Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DNS unable to set up!!
Operating Systems Linux DNS unable to set up!! Post 302166884 by otheus on Wednesday 13th of February 2008 03:02:38 AM
Old 02-13-2008
Just eye-balling the configuration, everything looks OK. What are you doing that tells you it's not working?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS set-up

Were able to set-up and configure Web,File and DHCP Services except for the DNS set-up. Isn't it that to set up dns, we have to use BIND? In Web Services, we were able to view the default page using the servers IP address, our client wants to view it using or typing the address for example... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carljo
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

How can I set DNS for my website

I have developed a website using LAMP. Right now we are accessing the website using ip address(in intranet) ie http://10.192.192.162/IntraWeb/index.php I would like to access the web using name instead of ip address. ie http://www.projects.org/IntraWeb/index.php How can I set DNS for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sip
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to set a data to array

Hi All, Iam trying to set the value to the array... Still its not happening Following is the code: #!/usr/bin/ksh filenames="x"; filenames="y"; echo $filenames; echo $filenames; O/P: x x Iam expecting (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranlalka
2 Replies

4. Solaris

timeout : unable to connect to DNS

i tried to configure DNS on my x86 PC ,in a network but after following all the below mentioned steps , I am getting the message ."timeout : unable to connect to DNS" Steps followed : Step 1. First check that the necessary packages are installed to configure DNS. Step 2. Configure the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kush singh
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to set dns in rhel4

Hi, I would like to know on how to set up dns on my server running rhel 4, the purpose so other computers can look through this server(trial1) when they nslookup and so on.. I tried to put my server name(trial1) and ip address in /etc/resolv.conf but when I try on the other server to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: flekzout
4 Replies

6. Programming

How to set DNS lookup type for getaddrinfo()?

Hi there, I'm trying to do an MX type lookup using getaddrinfo(), but I can't work out how to change the lookup type to MX from the standard A - can anybody tell me how to do this? Thanks very much John G (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnGraham
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Issue in DNS set up

:wall:I am a beginer in Linux admin. I have build new DNS setting in my system. Please find the below procedure what I followed to build DNS. but at last when I fired nslookup command, its getting error. I am using RHEL5 OS. Please help me to resolve this below issue.. Advance thanks for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradipta_pks
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to set my PATH variable

Hello All, Hope you can understand my problem from the below code. $ cat ~/.profile PS1=`whoami`@`hostname`':$PWD $ ' export PATH="$PATH:.:/logarchive/utility/util:/usr/sbin:" $ echo $PATH /usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:.:/usr/sbin: $ echo $SHELL /usr/bin/ksh ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Set up and configure DNS in virtualbox

hi to everyone. our instructor gave us a cd containing rhel6. where on 3rd week now and he is assgning us to configure a dns. Im using rhel 6.3(anaconda). i install bind. and says:nothing to do. when i follow step by step configuration in some website i encounter problems like i have no file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpmacaspac
1 Replies

10. Linux

Unable to set static ip address

Hi All, Am using centos 7 in my vmware workstatio with the bridged network. when run the ifconfig cmd its not at all showing the ip address and pls advise how to set static ip address in my linux box. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarathkumar s
1 Replies
LDAP2DNS(1)						      General Commands Manual						       LDAP2DNS(1)

NAME
ldap2dns - LDAP based DNS management system SYNOPSIS
ldap2dns[d] [-D binddn] [-b searchbase] [-o data|db] [-h host] [-p port] [-w password] [-L[filename]] [-u numsecs] [-v[v]] [-V] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the ldap2dns commands. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page yet. ldap2dns is an efficient, administration friendly way to maintain DNS information and distribute DNS records to multiple primary DNS servers running djbdns or BIND OPTIONS
A summary of commanline options is included below. -D binddn Use the distinguished name binddn to bind to the LDAP directory. -w bindpasswd Use bindpasswd as the password for simple authentication. -b Use searchbase as the starting point for the search instead of the default. -o data Generate a "data" file to be processed by tinydns-data -o db For each zone generate a "<zonename>.db" file to be used by named -L[filename] Print output in LDIF format for reimport. -h host Hostname of LDAP server, defaults to localhost. -p port Portnumber to connect to LDAP server, defaults to 389 -u numsecs Update DNS data after numsecs. Defaults to 59 if started as daemon. Important notice: data.cdb is rewritten only after DNSserial in DNSzone is increased. -e exec-cmd This command is executed after ldap2dns regenerated its data files. -v Run in verbose mode. -vv Run in even more verbose mode. -V Print version and exit. ENVIRONMENT
LDAP2DNS_UPDATE The LDAP2DNS_UPDATE environment variable sets the time interval in seconds to update DNS data. This variable is overridden by -u option. LDAP2DNS_OUTPUT Specify the type of output. It may be set to 'data' so that its output may be used by tinydns. It may be set to 'db' so that its output may be used by TINYDNSDIR The root-directory used by tinydns, ie. the one in which to tinydns expects its 'data'-file. FILES
/etc/openldap/ldap.conf Options specified here fulfil the same purpose as for other ldap-tools. SEE ALSO
ldap.conf(5), ldapsearch(1), tinydns, named.conf(5). Please visit the project homepage for more detail: [http://ldap2dns.tiscover.com/] AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Johann Botha <joe@blio.net>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system and is distributed under the GPL version 2 or later. Jacob Rief <jacob.rief@tiscover.com> is the original author of this program. May 22, 2001 LDAP2DNS(1)