply if alive into a file the compare all in that file to the /etc/hosts file to find the host name. I know I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to identify the type of shell using comands..

Dear friends, please tell me how to identify the type of the shell (whether cShell, kshell or anything else) please tell me the command. waiting for ur reply.... regards, swamymns (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swamymns
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

For Loops Within Ftp Comands

I am having trouble getting files to ftp over when I run the file names through a loop. If I just do one file it works, but inside of a for loop it does not. Help! ################section 2 cd /home/salazar/chk_data chmod 777 * ftp -n 161.241.--.-- <<! user anonymous \n ascii for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsalz638
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 network, process, database related comands

Hi everbody, Can anyone let me know the resources for list of network, process, database related commands of solaris10 possibly with little bit of explanation. Thanks in advance, Chandra Sekhar. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandoo.java
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a unix script(which is calling another script inside that) in background

Hi all, I am having a script ScriptA which is calling a script ScriptB in the same server and copying files to second server and have to execute one script ScriptC in the second server. THis First script ScriptA is the main script and i have to execute this process continously. for Keeping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohithji
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Help - Multi Comands

Hi guys I am trying to get a bunch of lines into a .sh script that will let me easily run a bunch of commands on its own without me having to be there... I have done this with other things but apparetnly it doesn't like to use yum.. I will post my script you will see what im trying to do.. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bigstack
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute multiple comands on one single line

hi, I have a litle problem i wish to excute this comand : ./test.sh -e txt /home -l a so what it says is that "-e" shows me all the extenions that are ".txt" in "home" this works but then i wish that "-l" will show all files begining in this case with the letter "a" . Both comands work... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samirboss
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of the below ftp comands

plz let me know what the below ftp is doing it . ftp -m amazon-d . -i /test/load/y748_W*.stc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge Expect script inside shell script?

Hi I have two scripts one is Expect and other is shell. I want to merge Expect code in to Shell script so that i can run it using only one script. Can somebody help me out ? Order to execute: Run Expect_install.sh first and then when installation completes run runTests.sh shell script. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashish_neekhra
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture run time of python script executed inside shell script

I have bash shell script which is internally calling python script.I would like to know how long python is taking to execute.I am not allowed to do changes in python script.Please note i need to know execution time of python script which is getting executed inside shell .I need to store execution... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adfire
2 Replies
SETUID(1)						      General Commands Manual							 SETUID(1)

NAME
setuid - run a command with a different uid. SYNOPSIS
setuid username|uid command [ args ] DESCRIPTION
Setuid changes user id, then executes the specified command. Unlike some versions of su(1), this program doesn't ever ask for a password when executed with effective uid=root. This program doesn't change the environment; it only changes the uid and then uses execvp() to find the command in the path, and execute it. (If the command is a script, execvp() passes the command name to /bin/sh for processing.) For example, setuid some_user $SHELL can be used to start a shell running as another user. Setuid is useful inside scripts that are being run by a setuid-root user -- such as a script invoked with super, so that the script can execute some commands using the uid of the original user, instead of root. This allows unsafe commands (such as editors and pagers) to be used in a non-root mode inside a super script. For example, an operator with permission to modify a certain protected_file could use a super command that simply does: cp protected_file temp_file setuid $ORIG_USER ${EDITOR:-/bin/vi} temp_file cp temp_file protected_file (Note: don't use this example directly. If the temp_file can somehow be replaced by another user, as might be the case if it's kept in a temporary directory, there will be a race condition in the time between editing the temporary file and copying it back to the protected file.) AUTHOR
Will Deich local SETUID(1)