Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shel program file handling
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shel program file handling Post 302166915 by manas_ranjan on Wednesday 13th of February 2008 04:49:30 AM
Old 02-13-2008
try this also

Try this out.....

awk '{ a[$1]=$0 }
END{
n = asort(a)
for (i=1;i<=n;i++) print a[i]
}' <filename>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shel Script doesn't work from Exceed

Hi, I am using this script to load up my Oracle Databases, but when I log in through Exceed, it hangs. Can anyone tell me what else I need to add to make this work?? Details ****************************************************************************************************... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnkansah
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remotely installing apache server using Shel scripting

Hi guys, I am trying to install apache server onto a remote machine. I file transferred the .gz file and extracted it on the remote server using shell scripts. Then I used the make and make install commands. Everything worked fine until now. I know that i had to change the httpd.conf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tadi18
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File Handling

Hi, I have a log file which runs into 3 to 5 GB. We store this typically for 6 months. When a new month starts we move the previous month into a 9 month back up log (file.9m) and delete the last month of the 9 month back up. Iam using awk to find the data and cat to join the files like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need some clarification on for loop in shel script

for ( ( $i=0 ; $i<=6 ; $i++ ) ) do p=/RSA-Data/PE-data00"${i}" echo "$p" done --- i need output as below /RSA-Data/PE-data000 . . . /RSA-Data/PE-Data006 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File handling

my input for a script is another csv file but in that file say 7 lines are there ... how can i get line by line to that input for example : >cat link.csv www.yahoo.com,yahoo www.google.com,google www.unix.com,unix another file in that file i need to ping the above links ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
2 Replies

6. Programming

Please help:program hang stuck there signal handling on POSIX Message Queue UNIX C programming

in a single main() function,so need signal handling. Use Posix Message Queue IPC mechanism , can ignore the priority and other linked list message,to implement the scenario: client:Knock Knock server:who's there client: Eric Server:Eric,Welcome. client:exit all process terminated ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ouou
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

need help with a shel script plzz

hey how u doing guys ... I'm a student @ EMU and taking a beginner Linux class and I have those two extra credit project that im struggling with so I hope to get some correction and help write a shell script that will 1-prompt the user for a file name 2-check to see if the file exists... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flyman
2 Replies

8. AIX

How to create core through program at the time of crash by handling signals?

I am in process of writing a library which can make any application of my product capable of creating core in the application's log folder with a product friendly core file name programatically. In my library I am registering for certain signals e.g. SIGILL, SIGFPE, SIGBUS, SIGSEGV, SIGSYS, SIGABRT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeev_ks
1 Replies

9. Solaris

How to create core through program at the time of crash by handling signals?

I am in process of writing a library which can make any application of my product capable of creating core in the application's log folder with a product friendly core file name programatically. In my library I am registering for certain signals e.g. SIGILL, SIGFPE, SIGBUS, SIGSEGV, SIGSYS, SIGABRT... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeev_ks
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to simulate ''Esc'' keystroke in a bash shel script?

I am using Ubuntu 12.4 I am running the following script: ++++++++ #!/bin/bash while ; do xdotool mousemove 248 539 click 1 & sleep 3 done +++++++++ This moves the mouse on the specified position on the screen and clicks that pauses the script for 3 seconds and repeats the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfarnume
2 Replies
END(7)								   SQL Commands 							    END(7)

NAME
END - commit the current transaction SYNOPSIS
END [ WORK | TRANSACTION ] DESCRIPTION
END commits the current transaction. All changes made by the transaction become visible to others and are guaranteed to be durable if a crash occurs. This command is a PostgreSQL extension that is equivalent to COMMIT [commit(7)]. PARAMETERS
WORK TRANSACTION Optional key words. They have no effect. NOTES
Use ROLLBACK [rollback(7)] to abort a transaction. Issuing END when not inside a transaction does no harm, but it will provoke a warning message. EXAMPLES
To commit the current transaction and make all changes permanent: END; COMPATIBILITY
END is a PostgreSQL extension that provides functionality equivalent to COMMIT [commit(7)], which is specified in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
BEGIN [begin(7)], COMMIT [commit(7)], ROLLBACK [rollback(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 END(7)