Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: add lines in file with perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting add lines in file with perl Post 302167028 by jinsh on Wednesday 13th of February 2008 09:50:26 AM
Old 02-13-2008
It works! Thanks so much.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

strip first 4 and last 2 lines from a file using perl

Hi I have a file from which i need to remove the first 4 and the last 2 lines.. i know how to do it with sed but i need to do it in a perl script.. can you please help me how to do that. Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: meghana
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: add string to multiple lines

Dear all, I am stuck while trying to add a string to multiple lines. Let me try to explain using an example: Input: -------- myExample_send ("MasterSends", n, "Data Type", MPI_INT); correct Output:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonny
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove the lines from file using perl

Can anyone tell me what could be the solution to following : I have one .txt file which contains some seed information. This seed may appear multiple time in the file so what I want do is if this seed appears again in the file then that line should be removed. here is the contents of .txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipakg
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove the specific lines from file using perl

Can anyone tell me what could be the solution to following : I have one .txt file which contains some "seed" information. This seed may appear multiple time in the file so what I want do is if this seed appears again in the file then that line should be removed. Please provide the script code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipakg
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a file using perl and skipping some lines

Hi, Consider following file with input: `YFLG:NC^Byad_insert constraint {id=600104470} {profile=GENDER == 2} {profile=BEHAVIOR == 17} {profile=SITEATTR_MULT == siteid:211051} {profile=AGE in } yad_insert ad {id=1718286093336959379} {type=R} ^AYFLG:YOO^Byad_insert constraint {id=600104471}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bvids
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Perl to Merge Multiple Lines in a File

I've hunted and hunted but nothing seems to apply to what I need. Any help will be much appreciated! My input file looks like (Unix): marker,allele1,allele2 RS1002244,1,1 RS1002244,1,3 RS1002244,3,3 RS1003719,2,2 RS1003719,2,4 RS1003719,4,4 Most markers are listed 3 times but a few... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peggy White
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the lines matched of a file in perl?

Hi, I want to match the time in the file and retrieve those contents of the file. I am taking only first two parameters of localtime(time) function minutes and seconds so partial match i am performing. For Example $start = "14:23"; $end = "14:30"; I am matching file contents... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete lines from a file in PERL?

Hi, I have 500 MB of file. I want to retain first line and last line of the file. I am unaware of deleting lines from a file in PERL. How can i do it in PERL? Regards VANITHA (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract some lines from one file and add those lines to current file

hi, i have two files. file1.sh echo "unix" echo "linux" file2.sh echo "unix linux forums" now the output i need is $./file2.sh unix linux forums (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snreddy_gopu
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Classify lines in file using perl

The below perl executes and does classify each of the 3 lines in file.txt. Lines 2 and 3 are correct as they fit the criteria for Rule 2. The problem is that line one should be classified VUS as it does not meet the criteria for Rule 1, so Rule 3 is used. However, currently Rule 2 is changing the... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
27 Replies
DH_PERL(1)							     Debhelper								DH_PERL(1)

NAME
dh_perl - calculates Perl dependencies and cleans up after MakeMaker SYNOPSIS
dh_perl [debhelperoptions] [-d] [librarydirs...] DESCRIPTION
dh_perl is a debhelper program that is responsible for generating the ${perl:Depends} substitutions and adding them to substvars files. The program will look at Perl scripts and modules in your package, and will use this information to generate a dependency on perl or perlapi. The dependency will be substituted into your package's control file wherever you place the token ${perl:Depends}. dh_perl also cleans up empty directories that MakeMaker can generate when installing Perl modules. OPTIONS
-d In some specific cases you may want to depend on perl-base rather than the full perl package. If so, you can pass the -d option to make dh_perl generate a dependency on the correct base package. This is only necessary for some packages that are included in the base system. Note that this flag may cause no dependency on perl-base to be generated at all. perl-base is Essential, so its dependency can be left out, unless a versioned dependency is needed. -V By default, scripts and architecture independent modules don't depend on any specific version of perl. The -V option causes the current version of the perl (or perl-base with -d) package to be specified. library dirs If your package installs Perl modules in non-standard directories, you can make dh_perl check those directories by passing their names on the command line. It will only check the vendorlib and vendorarch directories by default. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 3.8.3 Perl policy, version 1.20 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Brendan O'Dea <bod@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_PERL(1)